Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

The entire argument isn't just about Gladiators speed, this thread is about Superman vs Gladiator, even if Gladiators speed is as impressive as you claim it to be, his striking leaves much wanting for him to have an actual impact on this fight.
    Considering that I've said I feel Gladiator loses, the entire discussion is indeed on his speed as far as anything I'm talking about, and what you entered this thread to question.

The speed at which he did it is impressive as in he crossed a galaxy in an eye blink, the timing of it isn't, because it's still an eye blink, something regular people can react to. Once again you are making up my own positions for me, i am not ignoring the feat i am breaking it down, Gladiator can cross a galaxy in the blink of an eye is impressive, him reacting to something in a blink of an eye, not so much, but i never doubter Gladiators travel speed to begin with. Or maybe the plot gives them stupid feats something that they realistically can't or shouldn't be able to do and they don't replicate 99% of the time? Like that time Cho Hulk did a striking feat thats bajillion times more powerful than all of the energy in the universe.
    This makes no sense in English, what he had to time was crossing an entire galaxy and hitting a guy, in an eyeblink. Your problem as far as "making up your positions for you" is that when you say things that completely fold in on themselves, like this, is that I can only go with the meaning of the thing you say. You cannot separate the "crossing a galaxy to hit a guy" from the eyeblink as you seem to demand to. That doesn't work. There is a different between "doing a thing right up at someone when they blink" and "crossing a galaxy to do it", that you want to ignore the sheer scale involved is your own problem, and is what is making your statements make no sense.

It's also really interesting that you now have to default to "fine, then it was an outlier!"

So now the time dilation was an outlier, and now this was an outlier. You're starting to rack them up here.

No my argument was that he preformed a single feat in a nanonsecond, not dozens/hundreds or however mcuh in a nanosecond, you are shifting the goal post from the original point you made instead of just saying "i misspoke when i said he had a fight in a nanosecond, what i meant was he reacted in a nanosecond"(actually if we are going to be technical it wasn't a nanosecond but nanosecondS).
    There is no shifting goal post unless your standard for the fight is, again, bafflingly "just because Gladiator reacted in nanoseconds doesn't mean he was fighting in nanoseconds, or can act in nanoseconds."

Unless, somehow, your actual arguement is "Gladiator is only capable of taking a single action that quickly", which, would make no sense, has no intersection with any of his known abilities, and again ignores that saying stuff like that is the entire reason we had to come up with things like plot induced stupidity in the board standards for debate, because otherwise we get people like you, saying things like that.

Because it didn't belong to the specific main time line it belonged to one potential future timeline,
    "I'm ignoring a thread full of scans saying and showing differently."

that's now been erased as a potential future altogether a potential future where Gladiator isn't the current one but a different one. Once again you are trying to build a strawman of me, i am not ignoring what happened in any of the comics
    THis is you, in response to a pile of scans:

Because it didn't belong to the specific main time line it belonged to one potential future timeline
    So, yeah, you are by definition.

I honestly don't wanna hear anymore about "you ignore comics" in the same post that speaks about certain feats being "PIS".
    Unfortunately, my preference to go by board standards and not do things like ignore characters showing they have an explicit capacity mean this will continue to be a problem for you.

Also, you continue to completely ignore comics, posted scans, and do things like say "as long as a character doesn't repeat doing a thing, it means they can never do it again, not something more simple like the writer then not using it so that there can be a fight".

No i am saying the comic says he can outrace photons, not that he dodged them, because that same comic shows him inside the photon blast. That's once again not semantics and that's not the argument i am making, where does it says he saw the photons and dodged them? Why didn't he dodge them a second time? Oh right, it was probably PIS.
    The linchpin of your argument is now trying to say there is all the difference in the world between "outrace" and "dodge". That is by definition semantics. Beyond that yes, that is exactly what PIS is. There's an FAQ, right at the top, for our standards here. They include things like "character doing a thing, then forgetting, even in the same fight, they can do that thing".

Why do you want to post on this board if you hold its standards for debate in such contempt? Debate standards seem important enough to you to use jargon like "strawman" and "shifting goal posts". It's a moderated debate board. The board makes clear what standards for evidence it is moderated by. If you dislike them that intensely, what brings you on by? I have to imagine there are plenty of other places to do this sort of thing.

The standards of your board are that if character can process a billion stuff in their minds, he must also be able somehow apply that in combat by hitting someone a billion times or reacting to a billionth of a second, is that it? Damn i never knew so many geniuses were that fast, even guys like Apocolypse. Those are certainly interesting standards, i get now why these boards are so popular.
    If you dislike this board so, why did you come to it, unless of course to point out how flawed and unworkable it is in your view.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    In regards to the Gladiator counting billions in seconds thing, I dont think the comic hinted at the feat being some formulaic act of genius like what you are referring to. He didnt scan a small portion and then plug it into an algorithm his mind was familiar with.

IIRC, he literally just... counted to that number. Like 1, 2, 3..." etc. Locating and counting each thing.

Anyone have a scan? I cant perfectly recall.
    https://imgur.com/a/wWcocp8

Thread Closed For Review.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.