Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If you're going to shorten the name, call him Fury Jr. "Nick Jr" just makes me think of the TV channel, lol!
    Had the same feeling once I posted it.

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    No, no more MCU-synergy.

What marvel should do is bring back the kid Tony helped deliver when he was homeless. Tony is like papa to young superheroes, From Kamala to Riri and Rhodeys niece Lila.
    Bendis totally ignored Lila (has she appeared since Secret Wars at all?) - she should've been made the new War Machine at the same time Riri became Ironheart (Rhodey was also taken off the board in Civil War II, so the mantle was available - it went to Punisher instead!).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Bendis totally ignored Lila (has she appeared since Secret Wars at all?) - she should've been made the new War Machine at the same time Riri became Ironheart (Rhodey was also taken off the board in Civil War II, so the mantle was available - it went to Punisher instead!).
    Happens to a lot of characters...no one else wants to use them so they go back into limbo.

Quite frankly...if you are using a character (in this case Rhodey in IM stories) you get all their supporting characters....even if it is just Rhodey getting an email from her or mentioning to someone how his niece is doing at college.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    It would just have to be written making him his own thing...not a junior knock off of Tony or a clone of Riri.
    Him being Iron Lad doesn't help make that case. You're better off making him an inhuman/mutant or finding some other gimmick.

Maybe you should rename the thread to "How could Harley keener work in the MU?"

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I wouldn't mind him appearing in the comics, but God, please, NOT as Iron Lad. I already hate how MCU fans have co-opted the Iron Lad identity for him. I definitely don't want the comics to give them any more ideas. We don't need a brand new Iron Lad Marvel has literally created three new Iron Man legacy characters in the last decade. Let Harley be an assistant for Tony or a friend of Riri in the comics; that should be good enough.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Him being Iron Lad doesn't help make that case. You're better off making him an inhuman/mutant or finding some other gimmick.

Maybe you should rename the thread to "How could Harley keener work in the MU?"
    His own thing as in personality, attitude and the way he goes about things.....Like Rhodey uses Stark armor...but is still his own thing.

His own thing as in personality, attitude and the way he goes about things.....Like Rhodey uses Stark armor...but is still his own thing.
    So whats the appeal for you in having Harley come into the MU? What does he bring?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    So whats the appeal for you in having Harley come into the MU? What does he bring?
    It is about the possibilities for me. How would he be presented..how would he stand out as his own character and not a junior knock off? If he was the new Iron Lad and they rebooted Young Avengers with some OG members and some new ones (adding him to the roster) how would he interact with them? What would OG YAs think of him using that identity...especially Cassie? Did he chose it for himself or did he show up on the news and he got tagged with it because it reminded people of the original Iron Lad?

I am a firm believer of having more toys in the toy box...and using them...even if just once in a while. Like what was said above about the baby Tony delivered while homeless....What ever happened to the kid? Did Tony make sure he was adopted by a good family? Did he make sure the kid has the best education possible? Did he set up a scholarship that would let the kid go anywhere he wanted to for college?
    Last edited by Chris0013; 08-02-2020 at 03:22 PM.

I didn’t even know the punisher took the mantle. I’m now pissed!
    Yikes, my grammar has gone to ****. Rip

It is about the possibilities for me. How would he be presented..how would he stand out as his own character and not a junior knock off? If he was the new Iron Lad and they rebooted Young Avengers with some OG members and some new ones (adding him to the roster) how would he interact with them? What would OG YAs think of him using that identity...especially Cassie? Did he chose it for himself or did he show up on the news and he got tagged with it because it reminded people of the original Iron Lad?

I am a firm believer of having more toys in the toy box...and using them...even if just once in a while. Like what was said above about the baby Tony delivered while homeless....What ever happened to the kid? Did Tony make sure he was adopted by a good family? Did he make sure the kid has the best education possible? Did he set up a scholarship that would let the kid go anywhere he wanted to for college?
    So change the name of the thread then. "Should Harley Keener come into the 616?" asks something very different than what you're referring to.

Plus you need to get more specific with what Harley could bring to the table.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 08-03-2020 at 09:49 AM.