View Poll Results: Who is your favorite?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Apache Chief (Tye Longshadow)

13 13.68%
  • Arak

4 4.21%
  • Aztek (Nayeli Constant)

3 3.16%
  • Black Condor (John Trujillo)

1 1.05%
  • Black Condor (Ryan Kendall)

2 2.11%
  • Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes)

25 26.32%
  • Dawnstar

18 18.95%
  • El Dorado (Eduardo Dorado Jr)

0 0%
  • Equinox (Miiyahbin Marten)

0 0%
  • Godspeed (August Heart)

2 2.11%
  • Green Lantern (Jessica Cruz)

21 22.11%
  • Owlwoman (Wenonah Littlebird)

0 0%
  • Rainmaker (Sarah Rainmaker)

3 3.16%
  • Ya’Wara

1 1.05%
  • Other

2 2.11%
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

There was Equinox.

Then there’s Super Chief

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    How many prominent Native American DC heroes are there? What about mestizo/Metis? (not sure if mestizo is an appropriate term). I've mostly read the main JL heroes but I want to check out and support more non-white heroes and I know Native American characters aren't always as visible as they should be.
    NATIVE AMERICANS
    1. Apache Chief (Tye Longshadow), of Apache descent. Not a lot of comics about him but Young Justice season 2 featured the best version of the character. (1977)
    2. Arak/Telos, of fictional Quantokan descent, was the first Native at DC to lead his own title. (1981)
    3. Aztek (Nayeli Constant), likely of Zapotec descent and member of the JLA (2017)
    4. Black Condor (Ryan Kendall), of Navajo descent, was a member of the Freedom Fighters, Primal Force and JLI (1992)
    5. Black Condor (John Trujillo), of Navajo and Mayan descent, a member of the Freedom Fighters (2006)
    6. Dawnstar, of Puebloan descent and member of the Legion of Superheroes (1977)
    7. El Dorado (Eduardo Dorado), of Aztec descent and member of Justicia. Like with Apache Chief, DC hasn’t done much with the character (1981)
    8. Equinox (Miiyahbin Marten), of Cree descent and member of Justice League United (2014)
    9. Mirage (Miriam Delgado), of Indigenous Brazilian descent and member of the Titans/Teen Titans (1991)
    10. Owlwoman (Wenonah Littlebird), of Cherokee descent and member of the Global Guardians and JLI (1986)
    11. Rainmaker (Sarah Rainmaker), of Apache descent and member of Gen13 (1994)
    12. Super-Chief (Flying Stag), of Iroquois descent and one of DC’s oldest Native American characters. (1961)
    13. Wonder Girl (Yara Flor) of Tupi descent and member of the JL (2021)
    14. Ya’Wara, of Tapirape descent and member of the Others (2012)

MESTIZOS
    1. Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes), of Mexican descent and member of the Teen Titans, JLI, Secret Six and Young Justice. DC’s most successful and known Latino superhero (2006)
    2. Bunker (Miguel Barragan), of Mexican descent and member of the Teen Titans (2011)
    3. El Diablo (Chato Satanna), of Mexican descent and member of the Suicide Squad and Checkmate (2008)
    4. El Diablo (Rafael Sandoval), of Mexican descent and member of the Justice League. DC’s first Latino to lead his own series (1989)
    5. Extrańo (Gregorio De La Vega), of Peruvian descent and DC’s first LGBT character (1988)
    6. Green Lantern (Jessica Cruz), of Mexican and Honduran descent and member of the JL and JLO. Has a graphic novel coming out tying her to the Aztecs (2014)
    7. Vibe (Cisco Ramon), is of Colombian and Puerto Rican descent. One of DC’s first Latino characters (1984)

These are some of the characters that come to mind and with the exception of a few (Jessica, Jaime, Yara, Dawnstar) most are rarely used and make sporadic appearances here and there. Many of them have a ton of potential if you ask me!

Also Mestizo isn’t an offensive word as it’s just the Spanish version of Métis, meaning a mix of European and Indigenous descent, which is what the majority of Latin Americans identify as.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Closest ones I can think of are Tye Longshadow on Young Justice season 2 and Aquaman's Inuit son Koryak who hasn't been seen since his death in the 2000s.
    What happened to Koryak?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    There was Equinox.

