Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Or more modern concepts like Almighty Dollar or 'Media' from American Gods. An 'Almighty Dollar' who manifests as a Kingpin-looking man in a Boss Tweed suit who backs away from a fight and throws down wads of cash that transmute into armed soldiers that fight and die for him could be terribly not subtle.
    Oh, initially I was thinking even less subtle than that.

Fred J. Dukes, a.k.a., the Blob, becomes the US President. By dint of his supporters' "worship" and his title making him "the most powerful man in the world", he claims godhood. Asgard's enemies see an opportunity and bestow upon Fred godly essence and a mystical weapon in exchange for his covert aid. Fred leaps at the deal and agrees. However, an unexpected reaction to the dark magic tints Fred's skin with a perinone hue, while his brown hair becomes flaxen. Caling himself, The Mega-Patriot, Fred joins the Thor Corps task force, but betrays them later, leading to Odin's death.

Of course, I later thought better of making the Blob a character in my story and turning the ultimate patriot into the ultimate betrayer. I'm thinking Red Wolf, Reno Jones, the Apache Kid or someone like that might be perfect characters to reimagine in a mythical role. (Did I mention that the story will take the Thors across time and space?)

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I'm just trying to decide which classic legend to represent the "American god."
    Uncle Sam. Yankee Doodle, John Henry,

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Uncle Sam. Yankee Doodle, John Henry,
    Yep, all came to mind. I was also thinking of creating an original character to honor the Chinese immigrants who worked on the Transcontinental railroad. The silver hammer or the Golden Spike used ceremoniously to complete the railroad might make for interesting weapons.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Yep, all came to mind. I was also thinking of creating an original character to honor the Chinese immigrants who worked on the Transcontinental railroad. The silver hammer or the Golden Spike used ceremoniously to complete the railroad might make for interesting weapons.
    If looking for an 'American' god I would suggest digging into native american gods.