Default Am loving these smaller companies!

So I have always been a huge fan of marvel and DC. But over the last few months I have been trying some of the non superhero and comics from other smaller companies. I have been reading power rangers like crazy, something is killing the children, skybourne and now the sixth gun. I am loving these books. They are amazing. I can't believe I took so long to get into these.

If anyone has any more good reads to let me know about I will be happy to read them.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

The Mignolaverse (Hellboy,B.P.R.D.,Lobster Johnson, Witchfinder) titles and Dark Horse's Conan by Busiek. Criminal and Lazarus from Image. Not a bad or mediocre issue in between them.

Ultimate Member

Try Image's Prodigy before it becomes a Netflix show. Think of it as Mr Terrific without the tech and super hero antics.

Scout Comics-Mall (if you can find the issues) takes places in the 80s. 3 different kids discover they have the same mobster father who leaves them each a store in the mall.

Creature Features from Vault. Creature in the lake kills kids and one of the kid's brother seeks revenge as zombies come out to kill folks.

If you don't mind strong sexual content at times-Savage Dragon. Think the adventures of Wally West with family without the speed powers.

Cellies-a 10 issue (2 trade) series about employees at a cellphone store.

If you don't mind LGBTQIA content-

Fence-kids at a fence team at a school-volume 3 I think just came out.
    Backstagers-Kids who are stage hands and the magical backstage. From Tynion.
    Goldie Vance (slated to be a movie)-1950s biracial girl working at hotel with her father solving crimes.

The LGBTQIA is not in your face, it's just there. No big deal is made about it. Even in Goldie-where you would expect it to be an issue in terms of time period. 4 trades are out and a 5th is coming and there is a novel.
    Backstaggers has 3 trades and 3 novels.

Livewire from Valiant was a nice read.
    Faith was too.

There's Nothing There was good. If you find the floppies one of the books has the writer addressing toxic fan behavior.
    The Man who Fupped Time is good. Last issue comes out next month.

Killadelphia from Image.
    Excellence from Image. Think Brother Voodoo and Dr Strange were brothers at odds with each other.

Seven Days from Lion Forge.

Comixology has some good onlines ones-one whose name I forgot but if you have unlimited you can read it and others for free.

Thanks guys! I will start looking into these
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.