Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Flash, Atlantis, Doom Patrol, Seven Soldiers, Olympus family (Azzarello's) would all be neat.

This topic makes me sad b/c I used to build lego sets w/ my ex-gf's daughters... but no longer...
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Imagine Lego CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS!

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Amazing Member

Superman vs. Doomsday, Azzarello's Olympus family, Emotional corps and entities, Flash vs. Rogues, Aquaman/Mera vs. Ocean Master/Black Manta, Black Adam, Doom Patrol, Crime Syndicate...

and no more Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post

That would be pretty damn awesome!

I get most of the LEGO DC and Marvel sets, I wish the DC sets branched out more than just Batman (Marvel seems to be fine doing it but I guess they have more movie appeal). That being said we have got some great DC Minifigures though, here's a photo of a Superhero minifig display I made from an IKEA picture frame, haven't added recent Guardians of Galaxy purchases yet, and sadly Hulk does not fit

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Thanagar with Hawkman and Hawkwoman.

Shazam Family:

Billy Batson, Captain Marvel (call him Shazam if you must), Cap Jr., Mary Marvel, Sivana, Black Adam, Tawky Tawny, The Wizard.

Playsets: Rock Of Eternity, Sivana's lab.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahzian View Post
    That would be pretty damn awesome!

I get most of the LEGO DC and Marvel sets, I wish the DC sets branched out more than just Batman (Marvel seems to be fine doing it but I guess they have more movie appeal). That being said we have got some great DC Minifigures though, here's a photo of a Superhero minifig display I made from an IKEA picture frame, haven't added recent Guardians of Galaxy purchases yet, and sadly Hulk does not fit

Yeah I think the movies help, my only problem is that sets based on movies tend to be pretty boring.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

The Lego Rise of the Vampires playset, based on the I,Vampire and JLD crossover.

This set contains not only shirtless vampire people minifigures to draw in that demographic, but also a Lego Justice League Dark (seriously - who wouldn't want Constantine and Deadman minifigures?) and of course MORE BATMAN MINIFIGURES!!!!!

I also wouldn't mind seeing sets for The Sandman, All-Star Western, and Earth-2 made in my little dream world...
    Last edited by Hilden B. Lade; 08-15-2014 at 01:23 PM.

BANNED

I am mostly a minimate collector (say what you will, but as far as block figures figures go Minimates triumph all) but alas, DC Direct cancelled the DC line waaaay too early (let's hope that DC Collectibles corrects that) so I have to turn to Lego for my DC fix. Sets I'd like to see, hmmm....

1)Wayne Manor plus Batcave as a Modular (let's hope that the Lego Ideas Manor becomes a reality).
    2)Legion of Doom base. I'd loooooove a comleted Legion of Doom plus their HQ in all their glory.
    3)A hyper detailed Watchtower.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post

love it
    Haven't bought Lego since I was a kid but I'll be making an exception for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    I am mostly a minimate collector (say what you will, but as far as block figures figures go Minimates triumph all) but alas, DC Direct cancelled the DC line waaaay too early (let's hope that DC Collectibles corrects that) so I have to turn to Lego for my DC fix. Sets I'd like to see, hmmm....

1)Wayne Manor plus Batcave as a Modular (let's hope that the Lego Ideas Manor becomes a reality).
    2)Legion of Doom base. I'd loooooove a comleted Legion of Doom plus their HQ in all their glory.
    3)A hyper detailed Watchtower.
    I'm not sure what a minimate is (I guess it's a small figure?) . Heroclix has minifigures on top combat dials which you can play on maps with friends. Nice to collect if one can spare the budget.

A legion of doom base. Now that would be awesome.

I'd love an Aquaman one with Mera, Black Manta, and Ocean Master

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post

holy collections batman! that will be expensive to collect.

an earth 3 sub-set wold be cool though. ultraman, johnny quick, power ring, owl man, superwoman.... on a devastated metropolis play set...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    I'm not sure what a minimate is (I guess it's a small figure?) . Heroclix has minifigures on top combat dials which you can play on maps with friends. Nice to collect if one can spare the budget.

A legion of doom base. Now that would be awesome.
    Minimates are block figures, meaning they are normal figures but with the block/lego aesthetic. The difference is that Minimates aren't restricted by any rules so they can still make guns and all that (hell, we now have Kill Bill and Pulp Fiction mates). Plus, they have 14 points of articulation so they move much, much, better than lego, while also having a lot more detail. It's basically a shrunken down 6 inch fig. Now don't get me wrong, I still love the lego figs but I'm not going to buy any marvel sets since I already have close to 2000 marvel mates. But the DC ones I try to buy them all since we currently don't have any DC minis.

The problem I have with Lego though is that nowadays the sets aren't "sets". You get a spaceship or a car, plus some figures and that's it. I want real sets, with floors and rooms and many pieces and various other things. I don't want vehicles.

I would love it if they had blind bagged superhero series (like the blind bagged minifigure series and recent simpsons series). Both Marvel and DC series would make me ecstatic, they could plow through a lot of characters / variations that way and they wouldn't need to shoehorn them into movie tie in sets. Also while I enjoy building the sets they are mostly a bonus for me as my goal is the minifigures, that being said though I built the new Guardians of the Galaxy Milano ship today and it is AMAZING, usually I put the sets in storage but that one is staying out on display.