View Poll Results: Do you want Tim to be Robin again?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

36 24.16%
  • No

88 59.06%
  • Depends

25 16.78%

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Default Do you want Tim Drake to be Robin again?

So, as I'm sure that everyone knows by now, Tim Drake is featured wearing his Robin costume again in the pages for Batman #100 and the cover for Young Justice #19 and #20, with Brian M Bendis labeling him as such on his Instagram post of the cover of 20:

Both issues (Batman 100 and YJ 20) are releasing in October, I believe, meaning that by the time October comes around Tim will be Robin again. While I definitely think he needed a better costume and codename than Drake, I'm not sure that this is the move that I'd have liked to see. I think Damian should've been better written than this past Teen Titans arc, or if the Robin name needed to go to someone that had previously held it, it should've been Stephanie Brown.

What do you guys think? Do you like Tim as Robin again? Do you think Damian has lost the role permanently? Would you like someone else as Robin instead of Tim or Damian? Someone old? Someone new?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

It would be cool if this thread has a pool attached, cause some people don't like to post, but would still vote.

No, i don't want Tim to be the first Robin to go backwards instead of keep moving forward.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    It would be cool if this thread has a pool attached, cause some people don't like to post, but would still vote.

No, i don't want Tim to be the first Robin to go backwards instead of keep moving forward.
    Didn't even think of that! Went ahead and added one, thankin' ya
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I'm more in the "he should move forward" camp so i vote no.

This is a BIG "depends" for me. So big that I'm gonna go ahead and vote "No". Because the only way I'd be even slightly okay with it is something that I know in a million years won't happen.

Mostly no because:
    1. Tim's almost a grown ass man now. Move on like every other grown Robin has. This is nothing but a step back for him.
    2. The way they're framing Damian's possible departure from the Robin title is already a huge detriment to his character and I don't want Tim to have any part in his and Bruce's ridiculous little angst-off. Not when he and Damian are, more or less, on okay terms now.

Even if he and Damian shared the Robin title, that would still be a step down for Tim. He doesn't need Robin anymore and Bruce doesn't need him as his Robin anymore.

The only way I'd be alright with this is if Damian ended up becoming Dick's partner instead; and if Tim made it clear that he'd be there as Bruce's partner. Not his sidekick. But even then, I'd still have a lot of reservations about it. It was bad enough when Tim's first "post-Robin identity" ket the Robin name in it. But for him to go back to being Robin just comes off like he doesn't know how to let go.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Nah, Damian is Robin. ROBIN, SON OF BATMAN is the freshest concept in ages.

Going back to Robin is at least an improvement over "Drake". I'd like if he was using the Red Robin look instead but I can still get on board with this.
    If Damien isn't going to be Robin, then Tim being Robin is more effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I am agree with DRAKO.

He should keep moving forward not return to his old first days as Robin.
    Last edited by adrikito; 10-22-2021 at 11:25 PM.

No, I don't want Tim to be Robin again. Or Red Robin. Or Drake.

I think those are all lazy choices. I also think that the moment (the first time around) when Tim decided to give up being Robin because (IIRC) he felt he needed to go outside Batman's ethos, and so he picked a new name - and it was Red Robin! - was, to put it politely, uncreative. And when (the second time around, IIRC) he decided not to become Robin because he wanted to be respectful of the lost Jason, and so he picked another name - Red Robin! - ditto.

Of course, the name always amused me because it's the name of a well-known food chain. Tim Drake sits in a large chair and ponders. "Criminals are a hungry and unhealthy lot. I shall be..." (A fast-food menu blows in through the open window) "... Red Robin!"

Really, guys. The Crimson Talon. (I first thought of that before the Court of Owls and their Talons. I guess they sort of own it now.) The Red Dragon. I don't know, the Scarlet Swinger! Something that will put a little more distance between him and all the Robins. Time to grow up.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/