Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
LOL, no. DC Started forgiving Slade for what he did instantly - which was also part of Wolfman's original plan since he was the one that actually started writing it. The Judas Contract ended with Slade and Garfield sitting down in a diner and Wolfman had Slade explain to Gar - to the audience - that Terra had always been bad and there was nothing redeeming about her and that she would've done bad shit even without him and that because of that, when all things were said and done, he was not to be at fault for anything that happened with Terra. That's what Wolfman wanted us to believe. It wasn't correct.

And the fact of the matter is that Terra should be a sympathetic character when looked at through a critical lens as both a fan and as another creator. The sociopathic angle wasn't and still isn't interesting.
That actually didn't happen in the Judas Contract itself. it was a few arcs later, after Perez left to do COIE. Within the Judas Contract itself, both are treated as villains and Slade is arrested.

I agree that Wolfman's attempting to write Slade as sympathetic and putting all the blame on Terra to the point that the Titans forgive him is batshit and poor writing, and precisely where the character went wrong. But I don't think Terra needing to be sympathetic is a "fact" at all, even if I prefer versions like the cartoon. They just shouldn't have overdone it in the aftermath by absolving Slade, they should have just left them both as bad people.