Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Thanks! Don't worry about the Thor Corps. It's pretty much standard procedure for a new character to have an awesome first showing to prove that they have the proper mettle and skill. Beta Ray Bill and Red Norvell arrive shortly to reign in Freya's scion before things get too out of hand.
    ok fair enough!!
    Cyclops was right

I would love to see Blade get an asgardian weapon to use against vampires and other monsters.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Thunderstrike needs to come back. Thor Girl too.
    Recent convert to him. Got the limited where Kevin got the mace and then Asgardians of The Galaxy was fun.

He fits into my dream Ant-Man book as Cassie's boyfriend.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I would love to see Blade get an asgardian weapon to use against vampires and other monsters.
    Blade has killed so many supernatural creatures with that sword of his that I'm surprised it hasn't taken on unique mystical properties of its own. Maybe all that is left to do is purify it in the heart of the Celestial Djinn of Dragons and and give it a really cool name. "Move over Excalibur, Ebony Blade, Dragonfang, Godkiller, Grasscutter, Odinsword, Soulsword and others. Blade's (whatever you want to call it) sword is here and heads will roll!"

Blade has killed so many supernatural creatures with that sword of his that I'm surprised it hasn't taken on unique mystical properties of its own. Maybe all that is left to do is purify it in the heart of the Celestial Djinn of Dragons and and give it a really cool name. "Move over Excalibur, Ebony Blade, Dragonfang, Godkiller, Grasscutter, Odinsword, Soulsword and others. Blade's (whatever you want to call it) sword is here and heads will roll!"
    How about Blade's blade aka Blade Blade lol, or Monster Chopper, or Vampire Knife

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    How about Blade's blade aka Blade Blade lol, or Monster Chopper, or Vampire Knife
    It needs something with a little more personality....like Stabby McChopper.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    It needs something with a little more personality....like Stabby McChopper.
    Headslicer

Extraordinary Member

Headslicer
    Stabby McHeadslicer???

Just think it needs a Stabby in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Stabby McHeadslicer???

Just think it needs a Stabby in there.
    No, Stabby would probably be the name of Deadpool's sword/katana

Knowing Blade, he'd name it Kazi Ya Damu, which, if Google translator is correct, means "bloodwork" in Swahili. But I'd probably call it something simple like Ghostcutter. Or The Beautiful Ones after the Prince song.

Whatever the name, I agree with Hypestyle. It would be pretty cool if Blade had a supernatural sword to add to his legend.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Maybe we need a thread for ALL Asgardian weapons/item?
    I like Gungnir, the 'Spear of Heaven' used by Odin (which, in the Marvel universe, looks kinda like a trident). Also able to throw lightning, similar to Mjolnir.

And there's Dragonfang, the original Valkyrie's sword, made from a fang of the dragon Fafnir, and enchanted to be able to cut a portal between Midgard and Asgard. (A hammer, spear, whatever crafted from Fafnir's other fang, and able to tap into the fiery breathe of the dragon, and it's awesome strength, could be a fun twist on Mjolnir, one that shot fire instead of lightning!)

Weapons unrelated to storms and thunder could be interesting. Is there a weapon related to the earth and stone, perhaps held by the trolls (who stole it from the dwarves)? A weapon related to ice and cold, related to the frost giants? Fire and magma, like the Sword of Surtr? Shadow and darkness, tied to the dark elves? Why should Thor and the various Thor clones get all the kewl (boring, derivative storm-hammer) toys!

Maces, spears, swords, polearms, bows, axes, shields, there's a ton of possibilities! And far more than just 'storms', there's stuff related to Asgardian gods of the sun, or trickery, or music, or light, or strength, or war.

