View Poll Results: Who is your favorite?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Apache Chief (Tye Longshadow)

13 13.68%
  • Arak

4 4.21%
  • Aztek (Nayeli Constant)

3 3.16%
  • Black Condor (John Trujillo)

1 1.05%
  • Black Condor (Ryan Kendall)

2 2.11%
  • Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes)

25 26.32%
  • Dawnstar

18 18.95%
  • El Dorado (Eduardo Dorado Jr)

0 0%
  • Equinox (Miiyahbin Marten)

0 0%
  • Godspeed (August Heart)

2 2.11%
  • Green Lantern (Jessica Cruz)

21 22.11%
  • Owlwoman (Wenonah Littlebird)

0 0%
  • Rainmaker (Sarah Rainmaker)

3 3.16%
  • Ya’Wara

1 1.05%
  • Other

2 2.11%
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I do worry about what will happen after this realignment of the company. They’re going to be putting out a lot few books each month and may only be focusing on their tentpole characters. DC already has a terrible track record with their Hispanic and Native American characters. I always complain about this but Jessica has kind of become their token brown person. there may not be any room for even her in the regular monthlies when the dust settles. I think she’ll always have a place in the DC Girls line, but I’m not so sure about everything else.

Seriously can’t believe they don’t use Blue Beetle more. If he was a Marvel character he’d at least have a spot next to Kamala Khan and Miles.
    DC has Jaime Reyes, Virgil Hawkins and Cassandra Cain... it’s a shame Marvel has been able to do more with Miles and Kamala these past 10 years than DC has done with those three (at least in the comics) the last 20! What a shame!

BANNED

Dawnstar. It's the wings.

(I thought Kendra Saunders/Hawkgirl was mixed-race, but she isn't on the poll for some reason.)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ComixMaven View Post

(I thought Kendra Saunders/Hawkgirl was mixed-race, but she isn't on the poll for some reason.)
    Weird. But Hawkgirl is on the Latinos of DCU poll

I would like a latino Superman member. Maybe a kryptonian latino?

Quote Originally Posted by ComixMaven View Post

She is multiracial, however she’s apparently a mixture of European and African. She’s an Afro-Latina (think Zoe Saldana, Naya Rivera), so she doesn’t qualify for this list. She should’ve been included in the Africana thread, but I understand why she wasn’t (DC isn’t consistent with her look/heritage)

Edit: At least that’s what she was in the New 52. Who knows anymore...
    Last edited by Samm; 09-02-2020 at 07:59 PM.

It’s time for a vote round-up and breakdown!

• BLUE BEETLE and GREEN LANTERN are tied for first place with 23.26% of the vote respectively!
    • DAWNSTAR is next up with 20.93% of the vote!
    • In forth place we have APACHE CHIEF aka Tye Longshadow, with 16.28% of the vote!
    • Tied for fifth place we have AZTEK (Nayeli Constant) and SARAH RAINMAKER with 4.65% of the vote respectively!
    • In seventh place we have a three way tie between ARAK, Y’WARA and the OTHER option with 2.33% of the vote each!
    • Both BLACK CONDOR’s, EL DORADO, EQUINOX, GODSPEED, and OWLWOMAN currently have no votes and are at 0%

For anyone familiar with Lakota myths, is the story John Butcher tells about the Thunderbird stealing the Sun God's weapons based in any myths from the Lakota people?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Is Bea Da Costa mestizo? I frequently see her listed under DC's women of color characters.

Does this picture answer your question? Bea is White. Looks no different from Ice or any of the characters in this picture, outside of Cyborg, the token Non-White.

Extraordinary Member

Some folks were complaining cyborg was a token on the justice league team in new52(i disagree with that view of course).
    In the picture above he is with the titans and that's pre-flashpoint.
    With the titans folks are saying he was not a token.
    That's why they want him back with titans.
    That's whole point with those that are saying he belongs with titans.
    Of course in own book he is not token either.

Is Bea Da Costa mestizo? I frequently see her listed under DC's women of color characters.
    Well in the latino thread others are saying she is brown and not white.

I always complain about this but Jessica has kind of become their token brown person.
    She is not a token if has strong development and is a main character or one of the main characters.
    From what i hear her development is strong plus there have other brown folks shown when she has been around.
    In her own book simon is there and i heard they both had strong development.
    In justice league odyssey(a book i have not kept with) i think she is the main character now from what some others have said.
    Last edited by mace11; 09-11-2020 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Some folks were complaining cyborg was a token on the justice league team in new52(i disagree with that view of course).
    In the picture above he is with the titans and that's pre-flashpoint.
    With the titans folks are saying he was not a token.
    That's why they want him back with titans.
    That's whole point with those that are saying he belongs with titans.
    Of course in own book he is not token either.

Well in the latino thread others are saying she is brown and not white.
    Doesn’t look like much has changed though. Still the token non White... Not a single Native character to be seen

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Doesn’t look like much has changed though. Still the token non White... Not a single Native character to be seen
    So cyborg was always a token non white in teen titans and titans?
    I thought he had strong character development in the titan books in the past and current solo books.
    If he did that's not the definition of a token even if he is the only non- white on a team.
    Plus he has not been the only non white on a team a number of times.
    In justice league odyssey he is not only non white and that is his current book.

Token -definition.
    A character who is only one of that race or gender on a team and has never had any character development.
    Last edited by mace11; 09-13-2020 at 06:25 AM.

Can anyone who's more familiar with Ohiyesa Smith tell me a bit more about him? I'm only familiar with him through JLU but I did like him there.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    So I have an idea for Tye Longshadow and Silver Deer's powers. I wanted to rework them as "creators": they are a class of metahuman whose power is creating things, either copies of objects or a unique creation of their own, whose properties they can shape. Tye's is obviously based on his YJ incarnation but can be separated from himself and used to attack at long range (think of the stands from Jojo's Bizzare Adventure). With Silver Deer, I came up with the idea of her creating a, well, silver deer to command but I'm drawing a blank what it's abilities should be.
    After some thought, maybe we should just give her something like limited telekinesis.

Default Red bird

RED BIRD
    Alias:Nataly Lakota
    Debut: Black Ops #1 (January 1996)
    Created By: Shon C Bury and Dan Norton
    Affiliations: Black Ops
    Powers: Hand to Hand Combat, Firearms, Knife Fighting
    Bio: Redbird is a woman of Sioux origin. She has long hair, and a small tatoo, picturing a tear, under her left eye. While her grandfather was raising her in a reservation in Sioux Falls, her father was HALOing into hotspots around the world with the Special Forces. After his death, she was consumed by the desire to follow in his footsteps. While in a FBI Counter-Terrorism team, she was tapped by IO to join the Black Razors. Her reputation as marksman and close quarter combatant brought her to the attention of John Lynch. He was creating an ultra-secret spoiler team he dubbed Black Ops, which he recruited her for.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Chindi (Russell Wolf) an ally of Steel (John Henry Irons).

Comanche of StormWatch who can shapeshift into any animal.

Dark-Crow (Daniel Crow-Brings-Darkness) an ally of the Justice League.
    Are Dark-Crow's powers magical in nature?