View Poll Results: Who is your favorite?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Apache Chief (Tye Longshadow)

13 13.68%
  • Arak

4 4.21%
  • Aztek (Nayeli Constant)

3 3.16%
  • Black Condor (John Trujillo)

1 1.05%
  • Black Condor (Ryan Kendall)

2 2.11%
  • Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes)

25 26.32%
  • Dawnstar

18 18.95%
  • El Dorado (Eduardo Dorado Jr)

0 0%
  • Equinox (Miiyahbin Marten)

0 0%
  • Godspeed (August Heart)

2 2.11%
  • Green Lantern (Jessica Cruz)

21 22.11%
  • Owlwoman (Wenonah Littlebird)

0 0%
  • Rainmaker (Sarah Rainmaker)

3 3.16%
  • Ya’Wara

1 1.05%
  • Other

2 2.11%
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122 LastLast

I updated the first page image... added Yara and El Diablo Think it looks pretty cool

Blue Beetle was featured in one of the stories in the Festival of Heroes one shot. The story starred Katana, BB, and Cyborg. With their mainstream appearances those are probably DC’s most well known Asian, black, and Latino superheroes. Was cool to see them together.

Cyborg acting as a mentor to Jaime would make sense. They have similar powers and both are connected to other worldly tech.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Blue Beetle was featured in one of the stories in the Festival of Heroes one shot. The story starred Katana, BB, and Cyborg. With their mainstream appearances those are probably DC’s most well known Asian, black, and Latino superheroes. Was cool to see them together.

Cyborg acting as a mentor to Jaime would make sense. They have similar powers and both are connected to other worldly tech.
    That’s an interesting dynamic I’d never thought I’d see. What was the story about to bring together such a unique team?

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    That’s an interesting dynamic I’d never thought I’d see. What was the story about to bring together such a unique team?
    The 3 heroes were at an Asian Heritage Festival and defended it against a group of racists pricks. I liked the message of unity in the story but the dialogue was horrible and kinda ruined it.

I’m hoping we get Moreno actors for Jessica and Jaime! Like the above actors skin tone would be perfect! Xolo Maridueńa, Niko Guardado, or Michael Garza would be ideal! The above pic is from the poder prieto hashtag trying to bring attention to Latin American actors of color, who routinely get passed over for roles in favor of their lighter counterparts

Ultimate Member

Are they passed over for roles in their home country, or in Hollywood?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Are they passed over for roles in their home country, or in Hollywood?
    Home country. Latin America has a colorism problem, hence the hashtag.

Which color do you associate with Tye Longhshadow, yellow or orange?

Happy Indigenous People’s Day! Wish DC gave their Indigenous characters more spotlight though!!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Which color do you associate with Tye Longhshadow, yellow or orange?
    I want to say his costume was brown/tan?
    Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    Dawnstar by far...but has Apache Chief ever been featured in an actual DC comic, or is he strictly a Hannah Barbara cartoon hero?
    I think Super Chief(who has been in a comic from the last 20 years) is the closest we've seen there. I don't think he becomes huge though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Yeah, its kinda a go-to considering how a mystic, magical angle just fits. But I can appreciate the desire to try for something a little more unique in regards to his power set.
    Well, it's this popular look at it of "what publicly known aspects of Native American cultures sound cool?" Which is mostly.... mystical stuff. Is that really the only thing? no, but it's most relevant in a super-hero context.

Anyone seen Maya and the Three on Netflix? It’s pretty great! I love seeing Latino/Mestizo representation. Finally!

It got me thinking about the character Aztek. I really wish DC would bring this character back. Morrison and Millar created a very interesting backstory and I would love to see it explored further. I know he kind of served his purpose but there’s always more story potential.

The last time we saw Aztek there was a new person under the helmet. Her name was Nayeli Constant. Not sure what happened to her.

The last time we saw Aztek there was a new person under the helmet. Her name was Nayeli Constant. Not sure what happened to her.
    the wiki says she got into a minor scuffle with Ray, then... I dunno, joined the Justice League?

hmmm Makes me want to see El Dorado more. For a bit I was thinking "Wasn't Aztek in that old Superfriends show?"... but no... that was El Dorado.

Anyone seen Maya and the Three on Netflix? It’s pretty great! I love seeing Latino/Mestizo representation. Finally!

It got me thinking about the character Aztek. I really wish DC would bring this character back. Morrison and Millar created a very interesting backstory and I would love to see it explored further. I know he kind of served his purpose but there’s always more story potential.

I have to check that out! Looks so cool! Honestly I’d love for DC to explore the Mayan mythology with Blue Beetle of the Aztecs with Jessica Cruz. Give them rogues that can relate to those cultures. It’ll make them even more unique! Would love to see El Dorado and Aztek brought back as well, so much potential there!

Is Nayeli of Zapotec origin? A google search on her name states that her name is Zapotec.