Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    He also traveled from oneside of the planet to the other before a camera could finish turning iirc.
    Light circles the globe 7 times in one second. That feat is well below light and well below the explosion feat.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

He also traveled from oneside of the planet to the other before a camera could finish turning iirc.
    Yup, that was his best "other" feat, and it's, like I said, multiple orders of magnitude less than the explosion feat. It takes him a few seconds to run from the prison he's in to leave a guy in China, and to make it back. It's really massively fast, and much much faster than anything else he's done, but no so out of whack that I'd off-hand dump it. But the "running around for a half hour in effective time while a nuclear explosion's energy advances inches" is simply overboard fast - it would be something decently good for comic Wally.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Guess Flash is still just in the same tier and Fox Quicksilver.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Guess Flash is still just in the same tier and Fox Quicksilver.
    Something in that wheelhouse, maybe. Fox Quickie's consistent speed stuff is still better, and he has no CIS at all. Barry adds some cool esoterics, of course, but he's not generally operating at Peter's level in pure speed or in converting speed to strength.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Something in that wheelhouse, maybe. Fox Quickie's consistent speed stuff is still better, and he has no CIS at all. Barry adds some cool esoterics, of course, but he's not generally operating at Peter's level in pure speed or in converting speed to strength.
    I kinda did the math on the mansion explosion and the camera turning feats once upon a time and they were actually really similar iirc.

Edit: I say "kinda" because I'm not a mathematician like say, Sharp, or anything. It was mostly for fun and probably wrong lol
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

The issue with the mansion explosion stuff is that Quicksilver was clearly screwing around while he was doing it. In the moments he had to, while the world was still almost frozen, he would flashstep ridiculously. Doing things like going from inside the mansion to completely outside the blast radius and back several times in the teeny tiny fraction of a second it takes for the explosion to barely advance at all. He ALSO explores every other bit of the mansion that was not insta-gibbed by the initial part of the blast, a lot of that being implied and not directly shown, but it shows some of it and he explicitly says he got everyone, meaning he searched every nook and cranny of the mansion (we see him looking under tables and such) during the expanding blast. All while clearly screwing around. He doesn't do all of this at anything like his maximum speed - he's mostly just strolling around. Hell, he does some of it while doing the moonwalk and making vamped dance moves. He takes the time to save a goldfish and ensure that the dog keeps his pizza. And of course he throws people hundreds of meters with pinpoint accuracy and precision into a makeshift catch net constructed on a tree branch out of drapes. The feat is simply ridiculous, awesome and likely the most fun speedfeat ever shown in a film. I really hope Marvel figures out a way to use this well going forward.

Barry's "run to china" feat is great, but doesn't imply the same speed for me- the vast majority of it is going to be running over completely empty space, implying being able to hit higher speeds perhaps. It would certainly explain why he's never this fast running around the city. It's also not really "fun," and again, it's significantly better than anything else he's ever shown outside of the bomb feat, which, again, is orders of magnitude more impressive.

Astonishing Member

The issue with the mansion explosion stuff is that Quicksilver was clearly screwing around while he was doing it. In the moments he had to, while the world was still almost frozen, he would flashstep ridiculously. Doing things like going from inside the mansion to completely outside the blast radius and back several times in the teeny tiny fraction of a second it takes for the explosion to barely advance at all. He ALSO explores every other bit of the mansion that was not insta-gibbed by the initial part of the blast, a lot of that being implied and not directly shown, but it shows some of it and he explicitly says he got everyone, meaning he searched every nook and cranny of the mansion (we see him looking under tables and such) during the expanding blast. All while clearly screwing around. He doesn't do all of this at anything like his maximum speed - he's mostly just strolling around. Hell, he does some of it while doing the moonwalk and making vamped dance moves. He takes the time to save a goldfish and ensure that the dog keeps his pizza. And of course he throws people hundreds of meters with pinpoint accuracy and precision into a makeshift catch net constructed on a tree branch out of drapes. The feat is simply ridiculous, awesome and likely the most fun speedfeat ever shown in a film. I really hope Marvel figures out a way to use this well going forward.

Barry's "run to china" feat is great, but doesn't imply the same speed for me- the vast majority of it is going to be running over completely empty space, implying being able to hit higher speeds perhaps. It would certainly explain why he's never this fast running around the city. It's also not really "fun," and again, it's significantly better than anything else he's ever shown outside of the bomb feat, which, again, is orders of magnitude more impressive.
    True, however, Barry is able to do things with speed Quicksilver can't - like time travel, phase and dimension jump.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    True, however, Barry is able to do things with speed Quicksilver can't - like time travel, phase and dimension jump.
    I've mentioned that several times in the thread: Fox Quicksilver is, to me, faster and much more skilled than Barry. Barry has tons of esoterics thanks to "speed force mumbo jumbo du jour." Don't forget throwing lightning.

I've mentioned that several times in the thread: Fox Quicksilver is, to me, faster and much more skilled than Barry. Barry has tons of esoterics thanks to "speed force mumbo jumbo du jour." Don't forget throwing lightning.
    I'd say Barry is more skilled when the plot isn't beating him until he's little more than a walking talking vegetable. Definitely more experienced too.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral