Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Barry(CW) vs Bart(Smallville)

How would a race and a fight between these two go down? Ignoring the massive PIS displayed in the Flash of course.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    How would a race and a fight between these two go down? Ignoring the massive PIS displayed in the Flash of course.
    Bart is onscreen considerably faster than Clark, who is considerably faster than CW Barry (outside of the one ridiculous and completely out-of-whack with the rest of his everything), so Bart really isn't losing. I don't recall Bart having extremely good hitting feats, mind you, but he'll be able to keep hitting as much as he likes, so Bart wins.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Bart is onscreen considerably faster than Clark, who is considerably faster than CW Barry (outside of the one ridiculous and completely out-of-whack with the rest of his everything), so Bart really isn't losing. I don't recall Bart having extremely good hitting feats, mind you, but he'll be able to keep hitting as much as he likes, so Bart wins.
    That was not a one off, it was part of a buff he had just received. Him moving so fast that an explosion was moving slow is a part of his powers, though I admit I haven't watched the last 2 seasons due to Iris. Either way I would like for you to include it.

Now who wins?
    Last edited by Cody; 08-03-2020 at 11:18 AM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

That was not a one off, it was part of a buff he had just received. Him moving so fast that an explosion was moving slow is a part of his powers, though I admit I haven't watched the last 2 seasons due to Iris. Either way I would like for you to include it.

Now who wins?
    That does create a bit of an issue that something must be included that seems well above the norm even for high-end.

Though I suppose it could be argued that the sheer amount of time he maintained that kind of speed is the real issue?

Bart is still consistently faster and I don't recall Barry ever being able to do something like that again.
    Power with Girl is better.

Now who wins?
    The feat, as stated, was a massive outlier. Simply huge. I'm not just going to "count it."
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

The feat, as stated, was a massive outlier. Simply huge. I'm not just going to "count it."
    Well it's my topic, so I'm asking you to.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Well it's my topic, so I'm asking you to.
    Well, it means that literally none of Barry's other feats count at all, because it's like 4 orders of magnitude faster than anything else he's ever done.

Annnnnnd based on the comic extension feats for Bart, Barry's still like 2 or 3 orders of magnitude slower than Impulse. Unless you don't want to count those feats for Bart, but then this seems liked a rigged thread: counting an uncountable (by Rumbles rules) feat for one character to amp him massively, and discounting feats from another to nerf him.
    Last edited by big_adventure; 08-04-2020 at 08:55 AM.

Well, it means that literally none of Barry's other feats count at all, because it's like 4 orders of magnitude faster than anything else he's ever done.

Annnnnnd based on the comic extension feats for Bart, Barry's still like 2 or 3 orders of magnitude slower than Impulse. Unless you don't want to count those feats for Bart, but then this seems liked a rigged thread: counting an uncountable (by Rumbles rules) feat for one character to amp him massively, and discounting feats from another to nerf him.
    I don't discount feats, I include them
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

I don't discount feats, I include them
    Counting Bart's comic extension feats, he still wins. But I really don't see why you're so set on counting this one feat when everyone has pointed out that he has never since done anything remotely on that level and it's clearly an outlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Counting Bart's comic extension feats, he still wins. But I really don't see why you're so set on counting this one feat when everyone has pointed out that he has never since done anything remotely on that level and it's clearly an outlier.
    It's because afaik he doesn't have contradicting low showings taking place after that feat outside of PIS.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Has he repeated it?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Has he repeated it?
    I don't know if the debate is over the level of speed or over how long he sustained it. He has never before or since sustained such speed for anywhere close to that long.

If we are talking about the fastest explosions, no, he has never come close to such a speed except that one time. I read one calculation that his speed in the show is Mach 11 as of season 6. That's under 12000 mph or nowhere remotely the speed of such an explosion. But it's plenty fast enough to do things like take the Weather Wizard across town and into a cell before he even knows what happened.

I have no idea how this one-off is being interpreted as other than an outlier. Perhaps others can give more details.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I don't know if the debate is over the level of speed or over how long he sustained it. He has never before or since sustained such speed for anywhere close to that long.

If we are talking about the fastest explosions, no, he has never come close to such a speed except that one time. I read one calculation that his speed in the show is Mach 11 as of season 6. That's under 12000 mph or nowhere remotely the speed of such an explosion. But it's plenty fast enough to do things like take the Weather Wizard across town and into a cell before he even knows what happened.

I have no idea how this one-off is being interpreted as other than an outlier. Perhaps others can give more details.
    He also traveled from oneside of the planet to the other before a camera could finish turning iirc.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral