Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    Harry Potter had more to do with that. Billions of Dollars made with adapting a book for kids or teens results as usual in others doing that with anything, that is in the same corner.
    Harry Potter was never categorised as full fledged YA. It was children's fantasy that captivated many adults. Harry Potter is more comparable to Star Wars when it comes to fan demographic.

Twilight was the series that truly gave birth to YA.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Harry Potter was never categorised as full fledged YA. It was children's fantasy that captivated many adults. Harry Potter is more comparable to Star Wars when it comes to fan demographic.

Sooooo not a one-time thing then?

Incredible Member

You never read the last books or watched the last movies I take it? That was not really children's fantasy anymore.
    Last edited by lowfyr; Today at 05:51 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Lol Given the argument made about Black Panther, I think a thread titled " Why black movies get awards not on merit but because of diversity, from a white man's perspective " is more likely.

This thread has changed the angle and moved the goal post about 20 times. I mean most recently Twilight was called a one time thing and then Hunger games is brought up. The explanation being Twilight lead the way... which would clearly mean it wasn't a one time thing. Im not even sure what the argument is anymore. It was about Masculine women not being appealing to male audience(shown not to be true), and then somehow shifted to twilight and beauty and the beast in the last couple pages.
    If I get it right Beauty and the Beast was an example of a "feminine" heroine by the OP, but calling that an action movie is a big stretch and grasping at straws even more than usual.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Sooooo not a one-time thing then?
    As seen that is something completly different as the OP is so fond of saying, so it doesn't count in his opinion^^

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    You never read the last books or watched the last movies I take it? That was not really children's fantasy anymore.
    Which is what I said with Harry Potter's fan demographic. sorry my words made it hard for you to get. harry potter in the beginning was seen as children's fantasy but it went beyond that very much like Star Wars or Lord of the rings starting out first with a children's book like the hobbit before the later books.

Twilight was strictly YA defined.

Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

Yes, but I still don't understand what is the relationship among the fantasy movies like Twilight, Harry Potter, the target age of their audience and the title of the topic: «Female action movies from a male's perspective only».

Which is what I said with Harry Potter's fan demographic. sorry my words made it hard for you to get. harry potter in the beginning was seen as children's fantasy but it went beyond that very much like Star Wars or Lord of the rings starting out first with a children's book like the hobbit before the later books.

Twilight was strictly YA defined.
    Harry Potter is definitely a young adult fantasy series...there's really no arguing that...and again it and others like Twilight and Beauty and the Beast have nothing to do with Female Lead Action films.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham citizen View Post
    Yes, but I still don't understand what is the relationship among the fantasy movies like Twilight, Harry Potter, the target age of their audience and the title of the topic: «Female action movies from a male's perspective only».
    You're not alone. Its probably just any franchise now.

Also mixing LOTR, HP and Twilight in the same sentence as if the writers were equals hurts so much I stop caring.
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; Today at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham citizen View Post
    Twilight had tons of action. the highest grossing twilight films had the most action. During Eclipse the male actors told the twilight fan girls to bring their boyfriends to cinema to watch the film because it was the most action packed Twilight film to date.

The breaking dawn book had no action but the part 2 movie had action and that very big final fight.

Twilight was a combination of many tihings, romance, action, drama, fantasy but most importantly, it was female driven unlike harry potter that had a male centre character and twilight did exceptional well.
    Last edited by Castle; Today at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    You're not alone. Its probably just any franchise now.

Also mixing LOTR, HP and Twilight in the same sentence as if the writers were equals hurts so much I stop caring.
    I am not defending the quality of twilight. I am only saying the truth about its success as a female central franchise.