Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    It will never happen. He's had a grudge against Marvel even longer than his grudge against DC.
    I realized this when I made the statement. I applied the infinitesimal chance Moore would actually do it to my total disdain for such a team-up and made my bold statement.

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Miracleman already had an appearance in MU, decades ago in the Captain Britain title.
    Which was actually the first time he used the name Miracleman. The "real" version didn't have his name changed to Miracleman until two years later when Eclipse Comics was forced to change it when they brought the book to America because Marvel Comics objected to his original name of Marvelman.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    It will never happen. He's had a grudge against Marvel even longer than his grudge against DC.
    You never know. Moore's ABC line was published by DC after he said he'd never work for them.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    You never know. Moore's ABC line was published by DC after he said he'd never work for them.
    That's because he made the ABC deal with Jim Lee's Wildstorm studios right before Jim sold the studio to DC. After Lee's deal went through. Moore insisted that they don't advertise any DC's other books in his titles.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I wonder if MM will get a new color scheme whenever his Marvel title is launched. He reminds me so much of Ikaris.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I wonder if MM will get a new color scheme whenever his Marvel title is launched. He reminds me so much of Ikaris.
    I can't imagine Marvel bought MiracleMan only to change his look straight away. I'm guessing Ikaris will get a new costume to synch with the MCU version anyway.

All-New Member

But back to the original question, to wit: Presumably Gaiman & Buckingham had a plan for a complete 6-issue "Silver Age" story. They had published parts 1 & 2 in issues 23 & 24 of the old Eclipse Miracleman series, and a few pages of issue 25 had "escaped" into the public eye.

On the last page of the ln the last published issue of Marvel's reprints "Miracleman by Gaiman & Buckingham" #6 (2016), they teased "Miracleman: The Silver Age by Neil Gaiman & Mark Buckingham, The era of the children of God, ON SALE MARCH 2ND, Book five begins!Miracleman by Gaiman & Buckingham #6 (2016) - Page 40.jpg"

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Contraction due to Covid likely delays every project that's out there. But who knows, maybe the Knull event will introduce a development that leads to the Miracleman alternate universe becoming more directly involved in 616?

Extraordinary Member

I Keep forgetting Marvel and Disney have the rights to this character

I want some more Miracle Man merchandise like t-shirts, mugs, hats, and posters. I'm not super hung up on new comics appearances. Especially taking into account the "self contained universe" of Miracleman, I'm not interested in trying to merge his continuity with 616. I don't know what lessons he would have to offer the 616 heroes about what all he has been through.