Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I don't know about that. Look at Dragon Ball. There's a reason why Super takes place before "End of Z".
    Yeah, Super is a bit of a soft reset and thus a letdown, IMO. Still, we were introduced to some interesting new concepts, intriguing (and visually pleasing) power-ups, and fascinating characters (unfortunately they did not develop most of these characters) to keep things fresh so it wasn't a total loss. I'd also argue that Goku Black/Zamasu is the best, most well-rounded villain Dragon Ball as a whole has produced since Cell (his motivation made perfect sense he didn't simply want to destroy or hate our heroes for no good reason), even if his story arc went off the rails near its end.
    Last edited by Celgress; 08-08-2020 at 11:26 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It would depend on the studio, the staff, and the production schedule.
    You are very right, but there is also other factor that is popularity.

Shonen Jump series or series from the Fate universe are safe bets for any studio, they have a very popular status so any studio can focus their effort in that single show at time. Ufotable is a single proyect at time studio, so they animate very well, but you can focus in a single proyect if that proyect is going to be profitable.

All this threath is a what if, but in reality Marvel shows just doesn't have that status yet in Japan. So the solution is bypass their own market and produce straight for America, or increase the popularity of Marvel in Japan and to do that you need a very strong and profitable gimmyick.

That is the diference form Disk Wars and Future Avengers, Toei beign way more suited to long running child shows than madhouse which is way more suited for adult DTVs. Disk wars had a very good and profitable gimmick, the Disk themselves are wonderfull thing from a marketing stand point. I think that Disk Wars even had a 3ds videogame. In other hand Future Avengers feels like it had a very weak hook for the japanese market because without the new kids it's barely any diferent from any avengers american cartoon it had some anime details here and there but not nearly enought.

It's weird that Marvel tries to make the trio kids as a manga like team equivalent to the original japanesse native Big Hero 6, only Makoto fits that idea, they felt way more like kids self insert for a market like Disney or America than for main land japan. Is closer to the San Francisco new Big hero 6 version of the movie than the original ones so in the end it doesn't really feels like belongs in Japanesse TV .
    Last edited by mike2112; 08-08-2020 at 12:19 PM.

It. Would. Be. Cheaper.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

BANNED

I think if Marvel adopts the Japanese way of thinking, which is just push ANYTHING sells to the front and throw a bunch of cliches here and there, then Marvel's stories won't go anywhere for a better or worse. Because really anime and manga nowadays for better or worse are just cliches thrown in front of you without substances.

AKA The Minutman Refugee aka Blaquesmith aka DaSynchster!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    I think if Marvel adopts the Japanese way of thinking, which is just push ANYTHING sells to the front and throw a bunch of cliches here and there, then Marvel's stories won't go anywhere for a better or worse. Because really anime and manga nowadays for better or worse are just cliches thrown in front of you without substances.
    So basically the American film industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Tre Styles View Post
    OMG! I love the Marvel Mangaverse!

Hopefully, it will make a comeback someday.

Last edited by K7P5V; 08-10-2020 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    OMG! I love the Marvel Mangaverse!

Hopefully, it will make a comeback someday.

Ehh, I'm not too crazy about since it feels like a parody of a Marvel manga (which it is) than anything else. It's like a lot of big crossover events that fall flat.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Ehh, I'm not too crazy about since it feels like a parody of a Marvel manga (which it is) than anything else. It's like a lot of big crossover events that fall flat.
    I thought it was fun...at least the last bit of it that I read, not the originals.

Doing vaguely Japanese versions of Marvel characters in a manga-esque style isn't nearly the same thing as acting like a manga company.

it's paying lip service to the aesthetic, while utterly ignoring the mechanics.