Then there’s Super Chief
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    NATIVE AMERICANS
    1. Apache Chief (Tye Longshadow), of Apache descent. Not a lot of comics about him but Young Justice season 2 featured the best version of the character. (1977)
    2. Arak/Telos, of fictional Quantokan descent, was the first Native at DC to lead his own title. (1981)
    3. Aztek (Nayeli Constant), likely of Zapotec descent and member of the JLA (2017)
    4. Black Condor (Ryan Kendall), of Navajo descent, was a member of the Freedom Fighters, Primal Force and JLI (1992)
    5. Black Condor (John Trujillo), of Navajo and Mayan descent, a member of the Freedom Fighters (2006)
    6. Dawnstar, of Puebloan descent and member of the Legion of Superheroes (1977)
    7. El Dorado (Eduardo Dorado), of Aztec descent and member of Justicia. Like with Apache Chief, DC hasn’t done much with the character (1981)
    8. Equinox (Miiyahbin Marten), of Cree descent and member of Justice League United (2014)
    9. Mirage (Miriam Delgado), of Indigenous Brazilian descent and member of the Titans/Teen Titans (1991)
    10. Owlwoman (Wenonah Littlebird), of Cherokee descent and member of the Global Guardians and JLI (1986)
    11. Rainmaker (Sarah Rainmaker), of Apache descent and member of Gen13 (1994)
    12. Super-Chief (Flying Stag), of Iroquois descent and one of DC’s oldest Native American characters. (1961)
    13. Wonder Girl (Yara Flor) of Tupi descent and member of the JL (2021)
    14. Ya’Wara, of Tapirape descent and member of the Others (2012)

MESTIZOS
    1. Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes), of Mexican descent and member of the Teen Titans, JLI, Secret Six and Young Justice. DC’s most successful and known Latino superhero (2006)
    2. Bunker (Miguel Barragan), of Mexican descent and member of the Teen Titans (2011)
    3. El Diablo (Chato Satanna), of Mexican descent and member of the Suicide Squad and Checkmate (2008)
    4. El Diablo (Rafael Sandoval), of Mexican descent and member of the Justice League. DC’s first Latino to lead his own series (1989)
    5. Extrańo (Gregorio De La Vega), of Peruvian descent and DC’s first LGBT character (1988)
    6. Green Lantern (Jessica Cruz), of Mexican and Honduran descent and member of the JL and JLO. Has a graphic novel coming out tying her to the Aztecs (2014)
    7. Vibe (Cisco Ramon), is of Colombian and Puerto Rican descent. One of DC’s first Latino characters (1984)

These are some of the characters that come to mind and with the exception of a few (Jessica, Jaime, Yara, Dawnstar) most are rarely used and make sporadic appearances here and there. Many of them have a ton of potential if you ask me!

Also Mestizo isn’t an offensive word as it’s just the Spanish version of Métis, meaning a mix of European and Indigenous descent, which is what the majority of Latin Americans identify as.
    Wow, this is extensive. I appreciate it. So none these guys are A-listers?

Good to know it's not offensive. I actually don't like to use the term Latino

What happened to Koryak?

Thanks.

Wow, this is extensive. I appreciate it. So none these guys are A-listers?

Good to know it's not offensive. I actually don't like to use the term Latino
    Depends on what your criteria for A-list is. I’d say Jaime and Jessica are on their way there and El Diablo is known thanks to the Suicide Squad. Likewise for Apache Chief and El Dorado thanks to Super Friends.

And yeah I get why. Latino doesn’t say much and is a strange term to lump a diverse group of people into one. I’ve stayed using racial terms to describe “Latinos” (Ie Native, Mestizo, Black, White)

Ultimate Member

Depends on what your criteria for A-list is. I’d say Jaime and Jessica are on their way there and El Diablo is known thanks to the Suicide Squad. Likewise for Apache Chief and El Dorado thanks to Super Friends.

And yeah I get why. Latino doesn’t say much and is a strange term to lump a diverse group of people into one. I’ve stayed using racial terms to describe “Latinos” (Ie Native, Mestizo, Black, White)
    I guess I define A-List as someone like Batman, Barry Allen or John Stewart. But it's not exact.

I respect if people chose to self-identify as Latino. i just feel when people use it, it's like you said, lumping diverse groups together. After all, not all Americans are the same race.

At least Jaime Reyes is getting a movie!

What happened to Koryak?
    Killed off in Eclipso's attack on Atlantis during Infinite Crisis.

Such is the way.

Extraordinary Member

Such is the way.
    I thought it was the Spectre?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I thought it was the Spectre?
    You're right it was the Specter though Eclipso was manipulating him. But yeah.

Ultimate Member

Such is the way.
    I need to catch up on all these characters. Does DC have a version of Marvel Unlimited?

I need to catch up on all these characters. Does DC have a version of Marvel Unlimited?
    They have DC Infinite

Ultimate Member

They have DC Infinite
    Ok. Does it work in the same way?

Ok. Does it work in the same way?
    I’m not sure as I don’t have Marvel Umlimited. However they have a huge library of comics on the app

Ultimate Member

I’m not sure as I don’t have Marvel Umlimited. However they have a huge library of comics on the app
    Cool. I need to check it out

Astonishing Member

Thought I'd ask this here, but does anyone know where the Asian/Pacific Islander/Asian Diaspora Appreciation Thread is?

Not sure if it got restarted with the 2021 Appreciation Thread purge or not.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Thought I'd ask this here, but does anyone know where the Asian/Pacific Islander/Asian Diaspora Appreciation Thread is?

Not sure if it got restarted with the 2021 Appreciation Thread purge or not.
    Idk if there is one