Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WINDRIDER View Post
    Thanks Kyss & O ! My favorite page of the preview ...

It makes you wonder why this didn't happen years ago. I didn't see much stock in the Scott/Jean/Logan love triangle when I Wolverine and Storm have had such chemistry for years. Either way this looks to be an interesting story that will have us all crying come issue #4.
    You are most welcome love. I must say I never was a fan of the relationship even back in the tags days when professor x was killed and they were a couple in alternate future, but I like what I see here. I also like what pak has done here with questions fans have with the character. She has been wall paper, a mouse in many instances and though we know this is due to bad writing or little interest in character he was able to twistthat to her keeping her emotions hled tight. But she is now getting tired of doing that. Though creep was the catalyst that started this "badgurl" surfacing im hoping ssomething pushes her all the way over where she does things her way. But 'll really excited now fir #2

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    Missed you.

o
    As have I u love

Kysses

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Do you guys remember the previews to Storm #4? Storm and Yukio are going to team up to take care of some of Logan's unfinished business. I believe whatever it is Storm is going to finish for Logan after his death is precisely the situation that he is leaving Storm to confront right in those preview pages. Its a "secret mission". Its a great way for Pak to introduce the story arc for issues 4 and 5.
    Ah didn't connect that dot but I think you could be right. I was thinking he was sneaking off to be with his other team when he was working for The Offer. But thinking back, based on Wolverine #10, this would have had to take place prior to him joining that underground criminal group since by the time he started on that team he had already told Ororo that he they couldn't see each other anymore. And I believe he later explained to Storm that he hooked up Punch after things between the two of them ended.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

I knew Greg Pak would give us great RoLo. They've always been kindred souls, it just takes the right writer to get to their depths.
    Last edited by Darkholder; 08-14-2014 at 08:11 PM.

BANNED

Wow! It looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkholder View Post
    I knew Greg Pak would give us great RoLo. They always been kindred soul it just takes the right writer to get to their depths.
    Agreed. I have never really been a RoLo shipper but have always been OK with their pairing because I think they always had such good chemistry. Should have officially happened years ago and I quite pleased with the way Pak is presenting their relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by WINDRIDER View Post
    Agreed. I have never really been a RoLo shipper but have always been OK with their pairing because I think they always had such good chemistry. Should have officially happened years ago and I quite pleased with the way Pak is presenting their relationship.
    Yeah, most writers on the X-men suck at writing romantic relationships. They always make it about one person over the other instead of making it about two equal and mature people.

BANNED

I have to say this is the most well developed adult relationship I have seen Marvel do to date and that includes Reed and Sue.

o

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    I have to say this is the most well developed adult relationship I have seen Marvel do to date and that includes Reed and Sue.

o
    Yes I like they are both very comfortable with not having any strings attached but genuinely care about each other deeply, aren't letting events in their lives come between them, and respect each other's personalities (no manipulation BS going on) and their need to handle things on their own.

Another thing I like is Wolverine highlighting the gravity of Storm's decision to intervene in Santo Marco. While she did the right thing, and inspired the people to revolt i get the feeling that this incident will get revisited in an impactful way for Storm.

Storm says, "Hell, yeah???" In Uncanny 24 she said, "I'm coming with." Is it just me, or does it feel like the writers don't have her voice quite right? She's always spoken formally, even when she went through her first rebellious mohawk phase way back in Uncanny 173. Times change, but speech patterns not as much. Am I the only one a little thrown off by this?

Besides the slang gripe, this looks like another great issue.

Quote Originally Posted by JRR View Post
    Storm says, "Hell, yeah???" In Uncanny 24 she said, "I'm coming with." Is it just me, or does it feel like the writers don't have her voice quite right? She's always spoken formally, even when she went through her first rebellious mohawk phase way back in Uncanny 173. Times change, but speech patterns not as much. Am I the only one a little thrown off by this?

I'm sure they are purposefully trying to make her sound a bit younger and more relatable. I love the classical Storm-speak, but hardly anyone has written her speaking that way for a decade now.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

You're not the only one. I noticed this as well but just ignored it since it is minor over all, but it did stand out to me as not really fitting her way of speaking.

*rolls around in quality writing*

now this is the 'Ro I remember from the beginning, with added experience. There was a lot that threw me off about Ororo/Logan but that was 100% due to my issues with later comics + the dynamics of Schism + Logan being spread too thin over too many books. With a good writer at the helm their natural chemistry comes right out-- they really feel like a pair of teammates who have known one another for ages. I'm sorry to see this 'ship being split up by the grim reaper just as it was starting to interest me.
    “You know how it is: as soon as you decide to forget something, your brain comes to the conclusion that it's the most fascinating thing in the world.” -- Jane Yolen, probably not talking about superhero comics

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Pak writes a good dynamic with Logan and Ororo.

I'm in

I didnt mind the profanity as much. Yea she has always spoken formally but she is with a friend having a good time and having fun. I like an Ororo who isnt uptight and can let her hair down when appropriate. I mean she was a street urchin so im sure he has heard and seen a lot in her day. So all in all not her traditional voice but i dont think its a bad thing in the context of the panel.