View Poll Results: Who is your favorite?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Apache Chief (Tye Longshadow)

13 13.68%
  • Arak

4 4.21%
  • Aztek (Nayeli Constant)

3 3.16%
  • Black Condor (John Trujillo)

1 1.05%
  • Black Condor (Ryan Kendall)

2 2.11%
  • Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes)

25 26.32%
  • Dawnstar

18 18.95%
  • El Dorado (Eduardo Dorado Jr)

0 0%
  • Equinox (Miiyahbin Marten)

0 0%
  • Godspeed (August Heart)

2 2.11%
  • Green Lantern (Jessica Cruz)

21 22.11%
  • Owlwoman (Wenonah Littlebird)

0 0%
  • Rainmaker (Sarah Rainmaker)

3 3.16%
  • Ya’Wara

1 1.05%
  • Other

2 2.11%
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Her phenotype does not look like average indigenous Brazilian.
    That's my point.
    Racially she does not look anyone in those photos i posted.
    Racially this Brazilian wonder woman looks black or brown,depending on the art that came out so far.
    She could be both native american and latino by the way but that is still not clear until we know more about her background in the upcoming comics.
    Native americans come in all races too like latinos but most native americans look Asiatic.
    Last edited by mace11; 10-18-2020 at 05:33 AM.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    This art for new wonder woman she look either black or brown with a near black look.
    Hard to maybe pinpoint for the moment maybe but i think more closer to black.
    The new one with superman above she look brown but with a near black look and she does not look like the average Brazilian native american either.

Most native Americans do not look brown,they look Asiatic.
    Most or all the of the ones i have seen from Brazil today look Asiatic but darker on average then north american native americans.
    Phenotype wise most native americans look Asiatic,not mestizo/mulatto brown race types or black or white.

There are some brown and black looking ones.
    Some are even white.
    The point is native Americans come in all races but most do not look brown or black or white and most do not look like this new wonder woman.

Like i said the early art of Brazilian wonder woman has her looking black and some others black or brown.
    This new art she look brown and not like the average native american even from brazil.

She does not look racially like these Brazilian native americans.

They look Asiatic,she does not.

New woman woman looks racially brown (mestizo or mulatto) or black depending on the art.

Anyway it is not clear if she is latino or native american yet.
    Yara looks like them

I think the fact she's from the Amazon should've made it obvious they want her to be native. Btw they're not Asian, why use "Asiatic"?
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Her phenotype does not look like average indigenous Brazilian.
    That's my point.
    Racially she does not look anyone in those photos i posted.
    Racially this Brazilian wonder woman looks black or brown,depending on the art that came out so far.
    She could be both native american and latino by the way but that is still not clear until we know more about her background in the upcoming comics.
    Native americans come in all races too like latinos but most native americans look Asiatic.
    Native Americans are brown. If it's about "phenotype" why say she's black, what Black woman has naturally straight hair? Indigenous people, on the other hand, can have straight hair, tan skin, and brown eyes. Everything Yara has.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Yara looks like them

I think the fact she's from the Amazon should've made it obvious they want her to be native. Btw they're not Asian, why use "Asiatic"?
    The skin tone is almost the same in some of art but not all but the features are different.
    So no she does not look like them.

BANNED

I just think you're trolling at this point

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    I just think you're trolling at this point

they really are

Extraordinary Member

Most native americans look asian in features and come in varied skin tone like asians and they have a asian origin.
    The lady in the pic has asian looking features and her skin tone is similar to some southeast asians.
    She belong to a Mongoloid race but the more correct word today is Asiatic.
    Some blacks do have naturally straight hair,just look at some of the african albinos.
    Blacks come in varied skin tones.

Do these native americans look racially brown to you?

They don't to me.

The term brown being use is racially/phenotype(intermediate type look) not skin tone and whites could get tans too.
    Last edited by mace11; 10-18-2020 at 10:57 AM.

DC really needs to start specifying these things! It’s not enough to say someone is Latino because so many races exist in Latin America. Sometimes it’s obvious what race they are (Jaime, Jessica being Native/Mestizo) but other times it’s not (Fire, Renee Montoya). I think Flor is supposed to be Native American and she definitely looks like it! Like I said, I hope she sticks around because she looks really cool... maybe giver her a solo book as well, or a team up book with Nubia. For me:

Native Latinos: Jaime Reyes, Jessica Cruz, Yara Flor, John Trujillo, Nayeli Constant, Chato Santana, Rafael Sandoval, Lorena Marquez, Miguel Barragan, Alba Garcia, Catalina Flores, Eduardo Dorado, Derek James

Afro Latino: Renee Monyoya, Bane (?), Fuerza, Cisco Ramon (?)

