Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Can someone tell me the character make up of each team and X-book right now?

Is Wolverine still in every book?

He’s in every book except for Wolverine.

He's in his solo and X-Force, and sometimes X-Men as that team switches from story to story and issue to issue. He regularly makes cameos in most of other books but he's not a team member of any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewfan View Post
    Unfortunately no...
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

To answer the question since everyone else seems to be dodging it, Wolverine is mostly in X-Force and his solo but features in X-Men as well.

X-Men centers around Cyclops but can feature every single X-Man as necessary. We've seen a lot of Wolverine, Xavier, Magneto, Jean Grey, and Apocalypse here.

X-Force is Wolverine, Colossus, Domino, Jean Grey, Black Tom Cassidy, Kid Omega, and has featured Forge, Healer, and Sage in major roles.

X-Factor is Polaris, Northstar, Aurora, Rachel Grey, Prodigy, Eye Boy, and Daken and also features appearances of the Five, Hope, Elixir, Proteus, Tempus and Egg.

Hellions is Psylocke (Kwannon), Havok, Wild Child, Nanny, Orphan Maker, Greycrow, and Empath with frequent appearances by Mister Sinister.

Marauders is mainly Kate Pryde, Lockheed Storm, Emma Frost, Iceman, Bishop, and Pyro with appearances from Sebastian Shaw, Callisto, and Christian Frost.

New Mutants is currently starring Boom Boom, Magik, Cypher, Moonstar, Magma, Wolfsbane, Chamber, Mondo, Glob Herman, and Armor.

Excalibur features Captain Britain (Betsy), Rogue, Gambit, Jubilee, and Rictor and has frequently had appearances from Jamie Braddock, Apocalypse, Pete Wisdom, and Saturnyne.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Extraordinary Member

Cable has featured appearances by Pixie, Armor, Fauna and the Stepford Cuckoos.

In the X-Men: Empyre mini series, dealing with the Marvel universe wide crossover, the line up is Archangel, Monet, Magik, and Multiple Man (Madrox).
    Last edited by Will Evans; 08-05-2020 at 05:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    To answer the question since everyone else seems to be dodging it, Wolverine is mostly in X-Force and his solo but features in X-Men as well.

X-Men centers around Cyclops but can feature every single X-Man as necessary. We've seen a lot of Wolverine, Xavier, Magneto, Jean Grey, and Apocalypse here.

X-Force is Wolverine, Colossus, Domino, Jean Grey, Black Tom Cassidy, Kid Omega, and has featured Forge, Healer, and Sage in major roles.

X-Factor is Polaris, Northstar, Aurora, Rachel Grey, Prodigy, Eye Boy, and Daken and also features appearances of the Five, Hope, Elixir, Proteus, Tempus and Egg.

Hellions is Psylocke (Kwannon), Havok, Wild Child, Nanny, Orphan Maker, Greycrow, and Empath with frequent appearances by Mister Sinister.

Marauders is mainly Kate Pryde, Lockheed Storm, Emma Frost, Iceman, Bishop, and Pyro with appearances from Sebastian Shaw, Callisto, and Christian Frost.

New Mutants is currently starring Boom Boom, Magik, Cypher, Moonstar, Magma, Wolfsbane, Chamber, Mondo, Glob Herman, and Armor.

Excalibur features Captain Britain (Betsy), Rogue, Gambit, Jubilee, and Rictor and has frequently had appearances from Jamie Braddock, Apocalypse, Pete Wisdom, and Saturnyne.
    Thanks!

I keep wanting to check out the new books...but I worry I've waited too long now and there's so much material to catch up on now lol.

But regardless, none of those casts really sticks out to me unfortunately. I just don't understand why the vast majority of the Academy X characters are still largely ignored.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Thanks!

I keep wanting to check out the new books...but I worry I've waited too long now and there's so much material to catch up on now lol.

But regardless, none of those casts really sticks out to me unfortunately. I just don't understand why the vast majority of the Academy X characters are still largely ignored.
    A few of these books have just started, like Hellions and X-Factor. Hellions is only on it's second issue and X-Factor is on it's first! There was also Fallen Angels recently which featured Kwannon, Cable, and X-23 but it wasn't very well received and the writer left after writing only a certain amount of issues. Bling! and Husk were in the endgame of that as well.

