Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Always Rakzo

Default DCeased: Dead Planet #2 Discussion/Spoilers

This is as Tom Taylor as it gets.

What do I mean by that? Is that this issue is full of shock value to the point is that is not even "shocking" and it gets quite predictable and boring to be honest. First you open with a segment that automatically kills Roy Harper (as if he hasn't suffered enough in pretty much every continuity already), Swamp Thing swearing, heroes getting killed in the most brutal ways left and right. Yes, yes, I understand that this is a zombie story and believe me, I love zombie stories and the gore they provide at times but this almost feels like a parody of such and Taylor's work as a whole.

There are still some nice character moments here and there which can also be... off (I don't think the dynamic between Damian and Jason would work the way Taylor portrayed it if they were in their true personalities) but even if they were executed properly, they would still be too few in a sea of pointless bloodfest.

Trevor Hairsine returns to art duties and he's still pretty fitting for the book thanks to his purposely rough style that depicts every violent moment with a lot of detail.

Yeah, didn't like this one. Hope the next one offers more depth.

Well guess I’m going to be the one who says he liked it, which should be no surprise from me really. For me it’s more DCeased and more Tom Taylor so if you can accept it as it is you’ll have a good time. If I have any complaints it’s that this is issue 2 and still no sign of Wallace...but apparently Red Tornado is here. Like legitimately I didn’t expect him to be on the ship with the rest of the League, I feel like maybe the robot man should have been sent out first on the zombie infested planet but hey I figured Taylor wants to focus on his main players.

A few things I want to note
    spoilers:

- The Damian and Jason reunion was what I wanted since Unkillables so I was glad we got it.

- Was not expecting Cassie and Damian to be a thing, I know Taylor teased it but I thought it was a joke. I’ll need to see more development to know how to feel about it

-this better mean Diana is down for good, I’ve seen two series so far where she has been a slaughterhouse if she’s still around to kill our heroes I don’t know what will happen

-Holy crud was I caught off guard by the plastic man reveal

-Finally I want to know who our villains in Australia are, apparently Taylor is hinting they are somehow worse then the undead and I guess they either have some sort of shield or control over them? I mean Plastic Man was pretending to be a blood moat instead of on the attack so something is going on there.
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I enjoyed the issue. This is an alternate world so can't say what relationship's between the batfamily was like. This world's Bruce made a his batsuit from cloth [apparently] so... who's to say what else is different.

Wasn't expecting Roy to play a major role anyway so wasn't as big a deal as Ollie in the 1st issue.

While the part where Jason and Cass reunite with Damian was nice, the Shadow Pact part... Yeah. Such is my love/hate relationship with Tom Taylor's works.

So any idea who the people in Australia are supposed to be? I assume most conventional villains have either died or like Luthor and the Unkillables villains have moved past selfish motives based on the bigger picture of the end of the world.

The bunker to me didn’t look very familiar but whoever is there not only has access to the green or a manipulation of plant life that it worried Swamp Thing. Last but not least was the plastic man moat, the undead anti-life plastic man didn’t attack the fort, instead he was the moat around it that only attacked once the shadowpact flew over. I’m not sure who it could be but given the fact that New Genesis/New Gods were referenced in future solicits I assumed it might be connected.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So any idea who the people in Australia are supposed to be? I assume most conventional villains have either died or like Luthor and the Unkillables villains have moved past selfish motives based on the bigger picture of the end of the world.

The bunker to me didn’t look very familiar but whoever is there not only has access to the green or a manipulation of plant life that it worried Swamp Thing. Last but not least was the plastic man moat, the undead anti-life plastic man didn’t attack the fort, instead he was the moat around it that only attacked once the shadowpact flew over. I’m not sure who it could be but given the fact that New Genesis/New Gods were referenced in future solicits I assumed it might be connected.
    Was Waller killed? It could be her and her cohorts. Also that didn't look like a Bunker and more like a prison.

Still i liked this issue, i felt bad that Roy was killed without not reuniting with Dinah, Jason and Olly.

