Only ever read this sporadically but I figured that since we’re in a bit of a lull period, now was the time to read the whole thing start to finish:

Just finished the first trade and so far: It’s as good as I remember. It’s been a long time since I watched Smallville so some references escape me, but overall it’s very easy to read even for someone not familiar with the show (although you’d need to do some background reading on characters like Tess and Chole). We pick up six months after where the series finale ended, and Clark is settling into his role as Superman. He and Lois are together (although their marriage keeps getting put off until later), he’s at the Planet, his actions saving Earth from Apokolips have helped establish him as a worldwide hero, even though there are holdouts like Lex and the US government who don’t entirely trust him. Others like Lexcorp’s new space shuttle pilot Hank Henshaw want him to do more. The first volume is a good build up with Lex scoring his first big win over Superman (that also showcases what a selfish Dick he is beneath all the grandstanding), hinting at the Crisis to come, and establishing Hank Henshaw as this version of Cyborg Superman. There’s good integration of Smallville continuity like Dr. Hamilton and Dr. Swan. Miller is clearly trying to walk a balancing act between the Smallville iterations of the characters, and the more mainline versions and I think overall he does a great job. Pity we never got him on the mainline books. Looking forward to the next volume.