Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Wow it was exciting seeing so much discussion for her over the last few days and now she's spoilers:
    dead. Killed in X-Force. They better bring her back fast
    end of spoilers
    IMHO, was stupid, giving her powers. I just rolled my eyes when it happened.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    IMHO, was stupid, giving her powers. I just rolled my eyes when it happened.
    I mean if her power activate on her own you have a point but if she has to think about it than it is perfectly reasonable

Amazing Member

If she had been snuck up on, I would have bought it. But if she had time to SAY a full sentence, she definitely had time to form a barrier. Silly stuff.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by shadowbox View Post
    If she had been snuck up on, I would have bought it. But if she had time to SAY a full sentence, she definitely had time to form a barrier. Silly stuff.
    XForce just likes to kill people so they can be immediately brought back. In some cases it’s okay and in others no. To be Domino was way more competent to let herself be captured like that. Quire gets killed every issues now. You think he’d learn to be more careful. And Sage letting herself get killed, along with Cecilia? Seriously.

But as long as they learn from this I’m cool.

Her official Marvel bio said her force-field can be triggered both subconsciously and intentionally. So yeah, in this case either way would have been the more appropriate reaction/result. Just such dumb characterization this issue.

To me, she been hanging with X-Men long enough it should be second nature to make a force field. She proved fast enough to stop Wild Child when he attack Sage and her. Though Sage had to tell her to do it...lol
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

So how long do you think it will be till she pops up again bc I was liking her as the goto medical expert on Krakoa

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    So how long do you think it will be till she pops up again bc I was liking her as the goto medical expert on Krakoa
    I doubt they'll miss a beat and everyone'll be back once this current situation is stabilized. Unless this battle and Mikhail run into X of Swords, then I imagine after that. But Cecilia will probably just pop up in X-Factor anyway lol. Someone's gotta do autopsies and spout out science.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    To me, she been hanging with X-Men long enough it should be second nature to make a force field. She proved fast enough to stop Wild Child when he attack Sage and her. Though Sage had to tell her to do it...lol
    It's an automatic defense, Cecelia doesn't ned to do anything or she would have died immediately in Operation: Zero Tolerance.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    I doubt they'll miss a beat and everyone'll be back once this current situation is stabilized. Unless this battle and Mikhail run into X of Swords, then I imagine after that. But Cecilia will probably just pop up in X-Factor anyway lol. Someone's gotta do autopsies and spout out science.
    Good point... But, why would mutants need doctors of any sort when they can simply resurrect their dead ad nauseam? On another note -- considering that Cecilia's powers most closely resembles Susan Storm Richards' how should one compare the two one-on-one?

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Good point... But, why would mutants need doctors of any sort when they can simply resurrect their dead ad nauseam? On another note -- considering that Cecilia's powers most closely resembles Susan Storm Richards' how should one compare the two one-on-one?
    Being able to resurrect the dead doesn't mean that people won't get sick or hurt but yes this scenario does take a lot work out of being a doctor. This status quo didn't do a good enough job yet of making dying suck but give it time. If this status quo last for awhile I am willing to bet at some point they will discover that dying over and over has some sort of negative effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    On another note -- considering that Cecilia's powers most closely resembles Susan Storm Richards' how should one compare the two one-on-one?
    Invisible Woman's powers are pretty different and way more substantial. Love Cecilia, but Susan would wipe the floor with her in seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Invisible Woman's powers are pretty different and way more substantial. Love Cecilia, but Susan would wipe the floor with her in seconds.
    I think it's better if Cecilia remains more like Armor or Unuscione rather than full powerhouse like Susan. It gives space for more interesting uses of her powers (if Marvel started to care again) and powerhouses are boring imo. It could be used alongside her medical skills: in a SHIELD issue, they had Susan perform heart surgery with the help of a SHIELD medical agent and she created the instruments out of her force field, held veins to minimize bleeding and such.

susan.jpg

They could also have Cecilia use her force field to "feel" stuff so she can see what's wrong in a patient by "touching" his insides or a wound through micro force fields. Or something like that haha. They just have to be a bit creative.

