View Poll Results: Who is your favorite?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Apache Chief (Tye Longshadow)

13 13.68%
  • Arak

4 4.21%
  • Aztek (Nayeli Constant)

3 3.16%
  • Black Condor (John Trujillo)

1 1.05%
  • Black Condor (Ryan Kendall)

2 2.11%
  • Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes)

25 26.32%
  • Dawnstar

18 18.95%
  • El Dorado (Eduardo Dorado Jr)

0 0%
  • Equinox (Miiyahbin Marten)

0 0%
  • Godspeed (August Heart)

2 2.11%
  • Green Lantern (Jessica Cruz)

21 22.11%
  • Owlwoman (Wenonah Littlebird)

0 0%
  • Rainmaker (Sarah Rainmaker)

3 3.16%
  • Ya’Wara

1 1.05%
  • Other

2 2.11%
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

I understand Ed Dorado from Young Justice to be Argentinian. Would you say he qualifies as Mestizo? What tribe is he likely to originate from if so?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I understand Ed Dorado from Young Justice to be Argentinian. Would you say he qualifies as Mestizo? What tribe is he likely to originate from if so?
    Depends on what part of Argentina he is from, though 38M of the 45M Argentinians identified as White or are European descended (84.4%). Mestizos/Indigenous are 12.8% of the population... The rest of the population is Black/Asian/Other.

Eduardo could very well just be Spanish/Italian Argentinian but knowing Greg/DC and their push for diversity he very well could be Mestizo.

Which, if any, of DC's "mystical Native American" types are worth keeping around?

BANNED

Where was it established that Godspeed is Native American?

EDIT: Nvm, saw it on Twitter that he's Latino.

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Depends on what part of Argentina he is from, though 38M of the 45M Argentinians identified as White or are European descended (84.4%). Mestizos/Indigenous are 12.8% of the population... The rest of the population is Black/Asian/Other.

Eduardo could very well just be Spanish/Italian Argentinian but knowing Greg/DC and their push for diversity he very well could be Mestizo.
    One of my best friends is Argentine. I’ve found out two things about them. (1.) You will always be reminded that Argentina is the best country and (2.) they most certainly identify as European and not Latino.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    One of my best friends is Argentine. I’ve found out two things about them. (1.) You will always be reminded that Argentina is the best country and (2.) they most certainly identify as European and not Latino.
    That is very true lol. But back on the topic of Eduardo, they should have just kept him Mexican like he was originally intended to be and played into his Aztec roots. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Edited above.

Does he identify partly as latino?
    Culturally and ethnically i mean.
    I’m not sure. Honestly Latinos/Hispanics are a complicated bunch.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Some of them have dual citizenships
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

That is very true lol. But back on the topic of Eduardo, they should have just kept him Mexican like he was originally intended to be and played into his Aztec roots. Oh well.
    I think Weisman wanted to have a latino character that also wasn't Mexican since Jaime is Mexican-American as well.

In my head canon, Ed has a mestizo father and a Toba mother.

I think Weisman wanted to have a latino character that also wasn't Mexican since Jaime is Mexican-American as well.

In my head canon, Ed has a mestizo father and a Toba mother.
    I would have made him Peruvian then and tied him to the Incas. That would have been interesting

I would have made him Peruvian then and tied him to the Incas. That would have been interesting
    Are there any other Latino countries and indigenous groups you'd like to see represented in DC? I do think Ed being from Peru could work. I'd also like to see someone from Chile or Colombia.

i would love to see Tezumak from JLA: The Obsidian Age used again in some way. He was an Aztec (or possibly from a civilization pre-Aztec) who was a master of science and technology. Basically the Batman of the team. But being an Aztec, his armor was fueled by the blood of his opponents and human sacrifices.

Are too many of DC's indigenous characters in the "magical Native American" category?

Are too many of DC's indigenous characters in the "magical Native American" category?
    Sadly that’s pretty much the case in all of pop culture.

https://the-colonel-of-all.tumblr.co...the-heroes-are

DC Comics Idea: an Earth where the heroes are all from Native American tribes.

Think about that one Multiversity Earth where all the white heroes are black (with Batman as the token white guy), the mainstream black counterparts take the place of their white counterparts (like John Stewart) and underrated black heroes are now A-listers (like Vixen and Black Lightning).

So guys like Superman, Wonder Woman and the like are Native Americans, and forgotten Native American heroes like Owlwoman and Manitou Raven are mainstream