Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I loved the issue. I know Fantomex's story from New X-men but I haven't read everything others have done with him. I will probably need to do more back issue research. I loved the flashbacks to Assault on Weapn Plus. That was great.

I can't wait to read the last part in Giant Size Storm.

best Giant-Size yet. and I know nothing about Fantomex lol. This is what I've been craving from them.

Looking at this I'm tempted to get it.

Fantastic Member Captain Buttocks's Avatar

It looked great. Absolutely fabulous.

Story was entertaining enough if feeling a tad throwaway.

Ultimately - it made me want to re-read Attack on Weapon Plus

I had no clue this would lead into Storm's issue. Sad that it appears Jean wont be apart of the effort to save her

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I loved the issue. I know Fantomex's story from New X-men but I haven't read everything others have done with him. I will probably need to do more back issue research. I loved the flashbacks to Assault on Weapn Plus. That was great.

I can't wait to read the last part in Giant Size Storm.
    When does that come out? I'm hoping that it somehow retroactively makes the Nightcrawler and Magneto issues relevant.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I had no clue this would lead into Storm's issue. Sad that it appears Jean wont be apart of the effort to save her
    Of course she isn't, must have been too much for Jean being someone who helped discovered what was happening to Ororo actually assist her "sister"? Who knows maybe Emma's available.

BANNED

I thoroughly enjoyed this issue. I’d say this was better than Magneto.

I like the Mystery to this book and Origin. Not bad. I’m curious as to why Storm picked this particular Team.

I also thought it was funny every group Fantomex talked to for help he either left them or they died LOL.

I'm not a fan of Fantomex and don't actually know anything of his history, but this was easily the best out of the 4 Giant Size titles so far!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    True that, I am not sure where Jean is right now, haven't seen her in the recent issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Of course she isn't, must have been too much for Jean being someone who helped discovered what was happening to Ororo actually assist her "sister"? Who knows maybe Emma's available.
    That just wrong, plus, if I am not mistaken Emma is busy with the Genoshan stuff that is happening on the other front.

Overall, I am not fan of Fantomex and I am not someone who dislikes him or hate him, I have zero knowledge for this guy! I don't even know what his mutant powers are, but that issue was really interesting to read. What throw me off is all this jumps in times, which I am never fan of it. What I am hyped about this issue is Storm and her adventure in The World... looking forward to see where this will lead for her. As a huge Storm fan, I am glad to see progress on her virus thingy which we found out in GS: Jean and Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Doubtful considering Emma also isnt here

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    True that, I am not sure where Jean is right now, haven't seen her in the recent issues.
    She was last seen in X-Factor on the QC

Really enjoyed this issue, and heck! I sure was shocked to turn the page and see a retelling of Assault on Weapon X! I really love how much attention and respect Hickman gives to the Morrison run.

The funny thing with Fantomex is how difficult it is to follow what's real in his stories: originally, all his backstory was bullshit, was it not? And yet, it appears -- if this story is to be taken at face value -- that Fantomex has been outside The World for quite a long time.

I don't buy it, though.

I saw someone else mention it already: I think the "decades" were in regards to The World, and in the "real" world it may as well have been a single week or something.

Beyond that, can we even be sure the events shown happened at all? Nothing seemed overly fishy about the Hellfire Club attempt, but the Howling Commandos definitely seemed off, and then there were the... what were they called? Humanaughts? Something weird. And, as far as I know, completely original characters with no history of their own.

Call me a purist, but as someone who really, really loves Morrison's Here Comes Tomorrow, I can't help but see Fantomex as an incredibly tragic dupe of a character -- someone who wants to be a real boy more than anything and, in the end, isn't. So I look forward to seeing how Hickman handles the character, and how true he sticks to the original interpretation.

-Pav, who won't be upset if Hickman goes in a different direction however...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

So GS Jean and Emma, GS Nightcrawler and GS Fantomex all tie into GS Storm. I wonder if GS Magneto will factor in or if that will be an outlier

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    When does that come out? I'm hoping that it somehow retroactively makes the Nightcrawler and Magneto issues relevant.
    Giant Size Storm comes out in early September if I recall correctly.

So far the connection is see is the Sidri (giant size nightcrawler) are techno organic and a collective, the world seems to react to organic individvuals as though they are viruses and tries to purge them (giant size fantomex). Storm and Monet have both encountered the sidri when protecting lilandri, and warlock was with nightcrawler and interfaced with the sidri in the nightcrawler story. The cocoon storm was in in her mind looks sort of like the one the sidri had lady mastermind in. Storm is infected with a techno organic virus that is killing her.

Giant size magneto i got nothing except for the fact that it was a lot of organic life surrounded by metal on the outside. so a juxtaposition of biological and technology.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/