Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Worst character costumes/designs ever

dc and marvel had some pretty spectacular fails through out its history. lets focus on DC though. this isn't meant to be a bashing thread just some fun and teasing. only rules i could think of for this thread is it has to be DC and it has to be terrible. feel free to put revamped costumes in here. wonder woman has a few terrible ones. ill start out with this awesome picture of Tyroc. plenty of old LOSH costumes can be put in this thread so I'm going with my favorite.

Last edited by Robotman; 06-09-2015 at 05:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    im not familiar with this one. but I'm only now getting back into DC comics. please don't tell me thats the new black canary

Quote Originally Posted by call.me.kato View Post
    im not familiar with this one. but I'm only now getting back into DC comics. please don't tell me thats the new black canary
    Raven.......

The rest I can live with.

Retired

The redesign for Zatanna was pretty bad--

Any redesign for her is wrong-headed since the original design is so darned good--it's not crying out to be replaced.

The Tyroc outfit is fun. The reason why it's problematic has to do with the character. On someone else (like Elvis) it could work. There were other LSH redesigns in the '70s that bothered me a lot more. Cosmic Boy comes to mind.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by call.me.kato View Post
    dc and marvel had some pretty spectacular fails through out its history. lets focus on DC though. this isn't meant to be a bashing thread just some fun and teasing. only rules i could think of for this thread is it has to be DC and it has to be terrible. feel free to put revamped costumes in here. wonder woman has a few terrible ones. ill start out with this awesome picture of Tyroc. plenty of old LOSH costumes can be put in this thread so I'm going with my favorite.
    I would only wear that if I was a male stripper.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post

I actually liked these costumes.

I could not stand Robin the Boy Wonder's (Neon the Boy Target) and Wonder Woman's original costumes. I also hated Superman & Batman's outer-underwear.

It's all subjective.

BANNED

Anything designed by George Perez is likely to be horrible. I'm shocked that he's responsible for Raven's original design, as it's simple and interesting.

"In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

BANNED

Losh, they have the most stupid and corniest costumes.

Most of the New 52 Teen Titan redesigns.

Flash's new, Brett Booth designed, costume is just way too busy and an eyesore to look at for me. The colors don't work well together on that suit.

I do not like T-shirt and jeans Superman and probably never will, though I get why it appeals to people.

Compared to her classic costume, which she's basically gone back to for her new series, Black Canary's first Earth-0 suit was pretty bleh.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post

The rest I can live with.
    I'm actually quite fond of these looks. I loved Tom Grumett's original Arsenal costume, and was really sad it lasted so shortly, being substituted for the bland shades and shoulder pads one. Diana's wrestler look is also very cool, IMHO, but only works with the jacket. And while I'll agree that Troia's is kind of too busy, I think that with some tweaking it could have been a perfectly good new look for Donna.

Peace

I'm actually a big fan of Canary's 80's Olivia Newton John "Let's Get Physical" look.

Ravens is really one of the ugliest thing I've ever seen. Not a fan of most of the New 52 redesigns.

Peace

Pretty much anything since 2011 that has a high collar or very noticeable seams or armor plating or excessive amount of pouches.
    And Raven.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.