And not just weapons. Seeing Hlidskjakf, Odin's All-Seeing Throne, or Draupnir, or Freyja's magic necklace Brisingamn (sp?) or falcon-feather cloak, could be fun. The lore is chock full of fun stuff, like Thor's chariot pulled by goats (Freya had one pulled by giant cats, her brother Frey rode a giant glowing boar, etc.) and Odin's eight-legged horse Sleipnir (whose *mother* was Loki, heh). The amount of cool stuff not being used by Marvel from Norse folklore is mind-boggling. There's a half-dozen or more regular Norse gods either not currently, or not ever, being used, like Tyr, Magni, Modi, Bragi, Syn, Sol, Skadi, Frey, Ran, Ullr, Forseti, etc. Hell, *Sif* is barely being used...
    Last edited by Sutekh; 08-02-2020 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I like Gungnir, the 'Spear of Heaven' used by Odin (which, in the Marvel universe, looks kinda like a trident). Also able to throw lightning, similar to Mjolnir.

And there's Dragonfang, the original Valkyrie's sword, made from a fang of the dragon Fafnir, and enchanted to be able to cut a portal between Midgard and Asgard. (A hammer, spear, whatever crafted from Fafnir's other fang, and able to tap into the fiery breathe of the dragon, and it's awesome strength, could be a fun twist on Mjolnir, one that shot fire instead of lightning!)

Weapons unrelated to storms and thunder could be interesting. Is there a weapon related to the earth and stone, perhaps held by the trolls (who stole it from the dwarves)? A weapon related to ice and cold, related to the frost giants? Fire and magma, like the Sword of Surtr? Shadow and darkness, tied to the dark elves? Why should Thor and the various Thor clones get all the kewl (boring, derivative storm-hammer) toys!

Maces, spears, swords, polearms, bows, axes, shields, there's a ton of possibilities! And far more than just 'storms', there's stuff related to Asgardian gods of the sun, or trickery, or music, or light, or strength, or war.

And not just weapons. Seeing Hlidskjakf, Odin's All-Seeing Throne, or Draupnir, or Freyja's magic necklace Brisingamn (sp?) or falcon-feather cloak, could be fun. The lore is chock full of fun stuff, like Thor's chariot pulled by goats (Freya had one pulled by giant cats, her brother Frey rode a giant glowing boar, etc.) and Odin's eight-legged horse Sleipnir (whose *mother* was Loki, heh). The amount of cool stuff not being used by Marvel from Norse folklore is mind-boggling. There's a half-dozen or more regular Norse gods either not currently, or not ever, being used, like Tyr, Magni, Modi, Bragi, Syn, Sol, Skadi, Frey, Ran, Ullr, Forseti, etc. Hell, *Sif* is barely being used...
    I thought we were only supposed to refernce "hammers" in this thread?

Dragonfang was carved whole from the tusk of a dragon by the ancient wizard Kahji-Da. I do not believe the dragon was ever named, let alone Fafnir. Where did you get this idea? Also, being able to cleave a portal between Asgard and Midgard--that was what Sif's sword could do, thanks to Odin's enchantment.

Dragonfang is golden in color from top-to-tip (something modern writers do not know), holds enchantments incredibly well, has it's own mystic properties we have not yet seen since writers never explored into this realm, it can cut through virtually anything and it is indestructible.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

I was focusing on the Thor hammers specifically for my story, but you're right, Asgard, like pretty much every mythical, magical realm, has a number of items of power and not just weapons.

That actually comes into play in my story. Odin's great enemy is going to exact a heavy toll on the Thor Corps and they're going to need outside help. I plan to showcase a handful of gods and immortal legends from other pantheons who have their own magical weapons. I'm just trying to decide which classic legend to represent the "American god."

Ultimate Member

I'm just trying to decide which classic legend to represent the "American god."
    A native american god could be fun, and on-theme. The central/south american ones are also an option, and one or two have appeared before in the comics, such as Quetzalcoutl, IIRC, in the fight against Atum the God-Eater.

Or more modern concepts like Almighty Dollar or 'Media' from American Gods. An 'Almighty Dollar' who manifests as a Kingpin-looking man in a Boss Tweed suit who backs away from a fight and throws down wads of cash that transmute into armed soldiers that fight and die for him could be terribly not subtle.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Honestly, I’d like to see more items of Asgardian heritage focused on and created, rather than just hammers.
    Than we need to add Trolls axe, too.