Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

We wouldn't get a shared universe. The titles would end but i wouldn't see them ending that fast- most of the big 3 lasted a decade or more.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    If it was a manga company, it DEFINITELY wouldn't be one big universe. Nothing like that exists in Japan.

Also, EVERY book would be creator-owned. So, basically, not Marvel.
    Well, there's the ToAru-verse of A Certain Magical Index and all it's spinoffs as well as the Fate-Verse which includes games, novels, and manga.

I think that's probably the closest equivalents I can think of.

What about the hack/dot mangas? And again angelic layer, chobits and others take place in the same world and even have them show up in other shows like the girl from angelic layer showing up in chobits.

Clamp has many of it's shows in the same universe and had things from one show up in another.

https://www.cbr.com/things-didnt-kno...captor-sakura/

While many of CLAMP series feature crossovers, Wish, xxxHolic, Kobato, Suki: A Like Story, and Legal Drug/ Drug & Drop actually occur in the same world with no universe jumping required.
    It is no secret that Tokyo Babylon takes place in the same universe as X/1999 as we see both Subaru Sumeragi and Seishiro Sakurazuka in X/1999. Both characters play important roles as Subaru is a Dragons of Heaven and Seishiro is a Dragon of Earth. X/1999 also features Subaru recounting the events that took place in Tokyo Babylon.

What casual viewers may have missed was an appearance by the CLAMP School Detectives: Noroku, Souh, and Akira. Since Akira is also the star of Man of 20 Faces, his appearance links these series together.

Detective conan again not counting the crossovers has a kid anime spin-off, a zero manga spin-off and a police training spin-off mangas also. They all take place in the same world.

Strike witches and soul eater both have a spin-off series with new leads in the same worlds also.

Cells at work has a darker spin-off.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 08-04-2020 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    We'd get better animated shows...
    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    That's a given lol.

And likely more complex and arguably better plots.
    Actually, no we would not, since better animated is not a part of the "manga style" as defined.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    Actually, no we would not, since better animated is not a part of the "manga style" as defined.
    That's true. All we would get would be more faithful adaptations.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    That's true. All we would get would be more faithful adaptations.
    Touché

Oh, but most major villains would only last one arc or season (two or one and one half, if the villain is very lucky), so that is a downside.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Touché

Oh, but most major villains would only last one arc or season (two or one and one half, if the villain is very lucky), so that is a downside.
    I honestly wouldn't have a problem with that. Using old villains too much can be a crutch.

Plus it would be nice if the heroes winning actually meant something.

Detective Conan faced off against Lupin the 3rd in one of the movies, and Lion Force Voltron teamed up with the vehicle force Voltron (originally two separate unrelated animes) so crossover team ups aren't out of the question. The cast of Urusei Yatsura has cameoed in Maison Ikkoku, and Captain Harlock showed up a few times in Galaxy Express 999.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Detective Conan faced off against Lupin the 3rd in one of the movies
    Two movies and a cameo in a third. Urusei Yatsura made a cameo in a episode of the show also!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Two movies and a cameo in a third. Urusei Yatsura made a cameo in a episode of the show also!
    well damn, now I have to track these movies and that episode down. I adore Lum!
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Not really worth hunting her cameo down. It's a few second cameo of her blowing conan a kiss. That's it.

Nothing to write home about.

BANNED

Legacy characters would actually progress
    We’d probably get spinoffs and not decades of the same manga
    Characters that don’t work would probably be scrapped and never seen again unless they pop up somewhere else
    Big team books would be probably handled very interesting I’d imagine they’d be those event universe coming together titles like a Jump Force of sorts

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    It would depend on the studio, the staff, and the production schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Characters that don’t work would probably be scrapped and never seen again unless they pop up somewhere else
    Big team books would be probably handled very interesting I’d imagine they’d be those event universe coming together titles like a Jump Force of sorts
    Co-Signed for truth

Oh, and characters would routinely obtain flashy new upgrades (suits, powers, and/or forms) at the end of major arcs as a sort of "reward" for overcoming their latest "dire challenge".
    Last edited by Celgress; 08-08-2020 at 11:15 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    I don't know about that. Look at Dragon Ball. There's a reason why Super takes place before "End of Z".