White Latino: Kyle Rayner, Beatriz Da Costa, Yolanda Montez (?), Mas y Menos
    Last edited by Samm; 10-18-2020 at 09:50 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I am not trolling,just being truthful.

Anyway if the artist was going for a certain race type shown in the pic above they did a poor job of it since there are folks calling her black or brown on the internet depending on comic pics shown so far.

Jessica for example is a brown mestizo while jamie is either brown or a Asiatic looking native american depending on the art but most times from what i seen so far he has Asiatic native american features.
    Last edited by mace11; 10-18-2020 at 09:52 AM.

Extraordinary Member

This was posted in the marvel native american thread a few years ago that i can't find now but i kept the link below because i had a funny feeling something like this could come up again.
    Mongoloid

Mongoloid /ˈmɒŋ.ɡə.lɔɪd/ is the general physical type of some or all
    of the populations of East Asia, Central Asia, Southeast Asia, Eastern
    Russia, the Arctic, the Americas, parts of the Pacific Islands, and
    some northeastern parts of South Asia. Individuals within these
    populations often share certain associated phenotypic traits, such as
    epicanthic folds (epicanthus), sinodonty and neoteny. In terms of
    population, it is the most widely distributed physical type,
    constituting over a third of the human species.

Are Native American Indians fundamentally Asians?
    http://genetics.thetech.org/ask/ask41

Now for the question again from above.
    Are Native American Indians and some latinos/Hispanics fundamentally Asians?
    Yes.
    Last edited by mace11; 10-18-2020 at 10:53 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Earth 2 Yolanda is a white latino.
    Prime earth,new earth and live action Yolanda from stargirl is a brown latino.

Beatriz?
    Hard to say.
    She could go either way i think but she maybe could be a white latino but in live action so far she been played by brown and black actresses.

Mas y Menos?I need to see more pics.
    I don't see any clear ones with their feature so far that was canon unless i read some comics they were in but i am guessing they are either Asiatic or brown looking.
    Note- they are not canon anymore since they are not in prime earth.
    Fuerza/black

Renee in comics is brown and most other media.
    In birds of prey she a black latina so she has been race bend.

Cisco is brown.
    Bane is brown or white,hard to say.

New wonder woman looks black or brown.
    So if she is native american or latino she would be a black or brown one so far but the art could change again down the road and she could be drawn to look Asiatic or look like those native americans i posted above from Brazil.
    Time will tell.
    Last edited by mace11; 10-18-2020 at 11:03 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Anyway take a look this video.
    This guy is leaving dc comics because of the legacy thing,new wonder woman,new batman etc..
    DC COMICS Hit the SELF DESTRUCT BUTTON (and bring back 5G)!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92vIRf98Uks&t=220s

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    DC really needs to start specifying these things! It’s not enough to say someone is Latino because so many races exist in Latin America. Sometimes it’s obvious what race they are (Jaime, Jessica being Native/Mestizo) but other times it’s not (Fire, Renee Montoya). I think Flor is supposed to be Native American and she definitely looks like it! Like I said, I hope she sticks around because she looks really cool... maybe giver her a solo book as well, or a team up book with Nubia. For me:

Native Latinos: Jaime Reyes, Jessica Cruz, Yara Flor, John Trujillo, Nayeli Constant, Chato Santana, Rafael Sandoval, Lorena Marquez, Miguel Barragan, Alba Garcia, Catalina Flores, Eduardo Dorado, Derek James

They shouldn't have to specify when it's so obvious. People just want to obtuse, DC said Yara grew up is from an Amazonian tribe in the Amazons, it's clear she's indigenous.

I am not trolling,just being truthful.

Anyway if the artist was going for a certain race type shown in the pic above they did a poor job of it since there are folks calling her black or brown on the internet depending on comic pics shown so far.

Jessica for example is a brown mestizo while jamie is either brown or a Asiatic looking native american depending on the art but most times from what i seen so far he has Asiatic native american features.

When you start saying things like "she doesn't have their phenotype" then go off and call her black when she doesn't even have black features, I sense trolling. And stop using outdated anthropology categories like "Mongoloid". If you have to use old race science to prove something it's not worth it.

Yara has brown skin, dark straight hair and almond eyes. Sounds indigenous to me.

They shouldn't have to specify when it's so obvious. People just want to obtuse, DC said Yara grew up is from an Amazonian tribe in the Amazons, it's clear she's indigenous.
    Right! I knew right away Yara was Indigenous, from the name to the features. Same with Jaime and Jessica. It’s just there are other characters where it’s more difficult to tell like Fire, Vibe, and Sideways. Then again most people equate Latino to a race regardless of ones actual race (seen that happen with Sunspot and Cecilia Reyes over again Marvel).