• Human Torch

10 22.22%
  • Iron Fist

6 13.33%
  • other

6 13.33%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Comic book ages are so vague, I just figure Daredevil is forever around 30-35.
    I also think Matt is early to mid-thirties. So, yeah. he's a tad old for Babs.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Barbara is almost a red head Gwen Stacy so I pick Spider-Man

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Barbara is almost a red head Gwen Stacy so I pick Spider-Man
    Peter already has his red head though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Peter already has his red head though.
    exactly, Barbara = Mary Jane + Gwen Stacy

Voted Torch, Spidey actually makes the most sense but him with anyone other than MJ is blasphemy. Torch is the closest personality wise to grayson and for all the immaturity that shows up on occasion for Johnny, he is absolutely a heroic person at heart and that would connect with barbara
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

I tried thinking of someone else but yeah, I'mma have to go with Johnny. Danny is an interesting choice too, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Which is odd, as I don't think they've been a couple since the early 90s. Once Dick got a solo book, they gave him street level love interests, with Babs being the one considered endgame (they actually married only for Flashpoint to immediately erase it).
    People tend to misunderstand what Convergence was. They did not get married in pre-Flashpoint. Versions of their Pre-Flashpoint selves who were plucked from time and space at the point their world was destroyed were married a year after being trapped in the dome after dealing with an evil Hawkman and Hawkwoman who were also trapped in a dome.

It's really weird how people pick up on the Pre-Flashpoint Dick and Barbara marrying like it's supposed to be canon to pre-FP but ignore Pre-Crisis Dick and Kory marrying entirely.
    Last edited by Bikkun; 08-07-2020 at 10:46 AM.

Astonishing Member

I think Babs could actually probably really use a "Gambit" in her life, you know? He's an accomplished thief (in the guild and everything!) so her dad's going to hate him. And probably his mutantness could be played with there, since Gordon, though we've seen him be an open minded guy before, would be dealing with the Mutant Dilemma and prejudices compounding the fact that he's a thief.

On top of that Gambit has those slightly vampire-boy qualities where you wouldn't be sure if she's really attracted to him or if he's exhibiting some kind of empowered influence, which would muck with her very organized thinking skills. And he's a proper ANTI-Grayson.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Babs dad is a good dad though, and their relationship is pretty healthy. So why would she want to bring someone home to piss him off. The most rebellious thing she has done is become a Superhero to save him/because Gordan wouldn’t let her be a cop, but its not like she looks to antagonize probably her favorite person.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-07-2020 at 03:36 PM.

Gambit can be extremely charming and is mostly a good heroic guy, that can easily appeal to Babs, but at the same time, he's also pretty blatant about being (or having been) a thief, and not allows following the rules.

So she'd see him as a nice guy and her dad would see him as a ex-con. Gambit would agree to being both which wouldn't help matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    So she'd see him as a nice guy and her dad would see him as a ex-con. Gambit would agree to being both which wouldn't help matters.
    Thats an interesting idea, Barbara dates an ex-con who she put away as Batgirl

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

She wouldn't stand Human Torch. I don't know how he is now, but what I know he can be unbearably narcissistic.

I don't know about the rest so the only one I know fit is Spider-Man. Babs and Peter are both nerds and Peter is as messy with his life as with Grayson, plus she's already gotten used to the quips.

Astonishing Member

Man Thing or Leap Frog