Things are getting more interesting but also offer some problems.

Tom King brings a new chapter where he continues the investigation surrounding Adam. The focus goes to Mister Terrific for the most part once again and I must say that I really dig the way King portrays him. Yes, yes, I have complained a lot of times in the past about "Tom King's themes over characterization" but I feel he gets a good handle at Michael here by depicting him as extremely intelligent, competent and driven which is pretty much how I see him.

The story progresses at a nice pace due that we explore more of the planet of Rann and how they're not going to tell Michael everything he needs to know which allows for a compelling look at how their society works and how war has changed their vision. It wouldn't be a Tom King story without depicting classic superheroics with a bleak look and this continues to be rather obvious with the parallels between the past and present segments except that this time the past is getting closer to the dark reality of the present and things are getting clearer about what's actually happening.

There are some issues as mentioned though and this comes with the portrayal of other classic characters. Hal Jordan appears here and King portrays him as someone who accepts too quickly the Guardians' commands and if you know something about his history is that this is completely wrong, especially because this is about him helping a friend and especially because King already wrote Hal before in an one-shot and I think he got him fine there (Repetition notwithstanding). Even worse is the portrayal of Superman though since King comes with the excuse that Clark can't help Adam because "He needs to save the most people in every planet" without realizing that Superman ALWAYS finds a way to help everyone, this doesn't come much of a surprise though considering how badly King handled Clark in, ugh, Heroes in Crisis.

Mitch Gerads and Doc Shaner remain in art duties and their work is still fitting during their respective segments with their realistic and semi-cartoony styles contrasting perfectly with the different perspectives.

Good read aside from the issues, hope the next one arrives soon.