Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 34
  1. #16
    Extraordinary Member Güicho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,235

    Default


    Didn't have these, but they are pretty great.
    Although I don't know about letting Goofy drive the bus!?


    Love the HB ones

    Cartoon Network did a great throwback to the era using Jabberjaw
    Although ironically Jabberjaw never got a metal lunchbox (as far as I know) he went straight to plastic.
    Last edited by Güicho; 09-24-2020 at 08:16 PM.

  2. #17
    Extraordinary Member Güicho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Speaking of lunchboxs.

    https://youtu.be/bE3UTaErrVQ
    That's great, I'd totaly go there^.

    According museum owner Allen Woodall , in another interview.
    The Last metal Lunchbox produced before they switched to all plastic (not counting later repros) was Rambo of all things.
    Jump to 2:24 https://youtu.be/lwR7ZmhNn8g?t=144



    Now I have to re-imagine the entire Rambo movie, as RAMBO: First Blood ...Last Lunchbox! Or Full Metal Lunchbox - with his final mission trying to survive in a world with a Mothers Against Metal Lunchbox ban.

    Last edited by Güicho; 08-03-2020 at 07:47 AM.

  3. #18
    Astonishing Member Gaastra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,830

    Default

    I always wanted a Gremlin Stuffy, but do not know if they actually made them.
    You mean gremlins stuffed toys? Yes they did.

    Here is a gizmo toy ad.


  4. #19
    www.taurianfilms.com
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,051

    Default

    MASK and Transformers.

    So wish I kept them in good shape, but alas, they were peeled and fading by the time they got thrown out

  5. #20
    Extraordinary Member Güicho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,235

    Default

    Anybody?

    Last edited by Güicho; 09-24-2020 at 08:21 PM.

  6. #21
    Extraordinary Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    6,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    You mean gremlins stuffed toys? Yes they did.

    Here is a gizmo toy ad.

    That boy could have been me, but I missed out on this not knowing it was actually produced! Darn!

    But I loved that video, thanks for finding this, Gaastra.

  7. #22
    Astonishing Member Starter Set's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Inside the Jupiter 2
    Posts
    3,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Pretty cool art. (left one)

    But to answer the OP question, no i didn't have a lunchbox. Actually i'm kinda interested to know more, i guess it's a primary school thing in the US? You have to bring your own lunch?

  8. #23
    Astonishing Member Gaastra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,830

    Default

    Found another lunchbox video.


  9. #24
    Extraordinary Member Güicho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post

    But to answer the OP question, no i didn't have a lunchbox. Actually i'm kinda interested to know more, i guess it's a primary school thing in the US? You have to bring your own lunch?
    Public schools- it might vary by state (or whoever is in office) as to whatever funding is provided.
    Free (or at a discount) lunch (maybe breakfast too) is provided for kids based on family income/welfare. (Some families may rely on this to help feed their kids, and with the Covid shut down this has become a factor for some struggling families)
    Still for those who opt for it, even at full price it should only be a few dollars. Cafeteria school lunch can be cheaper and more convenient. ...health may be a factor?(again may vary by state what you get, ...there was the whole- cutting school lunch budgets allowed ketchup and other condiments to count as vegetables - battle.
    Many who can, and do just opt to bring their own lunch from home.
    On the flip side, I've seen articles calling for a ban on home lunches, as some parents give their kids garbage(Soda & Chips pure sugar and grease), when the school can actually provide a better meal.
    -----------------

    Umbrella Academy had some fun faux merch
    Including a lunchbox.





    I'd be tempted to get one if they actually produced one, although with them as adults on the other side.

    And of course SpaceBalls the Lunchbox!
    Which oddly had what looks like Transformers lunchbox art work, with just SpaceBalls emblazoned on it?

    Last edited by Güicho; 09-23-2020 at 07:19 AM.

  10. #25
    Astonishing Member Starter Set's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Inside the Jupiter 2
    Posts
    3,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Public schools- it might vary by state (or whoever is in office) as to whatever funding is provided.
    Free (or at a discount) lunch (maybe breakfast too) is provided for kids based on family income/welfare. (Some families may rely on this to help feed their kids, and with the Covid shut down this has become a factor for some struggling families)
    Still for those who opt for it, even at full price it should only be a few dollars. Cafeteria school lunch can be cheaper and more convenient. ...health may be a factor?(again may vary by state what you get, ...there was the whole- cutting school lunch budgets allowed ketchup and other condiments to count as vegetables - battle.
    Many who can, and do just opt to bring their own lunch from home.
    On the flip side, I've seen articles calling for a ban on home lunches, as some parents give their kids garbage(Soda & Chips pure sugar and grease), and the school can actually provide a better meal.
    Thanks, interesting to see the differences from a country to another.

  11. #26
    Extraordinary Member Güicho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,235

    Default




    Surprised none had Superman?
    Either the 50s era, 60s comic era one, or the 70s Reeve era one.




    Another terrific looking one, some trippy looking characters besides the usual, from the era Dick Tracy had incorporated some quirky sci-fi elements.
    Last edited by Güicho; 08-12-2020 at 07:14 PM.

  12. #27
    MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,892

    Default

    Don't have any from when I was a kid. I don't recall them lasting longer than 2 years or so. For Kindergarten, I had a Lunar Landing box. Scooby and Globetrotters after that. Boxes weren't a thing in middle school. If you brought your lunch, you brown bagged it.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

  13. #28

    Default

    The closest i came was having a Beatles lunch box.

  14. #29
    Extraordinary Member Güicho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,235

    Default

    Anyone Wondering, (super friends aside) if Superman and Batman both had one, where is Wonder Woman?
    There are some retro modern ones, only made to look like from 70s-80s era.
    Yet she did actually have some authentic ones from the era, in the Aladdin vinyl line -





    And apparently a metal one made in Brazil
    Last edited by Güicho; 09-23-2020 at 10:22 AM.

  15. #30
    Astonishing Member Gaastra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,830

    Default

    Boxes weren't a thing in middle school. If you brought your lunch, you brown bagged it.

    Yeah lunchboxs were more of a grade school thing. However there was a kid or two that still had one for a bit.

    We got school lunch and that ending lunchboxs at school for me in grade school.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •