Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
Most folks don't have an issue calling a movie a flop if it really did that in terms of box office.

The point Gaelforce was making is when male lead films flop they are not generally used as weapons to negate others.

And we can list script, executives and all that-which get accepted when it's male lead or even something like Justice League. Yet NONE of that matters when it's Ghostbusters or Birds of Prey or Star Wars. It's always the fault of the woman or person of color.

And most movies those trailers and ads are NOT done by the folks who made the film. For those who remember the 2007 movie with Jeffrey Jones-Whose Your Caddy. The trailer would have you think it's a racism comedy with Jones being racist to the new black owners of the golf club. Race had NOTHING to do with it. Even the writer had to go on IMBD to say that multiple times.

I think the issue for many films is WHO is the male that is doing the work. Because it's funny when we look all over the place others are not having issue tossing female lead action films. And most have a decent plot.
I have no clue what any of what you say has to do with my 1) saying those films deserve to be on a flop list and 2) taking an opportunity to make fun of horrible movies. I was pretty sure that joke would've landed.

I mean I would have taken a shot at Green Lantern too if he hadn't listed that.