View Poll Results: Do you want Tim to be Robin again?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

36 24.16%
  • No

88 59.06%
  • Depends

25 16.78%
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Tim should be killed of and erased.
    Harsh. Tim was Robin in the Arkham games, so he does get used outside of comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Bad Blood animated film made them childhood friends (and Dick joked about flirting with her when they were kids before he knew better).
    Yep, and in the Arrowverse version she was 13 when Batman was already known and active - though arguably they just made Bruce older than in the comics instead depending on how you want to look at it.
    Oh, looks like she probably will get made younger again next reboot (not sure what that does with the DADT backstory, but it was removed in the Bad Blood version).

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Harsh. Tim was Robin in the Arkham games, so he does get used outside of comics.

Yep, and in the Arrowverse version she was 13 when Batman was already known and active - though arguably they just made Bruce older than in the comics instead depending on how you want to look at it.
    Oh, looks like she probably will get made younger again next reboot (not sure what that does with the DADT backstory, but it was removed in the Bad Blood version).
    Do you mean animated universe reboot or comic reboot?

Quote Originally Posted by Denkota View Post
    You can say that about Damian also that he would have never come back alive and is a worthless rubbish character and should never have been conceived beyond a gimmick character having limited shelf life and is a rotten character who spreads his rotten stench wherever he appears. He should have been forgotten on the trash heap instead of Tim who arrived before him and is a much better character than the little pest.
    Now You are just **** talking Tim Drake now because the irony is that Damian a character that was created for one story arc, who was supposed to die became so popular and relevant that he surpassed Tim a character that's been around for more than 30 years.

1st Jason Todd now Damian Wayne soon Duke and Jarro are going to eclipse him as well.

If Tim was such a good character he wouldn't be having such a hard time nor would he have failed so spectacularly without the help of Robin.

Jeez Jason Todd managed it. Tim is worthless.

No thank you.
    1, Jim is far more popular and suitable
    2, No one wants Tim leaving his stink of mediocrity all over a franchise that's about to get a tv series.

Tim should be killed of and erased. When you find yourself typing a line like 'it's a way to keep him around' then it's pretty clear you have a dud on your hands.

DC isn't a charity. It's a business.
    as much as I'm not personally all that a fond of Tim, I can't agree with wholesale erasure; that slash and burn approach is the same thing fans have been pushing back against when it comes to developing heroes of color and why DC has so many half-baked characters. DC is a business but it's a creative/entertainment business, and we've seen in this industry that if you invest in creators with talent and allocate that talent accordingly, there usually isn't really a such thing as a "bad" character; just badly used ones. the problem while Tim is he's the least compelling iteration of the Robin archetype but (like most bat characters) he isn't allowed to freely grow beyond the lowest common denominator version of his role in relation to Batman. I feel like a lot of the Batfamily are afforded limited room to grow beyond being part of the Batman. realistically the only one who's really gotten to define and distinguish himself has been Red Hood, and even then he's typically having to regress character-wise when put back in proximity to Batman from time to time.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

You are so correct how could I have forgotten. Also there was BTAS. You could tell those guys wanted to use Tim by how well they captured the essence of Tim. They really wanted to tell his story

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    as much as I'm not personally all that a fond of Tim, I can't agree with wholesale erasure; that slash and burn approach is the same thing fans have been pushing back against when it comes to developing heroes of color and why DC has so many half-baked characters. DC is a business but it's a creative/entertainment business, and we've seen in this industry that if you invest in creators with talent and allocate that talent accordingly, there usually isn't really a such thing as a "bad" character; just badly used ones. the problem while Tim is he's the least compelling iteration of the Robin archetype but (like most bat characters) he isn't allowed to freely grow beyond the lowest common denominator version of his role in relation to Batman. I feel like a lot of the Batfamily are afforded limited room to grow beyond being part of the Batman. realistically the only one who's really gotten to define and distinguish himself has been Red Hood, and even then he's typically having to regress character-wise when put back in proximity to Batman from time to time.
    My main issue is that It's been more than 10 years that DC has been wasting reasources and time on this fool. Time, effort and resource that could go somewhere else.
    DC has lost of great characters currently rotting away.

Tim has had enough chances. DC even forced him into other peoples positions. Enough. Time to stop wasting effort on a character that has failed to evolve.

@Ahaz the Fact that erasing, Terry and Dick's gen's achievement and history didn't work doesn't matter the point is that DC was will to risk such big brands for Tim Drake

Astonishing Member

But he didn't have big role there, and I guess they used him as Robin in games just because WB already wanted Damian game later, which was cancelled. Now I won't be surprised if Damian is Robin in Gotham Knights, not Tim.
    Young Justice is another example - he appears there, but he is absolutely a minor character, if not worse. At the same time, it is obvious that Jason will have a much more important role next season, and Damian will most likely have the same.
    So yes, it's true, they don't want to use him as a big deal in media, current examples of his appearances outside comics, to put it mildly, are not impressive.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I dunno, I think fans of them as individuals would probably prefer them as individuals for all their differences rather than try and merge the two. They are very much not the same character and have two totally different takes on the Robin mantle.

