Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Well, is Rebirth Clark as durable as he is strong?
    Probably? The durability feat that jumps out to me from my limited reading is that he purposely hung out under the sea floor if a planet until it exploded and then emerged without even looking mussed. Granted, that's not the same as taking a direct hit from something that destroys a planet, but there's something to be said for how much of a none-threat it was to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Probably? The durability feat that jumps out to me from my limited reading is that he purposely hung out under the sea floor if a planet until it exploded and then emerged without even looking mussed. Granted, that's not the same as taking a direct hit from something that destroys a planet, but there's something to be said for how much of a none-threat it was to him.
    I'll never get another chance.

I find this fishy.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

No, at the time specifically it wasn't. 616 Reed was intentionally travelling into what he noted explicitly to be his own timeline's future.
    Actually no. In the first comic it appears (Avengers 296) it was explained as a future to an alternate Earth.

Its future of Earth 123458 ect.

And later it was revealed that entire timeline of that universe was destroyed.

As you can see Earth 616's timeline remains intact. By default it can't be main future of Earth 616.

Actually no. In the first comic it appears (Avengers 296) it was explained as a future to an alternate Earth.
    No, that's what the Kangs thought, we see Reed noting it's his timeline's future, and we see that as they travel to it, all other possibilities falling away, explicitly noted as such. Reed is the one actually able to get into the bubble in a functional way as compared to their efforts in the Avengers arc, noted as failures.

As you can see Earth 616's timeline remains intact. By default it can't be main future of Earth 616.
    That's the point, it was destroyed and replaced. At the time it was explicitly the future, as noted in the content of scans you are completely ignoring. The one noting their general failures in this regard, at that.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 08-03-2020 at 10:51 PM.

I mean, I said this several posts ago

The future they went to couldn't become an alternate timeline ontop of that, it got ultimate nullified as is.
    I would say it's convenient that you left that out in what you're quoting from me.

Of curiosity, what do you feel it means that Reed keeps referring to it as the future of his universe, and that when they travel to it the closer they get, all alternate possibilities fall away?

Just for some further proof, the future of the time bubble was affecting the 616 present as its future at the time:

https://imgur.com/a/zHOzE2z
    Last edited by Pendaran; 08-03-2020 at 10:50 PM.

No, that's what the Kangs thought, we see Reed noting it's his timeline's future, and we see that as they travel to it, all other possibilities falling away, explicitly noted as such. Reed is the one actually able to get into the bubble in a functional way, compared to their efforts in the Avengers arc, noted as failures.
    Those possibilities were new realities created when one approached the time bubble. It wasn't related to anything connecting Earth 616 to the future.

That's the point, it was destroyed and replaced. At the time it was explicitly the future, as noted in the content of scans you are completely ignoring. The one noting their general failures in this regard, at that.
    Not really, the whole timeline came to an abrupt end. It wasn't replaced, the timeline became dead.

Those possibilities were new realities created when one approached the time bubble. It wasn't related to anything connecting Earth 616 to the future.
    You don't say:

By the way, your own scan contains the words "But suppose I'm wrong!", as though again, they're not actually sure what they're dealing with.

Is there a reason you treat that sort of detail as optional? From your own scans?

Much like in your first scan from Avengers, where the Kang Council Chairman is in fact talking about the canon main earth where, y'know, most of comics happen and noting Kang 12434etc. etc. is somehow thus from it, given that he's talking about, you know, our earth, and saying that Kang, despite all his numbers, is from it.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 08-03-2020 at 11:08 PM.

Just for some further proof, the future of the time bubble was affecting the 616 present as its future at the time:

The time bubble was starting to effect entire time and space across the multiverse. It was repeatedly stated that these were alternate futures.

From Avengers 300. It was one of many alternate futures of Earth.

The time bubble was starting to effect entire time and space across the multiverse. It was repeatedly stated that these were alternate futures.
    Why did Reed call it his future? Repeatedly? Why in your own scans did the Kangs call it the future of the Earth, you know, canonical marvel comics happen on?

The best part of that is that Reed knows exactly what time it was when it became impossible to send stuff more than a certain amount of time into the future.

I just imagine him sitting there randomly and nonchalantly tossing stuff into the timestream.

08:42 - Johnny’s leather jacket gets sent to 5238 AD.
    08:43 - Sue’s hair-dryer gets sent to a week next Wednesday.
    08:44 - Ben’s Disney-themed beer glass gets sent to 3629 AD.
    08:45 - Nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    The best part of that is that Reed knows exactly what time it was when it became impossible to send stuff more than a certain amount of time into the future.

I just imagine him sitting there randomly and nonchalantly tossing stuff into the timestream.

08:42 - Johnny’s leather jacket gets sent to 5238 AD.
    08:43 - Sue’s hair-dryer gets sent to a week next Wednesday.
    08:44 - Ben’s Disney-themed beer glass gets sent to 3629 AD.
    08:45 - Nothing.
    Oh dude, this is the eventual plot arc where Reed basically murders his way out of his own murder trial and while that's kind of an analogy as far as the crime he was actually put on trial for, it also involved committing actual murders.

There is no way he didn't do such petty dickish stuff off camera while testing things out, I'm saying.

Actually travel from future, already established alternate realities were blocked as well.

Doesn't means those alternate realities are main future of Earth.