View Poll Results: Do you want Tim to be Robin again?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

36 24.16%
  • No

88 59.06%
  • Depends

25 16.78%
Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Default Do you want Tim Drake to be Robin again?

So, as I'm sure that everyone knows by now, Tim Drake is featured wearing his Robin costume again in the pages for Batman #100 and the cover for Young Justice #19 and #20, with Brian M Bendis labeling him as such on his Instagram post of the cover of 20:

Both issues (Batman 100 and YJ 20) are releasing in October, I believe, meaning that by the time October comes around Tim will be Robin again. While I definitely think he needed a better costume and codename than Drake, I'm not sure that this is the move that I'd have liked to see. I think Damian should've been better written than this past Teen Titans arc, or if the Robin name needed to go to someone that had previously held it, it should've been Stephanie Brown.

What do you guys think? Do you like Tim as Robin again? Do you think Damian has lost the role permanently? Would you like someone else as Robin instead of Tim or Damian? Someone old? Someone new?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

It would be cool if this thread has a pool attached, cause some people don't like to post, but would still vote.

No, i don't want Tim to be the first Robin to go backwards instead of keep moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    It would be cool if this thread has a pool attached, cause some people don't like to post, but would still vote.

No, i don't want Tim to be the first Robin to go backwards instead of keep moving forward.
    Didn't even think of that! Went ahead and added one, thankin' ya
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I'm more in the "he should move forward" camp so i vote no.

This is a BIG "depends" for me. So big that I'm gonna go ahead and vote "No". Because the only way I'd be even slightly okay with it is something that I know in a million years won't happen.

Mostly no because:
    1. Tim's almost a grown ass man now. Move on like every other grown Robin has. This is nothing but a step back for him.
    2. The way they're framing Damian's possible departure from the Robin title is already a huge detriment to his character and I don't want Tim to have any part in his and Bruce's ridiculous little angst-off. Not when he and Damian are, more or less, on okay terms now.

Even if he and Damian shared the Robin title, that would still be a step down for Tim. He doesn't need Robin anymore and Bruce doesn't need him as his Robin anymore.

The only way I'd be alright with this is if Damian ended up becoming Dick's partner instead; and if Tim made it clear that he'd be there as Bruce's partner. Not his sidekick. But even then, I'd still have a lot of reservations about it. It was bad enough when Tim's first "post-Robin identity" ket the Robin name in it. But for him to go back to being Robin just comes off like he doesn't know how to let go.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Nah, Damian is Robin. ROBIN, SON OF BATMAN is the freshest concept in ages.

Going back to Robin is at least an improvement over "Drake". I'd like if he was using the Red Robin look instead but I can still get on board with this.
    If Damien isn't going to be Robin, then Tim being Robin is more effective.

Only if he gets a solo out of this, otherwise is a waste.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

I don’t mind him moving forward, but the Drake identity and costume are both hella bland.
    Sometimes taking a step back isn’t a bad thing. Impulse has done it, between also being Kid Flash and Flash at different times.

Anyhow, yes to Robin, yes to a new ongoing.

No to being Robin again. He had a fine thing going as Red Robin anyway. But pulling him back to being Robin, in a way, is worse than Ash freakin' Ketchum still being 10 years old (be it in real time or in Pokemon universe). Ash is static; but Tim with doing this, seems regressive as hell.

Extraordinary Member

I hit “depends” because I absolutely find nothing interesting exciting or inspiring about “Drake” as an idea or costume, but I’m still irritated no one just puts a cowl on him again, declares him 18 finally, and just uses the Red Robin nom de guerre or creates something new for that costume.

I feel like its *right there*, really easy to see as a clear path, and just ignored because for some reason no one was paying attention to his last, and still pretty successful, solo.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I hit “depends” because I absolutely find nothing interesting exciting or inspiring about “Drake” as an idea or costume, but I’m still irritated no one just puts a cowl on him again, declares him 18 finally, and just uses the Red Robin nom de guerre or creates something new for that costume.

I feel like its *right there*, really easy to see as a clear path, and just ignored because for some reason no one was paying attention to his last, and still pretty successful, solo.
    Honestly? Why can't Tim just be a new Dr Mid-Nite. The costume matches, he is a popular and successful character to put into a role that has struggled somewhat in the past, and the power concept fits him.

I'm not necessarily for regression, even if I loved Tim as Robin, but anything is better than "Drake."
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Honestly? Why can't Tim just be a new Dr Mid-Nite. The costume matches, he is a popular and successful character to put into a role that has struggled somewhat in the past, and the power concept fits him.
    Because Tim has nothing to do with the JSA and there are two other Mid-Nite successors.

Nope, I'd rather Damian be the solo Robin

I hit depends, don’t want to dismiss it entirely, both Red Robin and Drake suck as monikers but this does reek of desperation. Why not give Stephanie Brown a shot? Is Tim still worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not necessarily for regression, even if I loved Tim as Robin, but anything is better than "Drake."

Because Tim has nothing to do with the JSA and there are two other Mid-Nite successors.
    I’ve also seen suggestions that he become the new question, and I’m very opposed to that to for more or less the same reason.