Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Invisible Woman's powers are pretty different and way more substantial. Love Cecilia, but Susan would wipe the floor with her in seconds.
    I have no doubt Susan would wipe the floor with her... I was thinking more along the lines of practical application. For example we know that susan can relatively fly using her force field -- is in within the realm of reason that Cecelia can eventually learn do that or something like this with her force field?

Last edited by Micabe; 08-16-2020 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Good point... But, why would mutants need doctors of any sort when they can simply resurrect their dead ad nauseam? On another note -- considering that Cecilia's powers most closely resembles Susan Storm Richards' how should one compare the two one-on-one?
    Because not every injury or ailment will result in death.

All we need right now is for someone to make keyboard layout or translator for that Krakoan language

When Psylocke and her were rescuing Velocidad, Psylocke hacked Cecelia's powers to make a large barrier around them and seal off the room. Her powers are pretty formidable... when used properly. Very similar to Invisible Woman... but in Amber/Yellow.

ooooh...

There's another... "Amber" as her Krakoan name... for protection or seal.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniacal View Post
    When Psylocke and her were rescuing Velocidad, Psylocke hacked Cecelia's powers to make a large barrier around them and seal off the room. Her powers are pretty formidable... when used properly. Very similar to Invisible Woman... but in Amber/Yellow.

ooooh...

Ooh Amber is pretty cool, I like it a lot.

I dont like the idea of a common first name being used as her codename

BANNED

ooooh...

Yes I ship it

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont like the idea of a common first name being used as her codename
    Google Amber... The search results do not readily bring up "Amber" as a common first name
    Last edited by Micabe; 08-16-2020 at 03:53 PM.

I have no doubt Susan would wipe the floor with her... I was thinking more along the lines of practical application. For example we know that susan can relatively fly using her force field -- is in within the realm of reason that Cecelia can eventually learn do that or something like this with her force field?
    That's kind of what I was getting at. As far as we know, Cecilia can't do a lot of the things that the Invisible Woman can do because she doesn't project her force-field independent of her body and rather it manifests radially around herself (and others near her). It's always been shown as an extension of her. Cecilia's field is in a way a part of her body and she feels tactile pain when it comes into contact with something.

The Invisible Woman can project her fields anywhere and use them as projectiles, set up barriers to cage/hold/trap things, make platforms for travel/levitation... things like that.
    Last edited by superjosh; 08-16-2020 at 04:01 PM.

Yes I ship it

Google Amber... The search results do not readily bring up "Amber" as a common first name
    But it is. Dont like it

In my example above. Cecelia’s powers were used to seal off a room and prevent Velocidad from leaving.

In my example above. Cecelia’s powers were used to seal off a room and prevent Velocidad from leaving.
    Yes, but still within proximity to Cecilia. Can we just drop this? Her powers are super different from Invisible Woman's. Also, the INVISIBLE part.

But I will note that it's always interesting when a psychic kick starts someone else's power. It never completely makes sense that somehow they would be able to use it better than what the person already knows... since that would mean being an expert in ALL mutant powers, but always fun to see!

Mighty Member

The thing is CeCe has not even tapped into the the full extent of her powers. Outside of her battling the NEO, CeCe has not even pushed her powers nor has she used them to their logical full extent. A good writer can do loads with her powers especially when you consider how she could use them to save lives, and more offensively.

Yes! I'm all for Cecilia being more proactive in training. She's never wanted to be active in the field, so maybe the bright side of this inane death will be her wanting to train more.

I think it would be best to not describe her powers as completely subconscious because then that would limit her physical contact. And as far as we know she's never mentioned having any issue with that (like Rogue's situation, as I mentioned before). So then she could start training in more conscious and fine-tuned use. The plus side of her having basically had no development in 20+ years is that they can take her powers anywhere as long as they do it logically.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Because not every injury or ailment will result in death.
    Sure. But at a certain point, wouldn’t “death then rebirth” on Krakoa just be...better?

Take a broken leg, for example. Rather “simple”, and not usually life-threatening. With a recovery period of 6+ weeks...isn’t dying just more efficient?