View Poll Results: Who is your favorite?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Apache Chief (Tye Longshadow)

13 13.68%
  • Arak

4 4.21%
  • Aztek (Nayeli Constant)

3 3.16%
  • Black Condor (John Trujillo)

1 1.05%
  • Black Condor (Ryan Kendall)

2 2.11%
  • Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes)

25 26.32%
  • Dawnstar

18 18.95%
  • El Dorado (Eduardo Dorado Jr)

0 0%
  • Equinox (Miiyahbin Marten)

0 0%
  • Godspeed (August Heart)

2 2.11%
  • Green Lantern (Jessica Cruz)

21 22.11%
  • Owlwoman (Wenonah Littlebird)

0 0%
  • Rainmaker (Sarah Rainmaker)

3 3.16%
  • Ya’Wara

1 1.05%
  • Other

2 2.11%
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I read the book and am somewhat confused by Black Condor's powers. He refers to himself as a "child of the winds" but also says he has powers beyond others' comprehension. Does he have other powers besides aerokinesis and flight?
    According to his bio, John was given the hereditary powers of the Black Condor by Tocotl, a Mayan Spider Goddess. So maybe there’s a lot more to his powers than we’ve been shown.

What do you guys think of this idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'd revive the Vuldarian concept, allowing at least more of them to have survived and working on increasing their numbers through cloning and genetic manipulation. I'd also bring back the character Veronna who was part of the tribe that guarded the Water of Warriors, but give her the Vuldarian powers. I also think this could make her an interesting contrast for Jaime Reyes - both are humans who have powers of alien origin, but Jaime's are technological while Veronna's are biological.
    Veronna is a member of a South American indigenous tribe who was part of Guy's supporting cast in the 90s.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    According to his bio, John was given the hereditary powers of the Black Condor by Tocotl, a Mayan Spider Goddess. So maybe there’s a lot more to his powers than we’ve been shown.
    Tocotl has associations with the spirit world, as well as traditional creatures associated with the night/underworld, owls, jaguars and spiders, so it his flight could be similar to the ability of a spirit to travel through the air, and other spirit-y powers, like walking through walls or assuming a ghostly form, could make sense. On the other hand, the animal associations could be tapped instead, and he could have the flight of the owl, some sort of venomous effect or binding ability like a spider, or the stealth and fighting ability of a jaguar. I think I like the spirit-world association more, since it feels more distinct, since DC already has a few much-better animal-ability characters like Animal Man and Vixen (who aren't limited to just some traits from three specific critters).

Other abilities suitable for the theme would be night vision, since the underworld is associated with the night with Tocotl, and perhaps some ability to sense 'how close someone is to the spirit world' (how healthy / whether or not they are in immediate danger). That would be a cool power for a heroic figure, to be able to tell when an ally or civilian is in mortal danger (and perhaps try to prevent it from becoming an *actual* death).

Nothing quite so amazing as super-strength or invulnerability or creating earthquakes or shooting fire blasts, just some on-theme stuff.

Today I learned Hawkman was reimagined as Native American in the 90s

In 1993, Hawkman was granted his own ongoing title off the heels of the Hawkworld series, which redefined the characterÂ’s alien origins on the planet Thanagar and its complex, problematic culture he would reckon with. Launched through a miniseries by Tim Truman, Hawkworld was continued by legendary writer John Ostrander.

In his six issues of Hawkman, Ostrander introduces us to an Anigiduwagi medicine woman Naomi Carter, known to her people as “The Faraway Woman.” In his final issue, Hawkman #6, we discover why. During this period of Hawkman’s history, there were a few active Hawkmen. One was the Thanagarian Katar Hol, who recently arrived on Earth in Hawkworld. Another, Carter Hall, was the reincarnated Prince Khufu and charter member of the Justice Society of America, who with his wife Shiera worked in their civilian lives as archaeologists. As a young woman, Naomi acted as a translator and guide to Shiera and Carter, helping them avoid sacred burial grounds and assisting them in returning misplaced or stolen artifacts to their rightful people.

Through the Halls, Naomi met a man named Perry Carter—in truth, a Thanagarian visitor to Earth named Paran Katar. The two fell in love and eloped to Thanagar, in defiance of Naomi’s parents and in deception of Paran’s, who claimed that Naomi herself was descended from Thanagarian colonists on a distant world.