I'd rather see this than uberpowerful force fields. Someone with her medical knowledge and power, with more H2H training, could become a strong close ranged fighter.

Ultimate Member

They've shown her (unconsciously) creating force field blades to perforate some Neo punk, back in her early appearances, so it would be neat to differentiate her from Armor/Unuscione/Skids/Projecteur/etc. by diving into that niche and letting her refine her close up field-shaping to make blades, both as surgical tools, and for self-defense. I wouldn't want to expand her into the same directions that the others are already exploring (giant force-exoskeletons, for Armor, larger force field screens to protect multiple people, for Skids, etc.), so being able to reshape the close-up field around her into blades, or perhaps even tentacles to grapple others and restrain them, could be a neat tweak.

The fact that she feels impacts on her fields suggest that she can project her tactile senses through it, which means it could also be one hell of a surgical tool, or good to disarm a bomb from the inside, or whatever, since she could perhaps feel around inside of something (or someone...). *If* she can project her other senses through the field, that could have some minor benefits (being able to put a shielded hand around a corner and 'see' through it, or being able to see all around herself 360 degrees while her shield is up).

She doesn't need to be able to throw force fields at a range to be useful, and could even find some funky options to make a close range field useful. For instance, how close to her skin can it get, or how far away? Can she expand it when it's already formed? If so, with how much force does it expand? She could possibly leap high into the air by expanding the field beneath her feet from skintight to a foot, or even a meter, in a fraction of a second, hurling herself into the air. Simultaneously, she reshapes the top of the field to be more aerodynamic, and holds her arms out and expands the field in two flat planes on her sides, allowing her to glide a short distance, after leaping thirty feet into the air, with her own 'force field hang-glider.' It's not the power of flight, but it's darn handy to get around!

Similarly, expanding her field towards someone *as* she throws a punch could replicate the effects of Bruce Li's famous 'one inch punch' and send someone staggering back, as the force field's expansion delivers much more kinetic energy than her fist could.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    They've shown her (unconsciously) creating force field blades to perforate some Neo punk, back in her early appearances, so it would be neat to differentiate her from Armor/Unuscione/Skids/Projecteur/etc. by diving into that niche and letting her refine her close up field-shaping to make blades, both as surgical tools, and for self-defense. I wouldn't want to expand her into the same directions that the others are already exploring (giant force-exoskeletons, for Armor, larger force field screens to protect multiple people, for Skids, etc.), so being able to reshape the close-up field around her into blades, or perhaps even tentacles to grapple others and restrain them, could be a neat tweak.

The fact that she feels impacts on her fields suggest that she can project her tactile senses through it, which means it could also be one hell of a surgical tool, or good to disarm a bomb from the inside, or whatever, since she could perhaps feel around inside of something (or someone...). *If* she can project her other senses through the field, that could have some minor benefits (being able to put a shielded hand around a corner and 'see' through it, or being able to see all around herself 360 degrees while her shield is up).

She doesn't need to be able to throw force fields at a range to be useful, and could even find some funky options to make a close range field useful. For instance, how close to her skin can it get, or how far away? Can she expand it when it's already formed? If so, with how much force does it expand? She could possibly leap high into the air by expanding the field beneath her feet from skintight to a foot, or even a meter, in a fraction of a second, hurling herself into the air. Simultaneously, she reshapes the top of the field to be more aerodynamic, and holds her arms out and expands the field in two flat planes on her sides, allowing her to glide a short distance, after leaping thirty feet into the air, with her own 'force field hang-glider.' It's not the power of flight, but it's darn handy to get around!

Similarly, expanding her field towards someone *as* she throws a punch could replicate the effects of Bruce Li's famous 'one inch punch' and send someone staggering back, as the force field's expansion delivers much more kinetic energy than her fist could.
    Yes to all of these! I'd love for her to use surgical tools as weapons.