View Poll Results: Who is your favorite?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Apache Chief (Tye Longshadow)

13 13.68%
  • Arak

4 4.21%
  • Aztek (Nayeli Constant)

3 3.16%
  • Black Condor (John Trujillo)

1 1.05%
  • Black Condor (Ryan Kendall)

2 2.11%
  • Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes)

25 26.32%
  • Dawnstar

18 18.95%
  • El Dorado (Eduardo Dorado Jr)

0 0%
  • Equinox (Miiyahbin Marten)

0 0%
  • Godspeed (August Heart)

2 2.11%
  • Green Lantern (Jessica Cruz)

21 22.11%
  • Owlwoman (Wenonah Littlebird)

0 0%
  • Rainmaker (Sarah Rainmaker)

3 3.16%
  • Ya’Wara

1 1.05%
  • Other

2 2.11%
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

First appearance: Justice League United #0

Created by: Jeff Lemire and Mike McCone

Equinox is a cool looking character with tons of potential. Too bad she’s in limbo right now, could have given her the Ms Marvel push imo.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

So I have an idea for Tye Longshadow and Silver Deer's powers. I wanted to rework them as "creators": they are a class of metahuman whose power is creating things, either copies of objects or a unique creation of their own, whose properties they can shape. Tye's is obviously based on his YJ incarnation but can be separated from himself and used to attack at long range (think of the stands from Jojo's Bizzare Adventure). With Silver Deer, I came up with the idea of her creating a, well, silver deer to command but I'm drawing a blank what it's abilities should be.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    So I have an idea for Tye Longshadow and Silver Deer's powers. I wanted to rework them as "creators": they are a class of metahuman whose power is creating things, either copies of objects or a unique creation of their own, whose properties they can shape. Tye's is obviously based on his YJ incarnation but can be separated from himself and used to attack at long range (think of the stands from Jojo's Bizzare Adventure). With Silver Deer, I came up with the idea of her creating a, well, silver deer to command but I'm drawing a blank what it's abilities should be.
    Perhaps some combination of;

1) it's incorporeal, but has excellent senses, and can be sent to track anyone or anything.
    2) it's selectively corporeal, and can be ridden, and is able to run across the sky, over the waves, or even through solid matter, taking it's rider with it (and protecting them from hostile environments, but not from actual attacks, which may cause it to fade away (although it is also good at dodging!)). It can also be made large enough to seat two.
    3) it's selectively corporeal and can head-butt things with great strength, far out of proportion with what a deer should be able to generate (enough to flip a car!).

And ah yes, the traditional Native American superhero name of [Color] [Animal]. Red Wolf. Black Crow. Silver Deer. Black Condor. Chartreuse Wombat.

I only made one of those up.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 08-19-2020 at 09:52 AM.

In Ask Greg, Greg Weisman revealed the Atom mentored Tye after YJ season 2 so I'd bring that over to the comics in a potential Tye solo comic.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 08-19-2020 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Perhaps some combination of;

1) it's incorporeal, but has excellent senses, and can be sent to track anyone or anything.
    2) it's selectively corporeal, and can be ridden, and is able to run across the sky, over the waves, or even through solid matter, taking it's rider with it (and protecting them from hostile environments, but not from actual attacks, which may cause it to fade away (although it is also good at dodging!)). It can also be made large enough to seat two.
    3) it's selectively corporeal and can head-butt things with great strength, far out of proportion with what a deer should be able to generate (enough to flip a car!).

And ah yes, the traditional Native American superhero name of [Color] [Animal]. Red Wolf. Black Crow. Silver Deer. Black Condor. Chartreuse Wombat.

I only made one of those up.
    Thank you for the suggestions.

Instead of making the YJ superfriends teenagers, I’d make them grown adults that are Black Lightning’s age. We don’t need anymore young Native/Asian characters, we need more adult males. So Tye, Toshito (Asami to if you want to include her) and Eduardo should all be adult characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Instead of making the YJ superfriends teenagers, I’d make them grown adults that are Black Lightning’s age. We don’t need anymore young Native/Asian characters, we need more adult males. So Tye, Toshito (Asami to if you want to include her) and Eduardo should all be adult characters.
    Looking at the list of DC Native American and Asian characters, I think a much larger portion of them are adults. Besides, I don't think there should be a quota on how many young characters of color DC has. Especially when there are so few of them compared to their white counterparts to begin with.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Jaime gets my vote.
    One of the better characters introduced in the last 15 years.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Jaime gets my vote.
    One of the better characters introduced in the last 15 years.
    Indeed I agree. Love Jaime, but I also love Dawnstar, Sarah and Tye. John and Jessica are awesome as well!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Equinox is a cool looking character with tons of potential. Too bad she’s in limbo right now, could have given her the Ms Marvel push imo.
    It's a shame we never really got to find out what her powers were, other than 'something to do with the seasons' and can fly.

My theory was flight, and one other, based on season;
    Spring - green energy that can animate plants or heal/strengthen others
    Summer - red-orange heat/fire effects
    Autumn - yellow decay/corrosion/withering effect
    Winter - blue-white cold/ice effects

It's a shame we never really got to find out what her powers were, other than 'something to do with the seasons' and can fly.

My theory was flight, and one other, based on season;
    Spring - green energy that can animate plants or heal/strengthen others
    Summer - red-orange heat/fire effects
    Autumn - yellow decay/corrosion/withering effect
    Winter - blue-white cold/ice effects
    That’s a great concept actually! I’d say autumn, maybe absorbing powers/life force to go with your withering concept.

Crazy how fans have better ideas than the ones who are actually in charge

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    That’s a great concept actually! I’d say autumn, maybe absorbing powers/life force to go with your withering concept.

Crazy how fans have better ideas than the ones who are actually in charge
    Well, better than the nothing we got, so that's not a high bar to clear. It's entirely possible the actual idea that we never saw was amaze-balls!

Well, better than the nothing we got, so that's not a high bar to clear. It's entirely possible the actual idea that we never saw was amaze-balls!
    And now Equinox is in limbo, like much of DC’s Native characters, and they have a lot of cool!

Is Bea Da Costa mestizo? I frequently see her listed under DC's women of color characters.