Like, you could hypothetically combine one popular character with another, but that doesn't mean fans of the individual character would actually want that fusion.
    If you build it, they will come.

You're always going to upset a few people but I think longterm it'd work really well.

Extraordinary Member

@Ahaz the Fact that erasing, Terry and Dick's gen's achievement and history didn't work doesn't matter the point is that DC was will to risk such big brands for Tim Drake
    When it comes to Dick's gen please keep in mind this wasn't only about Dick and Tim but about the Teen Titans franchise.

Tims gen had taken over this title already years before and came of a success 100 issue run.

Dicks gen on the other hand was with exception of Dick and Wally not particularly successful since the early to mid 90s, and had gotten very close in age to their mentors. So keeping Tim's gen over Dicks made kind of sense. Problem was just that the new 52 Teen Titans run was terrible.

When it comes to Terry technically his history wasn't replaced, and the whole thing was anyway wired since the "Tim Drake" they replaced him with was hardly recognizable as Tim Drake.

The main problems with Tim at the moment at the moment are the comics he has been in, most of them were pretty bad, and and up until rebirth he (and the rest of his generation) have been hardly recognizable in these comics.
    The best comic he has been in since flashpoint was Tynions Tec, and unfortunately he was "dead" for large parts of this run.
    Last edited by Aahz; 08-09-2020 at 07:36 AM.

Astonishing Member

The problem with other media adaptations for Tim is that he is the Robin to use when they want to use Nightwing, but they don't want to use the "son of Batman" concept.

This make Tim's possibilities to appear in adaptation bigger than Jason (who seems to be adapted to die and rerurrect).

However, this also means they don't have a lot of interest in Robin Tim, they just need a Robin. After all, if they really want to focus on Robin role, they would use Dick or Damian.

Astonishing Member

My main issue is that It's been more than 10 years that DC has been wasting reasources and time on this fool. Time, effort and resource that could go somewhere else.
    DC has lost of great characters currently rotting away.

What characters were lost?

Since I Tim Drake is the version of Robin that I grew up and he's IMHO the best Robin, so my answer is: HELL YES!

If Tim was such a good character he wouldn't be having such a hard time nor would he have failed so spectacularly without the help of Robin.
    Oh come now. How many characters at DC are excellent creations with a lot to offer, who have still been ignored or screwed up by DC?

Cass Cain is a fantastic character, yet DC has screwed her up so much she's barely recognizable now. How about Wonder Woman or Superman? You don't get much bigger than those two; but DC has successfully screwed up Superman for thirty years and screwed up Diana for sixty.

The value and quality of a character doesn't protect them from DC's mismanagement.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    When it comes to Dick's gen please keep in mind this wasn't only about Dick and Tim but about the Teen Titans franchise.

Tims gen had taken over this title already years before and came of a success 100 issue run.

Dicks gen on the other hand was with exception of Dick and Wally not particularly successful since the early to mid 90s, and had gotten very close in age to their mentors. So keeping Tim's gen over Dicks made kind of sense. Problem was just that the new 52 Teen Titans run was terrible.

When it comes to Terry technically his history wasn't replaced, and the whole thing was anyway wired since the "Tim Drake" they replaced him with was hardly recognizable as Tim Drake.

The main problems with Tim at the moment at the moment are the comics he has been in, most of them were pretty bad, and and up until rebirth he (and the rest of his generation) have been hardly recognizable in these comics.
    The best comic he has been in since flashpoint was Tynions Tec, and unfortunately he was "dead" for large parts of this run.
    That Batman Beyond wasn't even Terry or at least not the Terry from the cartoon, he was some weird AU version of Futures End, a story so bad that even Jurgens got rid of his elements as quick as he could. Honestly i still don't understand that move, you had a Terry that isn't really Terry remplaced by Tim that isn't really Tim, send of to the Beyond universe that isn't really Beyond, like who was the one that thougth that somehow that was good idea.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Can we please refrain from character bashing any of the Robin's? This is not what this thread is about.
    I kind of assumed DADT was still in-play in Bad Blood, they just didn't explicitly mention it.
    You are so correct how could I have forgotten. Also there was BTAS. You could tell those guys wanted to use Tim by how well they captured the essence of Tim. They really wanted to tell his story
    He was also the main Robin in the first two Batman Unlimited movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    If you build it, they will come.

You're always going to upset a few people but I think longterm it'd work really well.
    Yeah, but it's not really building anything so much as putting it in a blender.

I love Batman and Superman but I wouldn't necessarily want to see them merged together as a character with their best traits on the off-chance that will appeal to both of their respective fanbases.

Why even have Dick Grayson instead of fusing him with Damian into some kind of Ultimate Robin? It just doesn't seem like a solution if you are personally invested in these characters.