Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    As a huge fan of both myself, I concur.
    ...and to bring all back around to FLASH, I can dig the Bronze Age 1970s single-issue adventures and the longer story arcs of the 21st Century, though I probably like the old school, shorter stories more.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    ...and to bring all back around to FLASH, I can dig the Bronze Age 1970s single-issue adventures and the longer story arcs of the 21st Century, though I probably like the old school, shorter stories more.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    And the 100 page spectacular were awesome -- one featured a Flash and Kid Flash in a new story, another featured Barry and Jay as the lead. And the backups would include a Silver Age Flash story, a Golden Age Flash story, usually a Kid Flash solo tale and Johnny Quick from the Golden Age.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

I remember buying FLASH #275 because I thought BATGIRL was guest starring in it. OPPS! my Bad.
    Cover artist Dick Giordano made Iris an exact copy of Barbara.

FLASH275.jpg

Loved the Flash back then, sadly though DC treated the comic and character very poorly imo towards the end.
    The trial got dragged out over far too many issues, probably due to delays in writing, and then to end the run and subsequently killing him off in COIE’s was an awful way to treat the character who kick started the reemergence of superheroes when he debuted.
    Add to the way DC started treating Hal Jordan’s Green Lantern, that put me off comics for quite a few years after.
    It’s good to see Barry back as the Flash, he deserves to be the main one imo, but DC never seem to learn by their past mistakes because their treatment of Wally has been equally poor.

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    I remember buying FLASH #275 because I thought BATGIRL was guest starring in it. OPPS! my Bad.
    Cover artist Dick Giordano made Iris an exact copy of Barbara.

FLASH275.jpg
    A back issue of this was one of the first Flash comics I read, right before Crisis on Infinite Earths. It was great, but depressing.

But the subsequent arc with Prof. Zoom was amazing. Sad to say though, I didn't enjoy Infantino's art beyond that point, and I stopped reading early in the trial era. Everything looked so...sketchy. In the 1990s I read his 1950s Adam Strange, and a few 1960s Flash and GL stories, and realized what an incredible artist/designer he was. You wouldn't necessarily see that in his 1980s Flash work, though.
    Last edited by Dr. Ellingham; 08-07-2020 at 09:44 AM.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ellingham View Post
    A back issue of this was one of the first Flash comics I read, right before Crisis on Infinite Earths. It was great, but depressing.

But the subsequent arc with Prof. Zoom was amazing. Sad to say though, I didn't enjoy Infantino's art beyond that point, and I stopped reading early in the trial era. Everything looked so...sketchy. In the 1990s I read his 1950s Adam Strange, and a few 1960s Flash and GL stories, and realized what an incredible artist/designer he was. You wouldn't necessarily see that in his 1980s Flash work, though.
    I definitely agree he was a lot 'sketchier' upon his return. Especially after #300. By his own admission, it was just a paycheck for him by then.
    That said, he was STILL streets ahead of most.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

FLASH #300 cover by Infantino.

Flash300.jpg

Astonishing Member

Infantino was THE Silver Age Flash artist, but I don't think he should have returned to the series in the Bronze Age.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Infantino was THE Silver Age Flash artist, but I don't think he should have returned to the series in the Bronze Age.
    I'm glad he did. It was one of the better things about the last 50 issues!
    There were still some decent stories sure, (Flash #300 in particular was awesome) but nothing outstanding.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.