Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 78
  1. #46
    Extraordinary Member Pendaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,246

    Default

    Nothing in the scan you have posted says anything you say it does. I have no idea how else to say that.

  2. #47
    Extraordinary Member Pendaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,246

    Default

    Doesn't means those alternate realities are main future of Earth.
    So, there are multiple scans at this point of Reed saying the future they travelled to is the future of their present, that the one they are interacting with is the future of their present. In what sense do you think you have made them go away?

  3. #48
    Fantastic Member Superfan90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Why did Reed call it his future? Repeatedly? Why in your own scans did the Kangs call it the future of the Earth, you know, canonical marvel comics happen on?
    Its one of the futures of Earth, a different Earth. Anyway I've given enough proof at this point that its a different universe, marvel comics state that its a different universe and have given it a different universe title.

    It diverged from Earth 616 when Galactus was dying as shown in FF 244.



    In this future Tiamut saved Galactus instead of Reed who saved Galactus in FF 244.



    In Earth 616 it was Reed who saved Galactus.

    I don't know what else can be clearer than that.

  4. #49
    Extraordinary Member Pendaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,246

    Default

    Anyway I've given enough proof at this point that its a different universe, marvel comics state that its a different universe and have given it a different universe title.
    You posted a scan of Kangs literally saying it was the future of the Earth of the ongoing Avengers comic, then somehow ignored this detail because the Kang from it happened to have a big ol number. Are you trying to argue the entire Avengers series to that point happened in an alternate reality? That is the only way for anything you are saying you make sense. You ignored multiple scans of Reed calling it the future of his present. You ignored scans showing all the alternate realities falling away.

    You ignore the content of your own scans when Nebula-Kang says she's not even sure what is really happening.

    It diverged from Earth 616 when Galactus was dying as shown in FF 244.
    The only thing that scan says is that the Celestial came up with its plan when Galactus was dying, everything else is you saying something that is nowhere in that scan.

    In this future Tiamut saved Galactus instead of Reed who saved Galactus in FF 244.
    No, he didn't, he just messed with him to alter him while he was healing. That is literally the content of your own scan. Your scan literally says "as Galactus was healing". He was already healing, Reed had already healed him. You are at this point posting scans and deciding the content of your own scans are irrelevant.

    I don't know what else can be clearer than that.
    I can certainly see why you need to think that based on your thread history to this point.

  5. #50
    Fantastic Member Superfan90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    You posted a scan of Kangs literally saying it was the future of the Earth of the ongoing Avengers comic, then somehow ignored this detail because the Kang from it happened to have a big ol number. Are you trying to argue the entire Avengers series to that point happened in an alternate reality? That is the only way for anything you are saying you make sense. You ignored multiple scans of Reed calling it the future of his present. You ignored scans showing all the alternate realities falling away.

    You ignore the content of your own scans when Nebula-Kang says she's not even sure what is really happening.



    The only thing that scan says is that the Celestial came up with its plan when Galactus was dying, everything else is you saying something that is nowhere in that scan.



    No, he didn't, he just messed with him to alter him while he was healing. That is literally the content of your own scan. Your scan literally says "as Galactus was healing". He was already healing, Reed had already healed him. You are at this point posting scans and deciding the content of your own scans are irrelevant.



    I can certainly see why you need to think that based on your thread history to this point.
    "The master dreamt him whole but altered". You mean to say 616 Galactus was altered from FF 244 and started consuming universe? Seriously?

    I mean marvel comics itself has designated BCA saga as happened on Earth 8810 and not on Earth 616. It seems nothing is going to change your mind because of that one Gladiator feat has to be assigned to 616 Gladiator.

    Anyway I don't think anything else can be said on this topic so I'm not going to post on it any further.

  6. #51
    Extraordinary Member Pendaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,246

    Default

    "The master dreamt him whole but altered". You mean to say 616 Galactus was altered from FF 244 and started consuming universe? Seriously?
    You get that the whole point of the plan of altering Galactus was for it to take place over time and culminate in the future? Hence the whole... time messing about? The entire foundational aspect of that arc?

    You get that your entire argument now is boiling down to "I need to ignore the part where it notes that he was already healing, in order to say someone else healed him instead"?

