Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Beat My "Name Composite"

Okay, using your first and last names only (i.e. if your name is "John Edward Clark Brown", you get the names "John" and "Brown"), you get to pick five characters from fiction to make up your composite.

The five characters must each have either the same first or last name as you.

You can then merge those characters into one being to create your composite.

I'll set some vague limits to avoid omnipotent characters being created.

Each individual character chosen:
    - Must be physically inferior to post-crisis Superman.
    - Must be less magically powerful than current Doctor Strange.
    - Must be telepathically inferior to Professor X.
    - Must have inferior reality-warping to Scarlet Witch.

To give you something to aim to beat, here's a quick attempt based on my name ("Kevin Stewart"). My composite being will have the powers of:
    - Kevin Green (Prime from the Ultraverse). Basically a flying Hulk.
    - John Stewart (DC Comics). A Green Lantern.
    - Stanley Stewart (Earth-712's Whizzer). Super-speed.
    - Kevin Connor (Marvel). A Star Brand wielder - superhuman attributes and massive energy manipulation abilities.
    - Kevin MacTaggert (Marvel's Proteus). An energy being with psionic powers and line-of-sight reality-warping abilities.

If you don't want to give your real name away, you're free to leave!

The problem with me is my last name is not common in fiction. Have guys with same last name who draw comic book people/etc. just not characters themselves.

First name is common though.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

"Munch": Not a lot of people I can think of with that name...

"King": Assuming titles don't count, that's a lot of dogs... I will have to do more research!!

EDIT: And apparently Google is too stupid to figure out that "aren't rulers that are NAMED King" doesn't mean I want a list of fictional Monarchs, so I've got nothin'.
    Last edited by The MunchKING; 08-04-2020 at 07:52 AM.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Just using my last name:

Wonder Man - Flying Diet Coke Class 100
    Jakeem Thunder - Wish-Making Reality-Warper

If a person's name being a part of a group instead of an individual is applicable, that potentially includes the Gods of Olympus.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

My last name gives me literally nothing, so it's all first name. And there... imma get pimp-slapped. :-)
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

The Recipe for Disaster Blackid's Avatar

Alright, here's what I could get....

My first name is not common, but my last name was in a few things:

Dan Caldwell - character from Andy Griffeth Show... just a small time country dude
    Patricia Caldwell - Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell:Conviction… president of the USA!
    Linus Caldwell - Ocean's Eleven... young dashing pickpocket looking like Matt Damon (smile)
    Richard "Ricky" Caldwell - Silent Night, Deadly Night 2+... young brother of the original killer Billy, born Chapman, insane killer
    Steven Caldwell - Stargate Atlantis... USAF colonel and commander of battlecruiser

So i'm a mentally insane killer, pickpocket, and commander who came from a small country town but grew up to become president of the United States.

I'll take it. (smile)
    The Recipe for Disaster asks for Blasphemy, but as for me, ask for me, I give it gravity.

I’ve never been happier to have been christened Lucifer Beyonder.

If only there were a way my middle name Blackagar could be used, but that’s far too obscure to ever be used in fiction.

The rules really hamstring my normally ultra-powerful name composites b/c archangels and Korvac.

Michael Westen: CIA operative, skilled in acting, firearms and CQC
    Michael Morbius (Marvel): I HUNGER FOR PLASMA
    Michael Carpenter (Dresden Files)—Knight of the Cross, Fist of God, swordsman and superdad.
    Michael Roa Valdamjong (Tsukihime)—Vampiric mage spellcaster with a version of Mystic Eyes of Death Perception.

So I’m some kind of vampire super-agent with Divine Sanction, Mystic Eyes and a propensity for eating yogurt. Probably running around on the tip-top of street-level ability wise mostly thanks to Roa.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger19 View Post
    The rules really hamstring my normally ultra-powerful name composites b/c archangels and Korvac.

Michael Westen: CIA operative, skilled in acting, firearms and CQC
    Michael Morbius (Marvel): I HUNGER FOR PLASMA
    Michael Carpenter (Dresden Files)—Knight of the Cross, Fist of God, swordsman and superdad.
    Michael Roa Valdamjong (Tsukihime)—Vampiric mage spellcaster with a version of Mystic Eyes of Death Perception.

So I’m some kind of vampire super-agent with Divine Sanction, Mystic Eyes and a propensity for eating yogurt. Probably running around on the tip-top of street-level ability wise mostly thanks to Roa.
    You’ve got options like Miracleman...?

It is amazing how difficult it is to find a good Paul. And forget my surname.

I mean it comes to something when the best I’ve got so far is Fixer (Paul Norbert Ebersol).

Edit: OK, Major Disaster and Robotman. Now we’re getting somewhere.

Edit 2: How the hell did I miss Paul Atreides?
    Last edited by Beadle; 08-04-2020 at 01:07 PM.

What a fun idea for a thread!

Name: Thomas Fairchild

COMPOSITE TOM

Neo (Thomas Anderson) from The Matrix series.

Superhuman abilities, flight, telekinesis, reality-warping, resurrection.

Voldemort (Tom Riddle) from the Harry Potter series.

Magic, immortality.

Tommy Oliver from Power Rangers.

Superhuman abilities, armor, Zord summoning.

Tom the Cat from Tom and Jerry.

Toonforce, regeneration, self-sustenance, energy absorption/projection, city-busting durability.

Tommy Clark from Heroes TV series.

Power Absorption, Space-Time Manipulation.

Are we allowed to pick variations of our name as long as core pronunciation is the same? Like above, Tomzilla has "Thomas, Tommy and Tom".

So could I use Johnathan or Jon in addition to John?

Personally, I feel like this should be allowed and not JUST because it helps me lol. Just because some people have a common sounding name with an uncommon spelling and I dont feel they should be excluded.

If we are allowing my version of the rules (please say we are =P) then I get the following:

Doctor Manhattan (movie version)
    Master Chief
    Constantine
    Supermans son
    Green Lantern

Not a bad list so far!
    Last edited by The Arbiter; 08-04-2020 at 11:52 AM.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

I'm also a heel I guess.

Roman Reigns.

Though like... I don't know of many/any other fictional characters with my name.

EDIT: Wait is he a heel? I know nothing of Kayfabe.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I'm also a heel I guess.

Roman Reigns.

Though like... I don't know of many/any other fictional characters with my name.

EDIT: Wait is he a heel? I know nothing of Kayfabe.
    Nah, Reigns is a face, not a heel.

Face good, heel bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Nah, Reigns is a face, not a heel.

Face good, heel bad.
    So I'm a reality warping, Mr. Hollywood Face? Neat.

Arx Inosaan