Page 21 of 96 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Goggindowner View Post
    SO.....

Does anyone know if there was ever a collection available for Captain Marvel Vol 3? That would be the one that starred Genis-Vell as the titular character, written by Peter David with most pencils done by ChrisCross?

I remember reading that series when I was younger and really liking it a lot. But now, I can't find it collected or available in any format. If there isn't a collection available, can anyone tell me one way or the other if it's available on Marvel Unlimited? I've been considering a subscription, and this series being on there would certainly not be a knock on me deciding to pony up.
    As stingnewell mentioned the only TPB is First Contact which had like 6-7 issues.

http://www.amazon.com/Captain-Marvel...+first+contact

Speaking of which, are there any cosmic stories that haven't been collected that you would like to see a TPB? For me, I'd like to see Ron Marz's Thanos stories collected:
    Secret Defenders #9-14 (though Thanos didn't appear until like #11 or 12)
    Cosmic Powers #1-6
    Cosmic Powers Unlimited #1

Quote Originally Posted by pinoypanzer View Post
    Speaking of which, are there any cosmic stories that haven't been collected that you would like to see a TPB?
    Pad's Captain Marvel, beyond First Contact.
    Nicieza and Benes Captain Marvel.
    Star Masters
    Starblast with all it's tie-ins.
    The Journey Into Mystery and the Cosmos in Collision arcs of Quasar.
    More will probably come to mind.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post

the Cosmos in Collision arcs of Quasar.

Peace
    Is that the arc where Quasar was taking on Maelstrom?

Is that the arc where Quasar was taking on Maelstrom?
    Yep.

Peace

Yep.

Peace
    Gruenwald's Quasar run as a whole was pretty good. In fact that late 80's early 90's was a great time for marvel cosmic as a whole and I'm sure there are plenty of stories there yet to be collected.

I don't think The Herald Ordeal has been collected in English. Apparently there was one in Polish or something.

BANNED

News of the Thanos vs Hulk mini http://comics.cosmicbooknews.com/con...limited-series

Among the cadre cast are Annilius, Blasstar, and Pip the troll and returning locals from Dan and Andy's run in Guardians, Starlins Bar of Knowwhere. The comic is set quotes from Starlin: "The story itself is self contained, even though it is part of the tale begun in Thanos Annual and the Infinity Revelation original graphic novel," Starlin said. "Strangely enough, though, this story takes place before Infinity Revelation, as did Thanos Annual."

BANNED

Pad's Captain Marvel, beyond First Contact.
    Nicieza and Benes Captain Marvel.
    Star Masters
    Starblast with all it's tie-ins.
    The Journey Into Mystery and the Cosmos in Collision arcs of Quasar.
    More will probably come to mind.

Peace
    Starblast started oh so promising especially with all the motley crew of heroes involved - you got your inhumans - black bolt & lockjaw, you got your Russian heroes - perun , vostok , darkstar , vanguard , you got the eternal ikaris and you got squadron supreme hyperion , then you got captain marvel II (monica) and quasar , later you got binary (carol) and the imperial guards. Unfortunately , it degenerated into garbage with bad art and lackluster writing.

BANNED

Speaking of which, are there any cosmic stories that haven't been collected that you would like to see a TPB? For me, I'd like to see Ron Marz's Thanos stories collected:
    Secret Defenders #9-14 (though Thanos didn't appear until like #11 or 12)
    Cosmic Powers #1-6
    Cosmic Powers Unlimited #1
    Thanos secret defenders arc only start at issue 12 - the prequel to the cosmic powers mini series although he isn't the central player in the arc. The players are the villains he recruited and screwed over - rhino , super skrull , geatar (Nebula right hand man) , titanium man & nitro.
    Secret defenders 09 & 10 is a nebula arc and had the replacements for iron man & thor , surfer wanted them but got war machine & thunderstrike instead. At the end of the arc is where thanos showed up to save Geatar and recruited geatar for issue 12.
    secret defenders issue 11 is a so-called starblast tie-in with hulk , nova & northstar , basically a non-issue , only notable for the banter between nova and northstar.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    Starblast started oh so promising especially with all the motley crew of heroes involved - you got your inhumans - black bolt & lockjaw, you got your Russian heroes - perun , vostok , darkstar , vanguard , you got the eternal ikaris and you got squadron supreme hyperion , then you got captain marvel II (monica) and quasar , later you got binary (carol) and the imperial guards. Unfortunately , it degenerated into garbage with bad art and lackluster writing.
    The art was crappy, but I never got to read the whole thing (I missed many tie-ins, and the ones I did get were read completely out of order and years apart from my reading of the main series). I'd go through the experience of reading it all in an oversized TPB just to get a real idea of how it holds up.

Peace

I'll have to check that stuff out because I skipped it..did not even know it existed. Mid 90s kind of a dark period for me comics wise.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    Thanos secret defenders arc only start at issue 12 - the prequel to the cosmic powers mini series although he isn't the central player in the arc. The players are the villains he recruited and screwed over - rhino , super skrull , geatar (Nebula right hand man) , titanium man & nitro.
    Secret defenders 09 & 10 is a nebula arc and had the replacements for iron man & thor , surfer wanted them but got war machine & thunderstrike instead. At the end of the arc is where thanos showed up to save Geatar and recruited geatar for issue 12.
    secret defenders issue 11 is a so-called starblast tie-in with hulk , nova & northstar , basically a non-issue , only notable for the banter between nova and northstar.
    Thanks for the additional info. I personally would still add them since they are all written by Ron Marz but for a Thanos TPB secret defenders #9-11 wouldn't be essential.

BANNED

How was the reboot title of Captain Marvel by David compared to his classic run?

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post
    How was the reboot title of Captain Marvel by David compared to his classic run?
    its a classic series, one of the best works of all time and a gem of the late 90s/ 2000s

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post
    You're asking about Pad's second Genis-Vell series in comparrision to the first? Have to say I prefer the first (found it more fun, especially due to the Genny/Rick chemestry, which was one of my favorite things in the series), but, in it's own way, the second is just as good, if not better. To begin with, it's completely unpredictable, starting when Pad makes the central character go insane, and he keeps the reader on his toes the rest of the wacky ride. Whilhe the first series is your typical the journey of a hero book (as atypical as Pad usually makes things), the second is the downfall of such hero, his faliure in becoming the hero he set out to be, also done twisting expectations, as Pad so oftenly does in his books. I recommend both of them immensly, and it's a crime that Marvel hasn't reprinted both series over and over, as well as not brought back Genis-Vell, IMHO, the one true heir to the Captain Marvel legacy.

Peace