View Poll Results: Who is your favorite?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Apache Chief (Tye Longshadow)

13 13.68%
  • Arak

4 4.21%
  • Aztek (Nayeli Constant)

3 3.16%
  • Black Condor (John Trujillo)

1 1.05%
  • Black Condor (Ryan Kendall)

2 2.11%
  • Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes)

25 26.32%
  • Dawnstar

18 18.95%
  • El Dorado (Eduardo Dorado Jr)

0 0%
  • Equinox (Miiyahbin Marten)

0 0%
  • Godspeed (August Heart)

2 2.11%
  • Green Lantern (Jessica Cruz)

21 22.11%
  • Owlwoman (Wenonah Littlebird)

0 0%
  • Rainmaker (Sarah Rainmaker)

3 3.16%
  • Ya’Wara

1 1.05%
  • Other

2 2.11%
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post

Does this picture answer your question? Bea is White. Looks no different from Ice or any of the characters in this picture, outside of Cyborg, the token Non-White.
    She's Brazilian, although possibly fair-skinned. My girlfriend is very pale but Mexican-American with both parents being Mexican immigrants. Bea likely has some Portuguese ancestry or something, but we've never dove deep into her ancestry so there's no way to be certain as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    She's Brazilian, although possibly fair-skinned. My girlfriend is very pale but Mexican-American with both parents being Mexican immigrants. Bea likely has some Portuguese ancestry or something, but we've never dove deep into her ancestry so there's no way to be certain as far as I know.
    I find that that’s always the case with Latino characters. They just tell us their nationalities or ethnicity but never their ancestry/race. I mean saying someone is Mexican or Brazilian can mean a variety of things. Mexico has a huge Native population and an even bigger multiracial one, plus White/Asian/Black populations as well, same with Brazil only they have a larger White population with an even bigger multiracial population and Black/Native/Asian populations. It’s complicated.

All we have to go off of in comics is skin tone/features. Jaime and Jessica are Brown and have clear Native inspired looks, it’s a lot harder to tell with Bea and Kendra (also brought up). Bea is usually White in the comics but was played by a Black actress (JLA pilot) and Brown actress (Poweless) respectively. I don’t think even DC knows anymore lol But I guess those characters were meant to be non White, whether that’s Black, Native or Multiracial is anyone’s guess

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    I find that that’s always the case with Latino characters. They just tell us their nationalities or ethnicity but never their ancestry/race. I mean saying someone is Mexican or Brazilian can mean a variety of things. Mexico has a huge Native population and an even bigger multiracial one, plus White/Asian/Black populations as well, same with Brazil only they have a larger White population with an even bigger multiracial population and Black/Native/Asian populations. It’s complicated.

All we have to go off of in comics is skin tone/features. Jaime and Jessica are Brown and have clear Native inspired looks, it’s a lot harder to tell with Bea and Kendra (also brought up). Bea is usually White in the comics but was played by a Black actress (JLA pilot) and Brown actress (Poweless) respectively. I don’t think even DC knows anymore lol But I guess those characters were meant to be non White, whether that’s Black, Native or Multiracial is anyone’s guess
    I brought up by girlfriend because both her parents are Mexican natives but she's pale. I'm roughly the same skin tone as her and my ethnicity gets labeled under white. It happens. I assume Bea is of lighter complexion. They probably should color her a bit darker, but it's not like this doesn't actually occur in real life. She could have part white heritage. Who knows? But I think it's incorrect to just assume she's white because of a lighter skin tone.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I brought up by girlfriend because both her parents are Mexican natives but she's pale. I'm roughly the same skin tone as her and my ethnicity gets labeled under white. It happens. I assume Bea is of lighter complexion. They probably should color her a bit darker, but it's not like this doesn't actually occur in real life. She could have part white heritage. Who knows? But I think it's incorrect to just assume she's white because of a lighter skin tone.
    That’s true. I just didn’t include her because it isn’t as obvious with Bea as it is with the other characters on the poll. She’s apparently from Rio De Janeiro and according to their demographics, that’s a mostly White area though there is a sizable Pardo (Euro/Native/Black mixed ancestry) and Black population.

Extraordinary Member

All we have to go off of in comics is skin tone/features. Jaime and Jessica are Brown and have clear Native inspired looks, it’s a lot harder to tell with Bea and Kendra (also brought up).
    I know jessica is brown(meaning have a intermediate race look) but jaime i thought is suppose have more clear native american(mongoloid race look like the average native american).
    I have not kept up with how jamie is drawn in comics most of times but many others think he is suppose be like the average native american racially and latino and not a brown latino.
    The reason why i said that because most native americans are not racially brown or do not look brown.
    Last edited by mace11; 10-05-2020 at 02:42 AM.

