Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Wayne Allwine(the voice actor for Mickey Mouse) and Russi Taylor(the voice actor for Minnie Mouse) married each other.
    Last edited by SpiderClops; 09-23-2020 at 09:23 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    James Cameron was set to direct both the X-Men and Spider-Man films way back in the 90s. It was stuck in some legal mess for years. And it fell through. This is ironic since his recent comments about Marvel films. I know this because it was in a lot of the comics I read back then.It was in the Stan Lee section if I remember.
    This was all over the comic book fandom back then and I would have loved Cameron's take on both properties, fresh off Terminator 2 it would have been mind blowing. If Cameron were to do it now it would be Avatar levels of bad as he'd ask for more control.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Wayne Allwine(the voice actor for Mickey Mouse) and Russi Taylor(the voice actor for Minnie Mouse) married each other.
    ^^^The role playing possibilities in that scenario make my head spin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
    This was all over the comic book fandom back then and I would have loved Cameron's take on both properties, fresh off Terminator 2 it would have been mind blowing. If Cameron were to do it now it would be Avatar levels of bad as he'd ask for more control.
    ^^^never thought I’d see anyone but me use Avatar and bad in the same sentence. Nice!

Extraordinary Member

On Cheers, Diane's mother appeared in the season 1 episode "Someone Single, Someone Blue". The creators heard that Lucille Ball was a huge fan of the show. They actually met with Lucille and asked her to play Diane's mother. She liked the idea but then backed out because she was afraid that playing a role that different from her normal Lucy roles would disappoint her fans.

Extraordinary Member

On Forrest Gump, it appears that Tom Hanks actually paid for the scenes to be filmed where Forrest runs from one US coast to the other. Paramount wasn't willing to pay for it.

Here's the story:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...his-own-pocket

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    On Cheers, Diane's mother appeared in the season 1 episode "Someone Single, Someone Blue". The creators heard that Lucille Ball was a huge fan of the show. They actually met with Lucille and asked her to play Diane's mother. She liked the idea but then backed out because she was afraid that playing a role that different from her normal Lucy roles would disappoint her fans.
    I would have adored that! Too bad she folded on it.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    On Forrest Gump, it appears that Tom Hanks actually paid for the scenes to be filmed where Forrest runs from one US coast to the other. Paramount wasn't willing to pay for it.

Here's the story:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...his-own-pocket
    Those were some of my favorite scenes in the movie, so i'm really glad he did!

Boisterously Confused

Martin Landau was considered for the Star Trek role of Mr. Spock, which of course, went to Leonard Nimoy. He instead became a centerpiece player on Mission: Impossible , which like ST, was greenlit by Lucille Ball, who ran Desilu Studios at the time.

Years later, when Landau left MI, his Rollin Hand was replaced by another magician/disguise artist character, The Great Paris. Portrayed by Leonard Nimoy.

Mighty Member

The Clambetts not seeming to realize there was a bare-breasted statue in the foyer of their mansion.

Bob Belcher’s daughters on Bob’s Burgers are named after Tina Louise, AKA Ginger Grant on Gilligan’s Island.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    James Cameron was set to direct both the X-Men and Spider-Man films way back in the 90s. It was stuck in some legal mess for years. And it fell through. This is ironic since his recent comments about Marvel films. I know this because it was in a lot of the comics I read back then.It was in the Stan Lee section if I remember.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Cameron's Spider-man was wild. He merged Electro and Kingpin into "Carlton Strand" - a parody of corrupt capitalists. Sandman was in it, called Boyd, who got his powers from Philadelphia Experiment type thing which mixed his atoms. He would revel his identity to MJ, and they'd have sex on the Brooklyn Bride. It also had lots of swearing in it.
    Wasn't James Cameron the one who came up with the organic web shooters? And Rami took that and ran with it?

It is possible that multiple other Holmes siblings exist because Sherlock doesn’t even make mention of Mycroft until the latter shows up unexpectedly.

As inaccurate as the original Transformers cartoon may have been, it still involved getting licencing from respective car brands (i.e. Porsche and Lamborghini). The reason for the new cast from the movie and the later seasons wasn't just to phase out the old toys, but so that Hasbro could make new characters and toys without having to pay licencing fees to car companies.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    It is possible that multiple other Holmes siblings exist because Sherlock doesn’t even make mention of Mycroft until the latter shows up unexpectedly.
    That's TV/Cinema trivia how?

Sherlock Holmes has hundreds if not thousands of tv/cinema adaptations. Some of his supposed siblings only exist in tv.
    Last edited by TheRay; 09-30-2020 at 09:37 AM.