Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Voting rights too! An issue that needs to be prioritized and remedied!!
    Lol I can believe I forgot that part that how long I have been in the states now. My mind is lock into fact that I can vote now here that clean forgot about that. Yeah at 3 million plus PR population is bigger than 21 states it is pretty silly that many citizens plus Guam,American Samoa,US Virgin Islands,etc can't vote.

Back on topic It is nice to see CeCe getting some love, She has one of the most useful jobs for hero I don't understand how she fell out of being used.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Lol I can believe I forgot that part that how long I have been in the states now. My mind is lock into fact that I can vote now here that clean forgot about that. Yeah at 3 million plus PR population is bigger than 21 states it is pretty silly that many citizens plus Guam,American Samoa,US Virgin Islands,etc can't vote.

Back on topic It is nice to see CeCe getting some love, She has one of the most useful jobs for hero I don't understand how she fell out of being used.
    Yes! Back on topic. I always loved how her force field was first realized by Carlos Pacheco.

gcsnscjtiykkt3h5hcpv copy.jpg

The way it was just a few inches from her skin and only appeared in the places that were impacted... such a cool visual. Like a second skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I am going to put a clarification here we aren't technically American citizens . We ARE American citizens from birth the only difference is that I can't run for president because of you have to be born on the mainland US to do that. Everything else is exactly the same except for that one thing for US territories. Also while Spanish is the main language, 65% of population can speak English.
    Uh? I didn't imply otherwise, I know Puerto Ricans are American citizens by birth, I was talking about the personal experience I have with them (my uncle is Puerto Rican) in that they still feel like immigrants in the US due to cultural/linguistic differences.
    Getting back to Cece, I still think Pacheco was the best artist to draw her, he was her cocreator, no?
    Last edited by Technopriest; 08-11-2020 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    Getting back to Cece, I still think Pacheco was the best artist to draw her, he was her cocreator, no?
    Hard to say since you had to get your info from Wizard Magazine lol. He definitely drew her first issues, but as to who created and designed her? Wiki says Pacheco so I'll go with that. I wouldn't be totally surprised if it was both him and JoeMad.

Speaking of which, does anyone recall an Operation Zero Tolerance promo/ad that appeared in the comics that had Cecilia and Iceman and they looked all dramatic/romantic? I feel like she was wearing a different uniform and I want to check out that pic again lol. It's not the panel from issue #67 where he kisses her to disguise their identities. And it's not the poster where she has a zorro mask...

Hard to say since you had to get your info from Wizard Magazine lol. He definitely drew her first issues, but as to who created and designed her? Wiki says Pacheco so I'll go with that. I wouldn't be totally surprised if it was both him and JoeMad.
    Every site I looked at list Lobdell and Pacheco as her creators, so I'll go with that.
    Wizard....hahahaha I still have some of my issues from the 90s, the rise of the internet pretty much killed that magazine.

Speaking of which, does anyone recall an Operation Zero Tolerance promo/ad that appeared in the comics that had Cecilia and Iceman and they looked all dramatic/romantic? I feel like she was wearing a different uniform and I want to check out that pic again lol. It's not the panel from issue #67 where he kisses her to disguise their identities. And it's not the poster where she has a zorro mask...
    I do, although I can't seem to find it online. I really feel that Lobdell was trying to set up Cece and Bobby as a couple, but then he left and that was that.
    Last edited by Technopriest; 08-11-2020 at 10:39 PM.

Every site I looked at list Lobdell and Pacheco as her creators, so I'll go with that.
    Wizard....hahahaha I still have some of my issues from the 90s, the rise of the internet pretty much killed that magazine.
    I wish I still had my copies of Wizard. The year leading up to the first X-Men movie... I bought way too many issues just to see stills from the movie.

I do, although I can't seem to find it online. I really feel that Lobdell was trying to set up Cede and Bobby as a couple, but then he left and that was that.
    He was definitely setting that up from their first few issues together. Joe Kelly seemed to have dropped that in favor of Beast. They had some minor flirtations and then years later CC ran with it for X-Men: The End.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

You know I never knew Cecilia kept her name she was given at birth because of her black/lationo heritage. I thought it was because she didn't want to be a superhero. I'm pretty sure thats it. Kind of like Pete Wisdom.

I would like her to have a actual superhero name though. And a costume unique to her.

Wow it was exciting seeing so much discussion for her over the last few days and now she's spoilers:
    dead. Killed in X-Force. They better bring her back fast
    end of spoilers

lol I shouldn't have read that spoiler

I'm intrigued about Cecelia's beliefs about the resurrection process. Puerto-Rican Catholics have an interesting struggle? balancing devout religion, spirituality, cultural beliefs and practice. My family is all over the place with this. I'm also curious how Idie feels about this process as well. Nightcrawler is not the only religious mutant.

She's interacted with Kurt directly in terms of religion and I dont recall her being portrayed as being religious at all

Incredible Member

Why are you assuming she is catholic? has this been stated? Not all latinos are religious, am venezuelan and an atheist, there are a bunch of african religions in the caribbean (santerķa) and a huge new age movement whith people like Walter Mercado.

One time when she was working at the hospital, Daredevil came to her for medical treatment. If she was to have discussed religion, that would have been an issue for it. I don't care enough to look, but that's a lead for someone who wishes to investigate.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!