I wonder what race Yara Flor will be? I’m hoping she is Native American like Ya’wara since both are from the same region I believe. I think that would be cool

BANNED

DC wants you to know that Yara Flor has native heritage, and I love it.

That cover is beautiful!!! I hope Yara sticks around! She seems to have garnered the most positive reaction so far! Would love a book for her and Nubia!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post

DC wants you to know that Yara Flor has native heritage, and I love it.
    It's kinda hard to pin point her race type however.
    The were those in youtube saying she is black,but i did not say anything to until more art came out.
    Some of the art has looking black looking and others brown or maybe brown.

Above she does not look like Asiatic native american,she looks brown bordering on black i think.
    All the art i seen so far looks like she could be brown or black.
    What will her final race form be? stay tune.
    Looking at the art above it looks like it she is racially brown but maybe with a near black look.
    Last edited by mace11; 10-17-2020 at 11:30 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    It's kinda hard to pin point her race type however.
    The were those in youtube saying she is black,but i did not say anything to until more art came out.
    Some of the art has looking black looking and others brown or maybe brown.

Above she does not look like Asiatic native american,she looks brown bordering on black i think.
    All the art i seen so far looks like she could be brown or black.
    What will her final race form be? stay tune.
    Looking at the art above it looks like it she is racially brown but maybe with a near black look.
    She looks like she's supposed to have predominantly Native Brazilian heritage, with a round face, pronounced cheekbones, hazel eyes, and full figure. "Yara" is the name of a Brazilian goddess, which further indicates Native South American roots. In the image above, she contrasts noticeably with Connor, who has more Anglo/Scandinavian/Germanic features.

Extraordinary Member

She looks like she's supposed to have predominantly Native Brazilian heritage, with a round face, pronounced cheekbones, hazel eyes, and full figure. "Yara" is the name of a Brazilian goddess, which further indicates Native South American roots. In the image above, she contrasts noticeably with Connor, who has more Anglo/Scandinavian/Germanic features.

This art for new wonder woman she look either black or brown with a near black look.
    Hard to maybe pinpoint for the moment maybe but i think more closer to black.
    The new one with superman above she look brown but with a near black look and she does not look like the average Brazilian native american either.

Most native Americans do not look brown,they look Asiatic.
    Most or all the of the ones i have seen from Brazil today look Asiatic but darker on average then north american native americans.
    Phenotype wise most native americans look Asiatic,not mestizo/mulatto brown race types or black or white.

There are some brown and black looking ones.
    Some are even white.
    The point is native Americans come in all races but most do not look brown or black or white and most do not look like this new wonder woman.

Like i said the early art of Brazilian wonder woman has her looking black and some others black or brown.
    This new art she look brown and not like the average native american even from brazil.

She does not look racially like these Brazilian native americans.

BRAZILIAN INDIANS

Brazilian Guarani tribe

They look Asiatic,she does not.

New woman woman looks racially brown (mestizo or mulatto) or black depending on the art.

Anyway it is not clear if she is latino or native american yet.
    Last edited by mace11; 10-18-2020 at 05:59 AM.

BANNED

She looks like the women in your last photo.

Extraordinary Member

Anyway this wonder woman is confusing alot folks because we keep talking about what race she is suppose be and dc is not making it clear because of inconsistent art that keeps popping up.
    They need to make it clear once and for all and what she is ethnically she is suppose to be.
    Latino or native american? OR BOTH.

There has been a latino wonder woman before by the way.

Maria Mendoza (Just Imagine)
    Wonder Woman

Universe
    Just Imagine · Earth 6

Creators
    Stan Lee · Jim Lee

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Maria_Mendoza_(Just_Imagine)
    Last edited by mace11; 10-18-2020 at 01:02 AM.

Extraordinary Member

She looks like the women in your last photo.
    I disagree.
    They look clearly Asiatic and they look racially like the ones in first photo.
    Heck her skin tone is closer to some of the ones in first photo by the way.
    Last edited by mace11; 10-18-2020 at 06:01 AM.

BANNED

Flor is a Spanish surname, so she's Latin with a predominantly Native South American phenotype indigenous to Brazil.

Also, "LatinX" is not a race like Native American, Aborigine, White, Black, Asian, etc. It just indicates a connection to Latin America, countries conquered by Europeans with languages derived from Latin. LatinX people speak Spanish, Portuguese, and French. You can be White, Black, Asian, etc. AND simultaneously be a Latino or Latina.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 10-18-2020 at 01:06 AM.