I knew the moment Swamp Thing came with a mission it would go sideways for Constantine and the Shadowpact but i think its safe to say that he will more than likely survive and ST and Bobo die.

Also anyone else think that they will discover the cure, fix Olly and with that the Anti Life Equation sends Superman to stop them?

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Was Waller killed? It could be her and her cohorts. Also that didn't look like a Bunker and more like a prison.

Still i liked this issue, i felt bad that Roy was killed without not reuniting with Dinah, Jason and Olly.

I knew the moment Swamp Thing came with a mission it would go sideways for Constantine and the Shadowpact but i think its safe to say that he will more than likely survive and ST and Bobo die.

Also anyone else think that they will discover the cure, fix Olly and with that the Anti Life Equation sends Superman to stop them?
    I assumed Waller got nuked by Captain Atom with the rest of Washington, DC but given that this is the dc universe who is to say that Waller didn’t somehow make it out.

Also yeah I assume Ollie is the one they test the cure on, given that he’s the only infected they have contained by Dinah. Also maybe, I’ve been worried that golden sun undead Superman will be coming eventually.
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

It was ok up until the dead where they just decided to do a blood bath for no good reason. Roy really cant catch a break though can he? It was nice to see Fire get to come out and get some page time though....I assume that was her.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    It was ok up until the dead where they just decided to do a blood bath for no good reason. Roy really cant catch a break though can he? It was nice to see Fire get to come out and get some page time though....I assume that was her.
    Haven't they been doing bloodbaths with and without reason in all the series? At least that's my take on it. It was, though i wonder what happened to Ice, is she undead or did she escape in time?

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I assumed Waller got nuked by Captain Atom with the rest of Washington, DC but given that this is the dc universe who is to say that Waller didn’t somehow make it out.

Also yeah I assume Ollie is the one they test the cure on, given that he’s the only infected they have contained by Dinah. Also maybe, I’ve been worried that golden sun undead Superman will be coming eventually.
    That is a likely scenario, the outcome though, now that is the question.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Haven't they been doing bloodbaths with and without reason in all the series? At least that's my take on it. It was, though i wonder what happened to Ice, is she undead or did she escape in time?
    I skipped the original DCeased lol so no idea.

That is a likely scenario, the outcome though, now that is the question.
    It is quite obvious, more than anything
    However, I really think that instead of being a rampaging crazy zombie, the sun radiation he consumed will get him free of the Anti-life disease, calling it now

If Zombie Superman Prime is actually going to be a thing, I don't see any other method of defeating it than if the real Superman Prime shows up from the DC One Million world and takes it out for them.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    If Zombie Superman Prime is actually going to be a thing, I don't see any other method of defeating it than if the real Superman Prime shows up from the DC One Million world and takes it out for them.
    I mean unfortunately Jon is out of commission for a little bit, but there are some forces that could...well maybe hold him off would be the better term then stopping him.

I mean there is the Magic/Kryptonite Sword, Krypto the super dog could be of use, Cassie as Wonder Woman is available, Mary Marvel and Doctor Fate are alive for now, Firestorm could be of some use with his manipulation powers and.... I guess that’s about it. I don’t think there is much Damian, Jason, Cassandra, Rose, Black Lightning and his daughters, Hawkgirl, Mera, Red Tornado, Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn, and somewhere Wallace (seriously he could show up in the background somewhere) can really do to him in that state.
    Words to live by.

oh wow...umm, I'm going to just spoil box this on a text-less preview for issue 3, as it kind of ruins issue 2's ending just a bit. Just as with anything if you want to know read the spoilers, if not don't do it and wait.

spoilers:
    So hey it looks like the only dead members of the Shadowpact are Blue Devil and Ragman. Turns out Swamp Thing made a literal mudball and so John, Zatanna, Detective Chimp, and Swamp Thing are all still alive....in the belly of an undead Plastic Man. Yeah I'll be honest I wish they hadn't shown that, but you know I saw it so what can you do.

https://www.gamesradar.com/things-ge...net-3-preview/

end of spoilers
    Words to live by.