The Academy X characters just don't seem to have overly much of a following when it comes to the writers is the long and short of it; the New Mutants/X-Force and Gen X have such strong personalities that when it comes to former students, people tend to gravitate there. Hopefully we'll see more of them going forward but who can say?

The books are all very solid - especially Hellions, Marauders, X-Force, and X-Factor - but I understand not being overly invested in the casts. Maybe pick one up and give it a try, see what sticks for you?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Have you read House of X and Powers of X? I think definitely start there. They are worth getting. As for "Dawn of X", these are my recommendations:

X-Men - It's the flagship title and it kind of serves as a world building anthology series. It hasn't been very serial, rather each issue (or few issues) will deal with a major Krakoa story point. Unless you don't like the work of Leinil Yu, I'd say it's pretty essential.

X-Force - I think this title is the most enjoyable for pure entertainment as an ongoing series. Lots of actions, details on shadier aspects of Krakoa, and good character interactions with major players. Def recommend. Great art as well.

Marauders - Also a fun title with good character work, but much heavier with the comedy element. Not the most essential in terms of storyline, but if you're a fan of Kitty and Emma then this is a good one.

Excalibur - This one is kind of splitting fans down the middle. It's going to be important to know the story if you want to enjoy the upcoming "X of Swords" crossover. If you're trying to save money, I might just read detailed recaps online (like here, on the Marvel wiki site, or other personal recap pages).

Fallen Angels - Hard pass. Nothing of consequence happened in that series.

Hellions - Love it. It's a book of ragtag former villains sent on missions. It's still only on issue 2 so dunno how important it's going to be, but the return of a certain character has me all in....

Wolverine - I don't usually pick up his solo issues so not sure how essential it is.

Cable - Same, but I've read recaps and it sounds like it's non-essential but enjoyable so far (only two issues).

X-Factor - Brand new series. Will deal with the kind of unanswered questions with Krakoan resurrection practices, mainly investigating missing mutants, deaths, etc. I'm 50/50 on it, but it does seem like it'll be a kind of quirky series that takes you into the finer details.

Oh forgot...

New Mutants - This title toggles between two writers. First a space story with the core NM and written by Hickman. These are GOLD. Fun classic New Mutants. Not super important in terms of story, but it's so much fun with cool art. Ed Brisson's storyline involving Boom Boom and some younger X-kids mixes in and it's weird timing, basically just interrupting a serialized story. It's also... awful. So I would just read recaps on those.

Mighty Member

From what I see,the main character for each X-book are

X-Men: The Summers family i.e. Cyclops is the main star.

X-Force: Wolverine is the main star

Excalibur: Betsy and her family like Brian

Marauders: Iceman is the main star, most of the members here teamed-up with him in his last solo Iceman series. This is just sort of a continuation.

New Mutants: Magik is the main star here , her New Mutants team-mates are secondary.

Hellions seem to be a continuation of Fallen Angels who also focused on Kwannon. I don't think it will last just like Fallen Angels. That is , this will just be a temporary title.

X-Factor , too new to determine who they are highlighting on.
    Last edited by ericng; 08-05-2020 at 11:33 AM.

Kitty(before her "death"), Magik, and surprisingly Jean has appeared in just as many X-books if not more since the Krakoa stuff started.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Oh forgot...

New Mutants - This title toggles between two writers. First a space story with the core NM and written by Hickman. These are GOLD. Fun classic New Mutants. Not super important in terms of story, but it's so much fun with cool art. Ed Brisson's storyline involving Boom Boom and some younger X-kids mixes in and it's weird timing, basically just interrupting a serialized story. It's also... awful. So I would just read recaps on those.
    Hickman's story finished, it's all Brisson from now on.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Hickman's story finished, it's all Brisson from now on.
    Forget about reading Brisson's New Mutants. It's super boring. Hope they find another writer soon to replace him before sales plummet even further.