    This is a lot of pages of ignoring the content of your own posts and that of others.

  7. #52
    Extraordinary Member Pendaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,246

    Default

    It seems nothing is going to change your mind because of that one Gladiator feat has to be assigned to 616 Gladiator.
    You know it's kind of telling in a thread where I'm noting Gladiator loses that you have to default to "you're biased in favour of Gladiator", on top of everything else. But like a lot of other things, I imagine that part of the content of my posts was deemed optional, if that.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 08-04-2020 at 12:44 AM.

  8. #53
    Prince of Duckness Beadle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,839

    Default

    This tick-tick went boom rather predictably, didn’t it?

  9. #54
    Extraordinary Member Pendaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,246

    Default

    It doesn't really top the arrival in the DBZ thread one to be honest, but you know me, I stay the eff out of them threads on general principle.

  10. #55
    Astonishing Member Cody's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    It doesn't really top the arrival in the DBZ thread one to be honest, but you know me, I stay the eff out of them threads on general principle.
    Until you don't
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Physically grabbing an released Black Hole to stop it is like throwing a sandwich at Galactus to stop him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I stand by my belief of Toriyama seeing a certain match online and going "Oh Yeah?!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Every time you say the name of some kind of nonsense martial art, an angel gets its wings, and Val Armorr learns the martial art, retroactively founds it, then super karates the angel unconscious with it.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

  11. #56
    Prince of Duckness Beadle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    It doesn't really top the arrival in the DBZ thread one to be honest, but you know me, I stay the eff out of them threads on general principle.
    You and me both. Those threads can be catnip for craziness.

    But then I generally stay out of anything anime or manga. I just don’t know anything about it, so...

  12. #57
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    Because of the one time interacting with the fantastic four with his speed where they are all using tech to overcome time dilation
    Except that wasn't 616 Gladiator


  13. #58
    Astonishing Member Cody's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    You and me both. Those threads can be catnip for craziness.

    But then I generally stay out of anything anime or manga. I just don’t know anything about it, so...
    Hasn't been for a bit now. When it does go haywire, it is usually arguing about whatever character the DB guy is facing lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Except that wasn't 616 Gladiator

    Iirc the Gladiator un question was also a representation of the future 616 Gladiator. Pendaran would know better than me though.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Physically grabbing an released Black Hole to stop it is like throwing a sandwich at Galactus to stop him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I stand by my belief of Toriyama seeing a certain match online and going "Oh Yeah?!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Every time you say the name of some kind of nonsense martial art, an angel gets its wings, and Val Armorr learns the martial art, retroactively founds it, then super karates the angel unconscious with it.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

  14. #59
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Iirc the Gladiator un question was also a representation of the future 616 Gladiator. Pendaran would know better than me though.
    It's from an alternate timeline, from Earth-8810, not 616 it's a universe from where Galactus died and was revived by an alternate version of a Celestial and whose hunger intensified to the point of actually eating the universe as opposed to planets.

    Even if it was the future of 616 Earth, it split off into it's own timeline and we have no idea how that affected any of the characters there, Gladiator himself certainly has NEVER had a feat like that in all of 616, so even if we ignore everything else and considering it a 616 feat I'd still call it an outlier for him.

  15. #60
    Extraordinary Member Pendaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    It's from an alternate timeline, from Earth-8810, not 616 it's a universe from where Galactus died and was revived by an alternate version of a Celestial and whose hunger intensified to the point of actually eating the universe as opposed to planets.

    Even if it was the future of 616 Earth, it split off into it's own timeline and we have no idea how that affected any of the characters there, Gladiator himself certainly has NEVER had a feat like that in all of 616, so even if we ignore everything else and considering it a 616 feat I'd still call it an outlier for him.
    Except again, the actual comic books say that it is as shown in multiple scans. The entire point is that it was the future of 616 earth at the time.

    I can also tell you how it affected any of the characters there: They were all nullified out of existence. Time bubble and its contents no more. It's not like they're still around to be changed.

    The current argument against deciding multiple comic pages did not happen is... an appendix entry, and completely ignoring those scans.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 08-05-2020 at 10:59 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •