View Poll Results: Do you want Tim to be Robin again?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

36 24.16%
  • No

88 59.06%
  • Depends

25 16.78%
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    It seemed that way because TDKR wasn't a long running series and the focus was tightly focused on Bruce.
    The important thing is that the setup is there for a Robin who was living at home with folks and with another life.

The same can be said for Tim. He may as well have been an Orphan. He spent a good deal of time on his own or away from home at a boarding school.

There was little parental supervision that Tim was able to get away with spending much of his time at the cave training and was able to conduct his nighttime activities as Robin with out his folks ever noticing.
    I can see that there is the potential for that there but, again, that wasn't really who the character was executed as being.

I think Jack had enough of an impact to still be a significant presence.

Incredible Member

I still feel like that was the point when the post-Crisis DCU lost me, the Jack Drake death. Jack Drake was a good Aunt May and he should be as important to the "Tim Drake" story as May is to Peter Parker. There was a lot to work with Jack, and a ton that was not explored with him, things that were potentially interesting threads. But no, the stupid boomerang splash page had to be there.

Astonishing Member

After the news about DC, I can say this without a doubt, the most convenient thing for Tim would be to go back to being Robin.

Although I'm not sure if that's really going to happen. Or Tim's just going to wear that Robin suit in this.

I've already that variants for Detective Comics ignores totally Tim. So, I don't know if DC cares enough about Tim.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    After the news about DC, I can say this without a doubt, the most convenient thing for Tim would be to go back to being Robin.

Although I'm not sure if that's really going to happen. Or Tim's just going to wear that Robin suit in this.

I've already that variants for Detective Comics ignores totally Tim. So, I don't know if DC cares enough about Tim.
    How'd that be convenient?

If DC downsizes, we will lose a lot of heroes. And how many Robins do they need?

Tim is the third Robin...and that's all he is. Damian is the Son of Batman...and Robin. Of these 2, who do you think will be chosen? I think Damian is simply the more interesting character.

Tim needs his own identity...just so someone will write an OGN about him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    How'd that be convenient?

If DC downsizes, we will lose a lot of heroes. And how many Robins do they need?

Tim is the third Robin...and that's all he is. Damian is the Son of Batman...and Robin. Of these 2, who do you think will be chosen? I think Damian is simply the more interesting character.

Tim needs his own identity...just so someone will write an OGN about him.
    I know Damian will be the chosen if DC need to have one Robin.

However, I don't think Tim without Robin will have something that DC finds enough important to save him.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I guess he could always be "The Secret" .

To me, Tim just outgrew what the Robin role needs to be and I rather he just move on and find a new niche.
    I know that was a joke, but taking Greta's name would match up well to Stephanie's name, Spoiler.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

However, I don't think Tim without Robin will have something that DC finds enough important to save him.
    Perhaps that's why DC want to make him back as Robin? As you said, Tim without Robin is not enough important for DC, and Damian maybe can survives without Robin title with his Son of Batman status. So they gave Robin to Tim because they didn't want to lose Tim fanbases but still have to make him important character

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    So they gave Robin to Tim because they didn't want to lose Tim fanbases
    I think it's to late for that. And the problem was not the name (I think most fans were OK with Red Robin even if it wasn't that great) but the crappy treatment and writing the character has gotten for years.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I guess he could always be "The Secret" .

To me, Tim just outgrew what the Robin role needs to be and I rather he just move on and find a new niche.
    I know that was a joke, but taking Greta's name would match up well to Stephanie's name, Spoiler.
    Again, I agree

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I think it's to late for that. And the problem was not the name (I think most fans were OK with Red Robin even if it wasn't that great) but the crappy treatment and writing the character has gotten for years.
    I agree it's too late and about Tim's mistreatment.
    Last edited by scary harpy; 08-12-2020 at 06:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Be given countless chances over and over again isn't what someone would consider "crappy treatment". None of the robins were given half the chances Tim got.

While I said before that I'm indifferent to the robin mantle, I think it's total embarrassment and playing favorites if Tim become Robin again. I'm not that brat biggest fan, but he doesn't deserve to have the role taken from him just because Tim keep hitting a wall.
    “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.”
    – Dale Carnegie

Extraordinary Member

Tim is the throwaway we don’t need another white orphan male after Jason. Tim been stuck for the last 15 years

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Perhaps that's why DC want to make him back as Robin? As you said, Tim without Robin is not enough important for DC, and Damian maybe can survives without Robin title with his Son of Batman status. So they gave Robin to Tim because they didn't want to lose Tim fanbases but still have to make him important character
    WB is the one who wants Damian as Robin. AT&T doesn't care. DC can go with anyone since Snyder was pitching Duke after Damian died, but WB said no. Tim's status as Robin, Red Robin, Drake, or just his presence in general will depend on the writers who want to fight for it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    WB is the one who wants Damian as Robin. AT&T doesn't care. DC can go with anyone since Snyder was pitching Duke after Damian died, but WB said no. Tim's status as Robin, Red Robin, Drake, or just his presence in general will depend on the writers who want to fight for it.
    exactly.

Who wants to fight for it?

And as what...'Third Robin'?

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    exactly.

Who wants to fight for it?

And as what...'Third Robin'?
    WB probably wants "a Robin" they don't care who it is. Tynion is a huge Tim fan, so I could see him wanting him back as Robin since his position on the best selling monthly gives him a lot of sway. It looks like Damian is going bad, at least for a while, so there would not be multiple Robins at that point.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I wasn't a huge fan of the Red Robin name but I like it way more than Drake, and way more than him becoming Robin again.

Just make him go back to Red Robin. And put him back in his New 52 outfit while you're at it. I know this is kind of an unpopular opinion but I always thought that was his best look.
    I don't why this is unpopular, it's a great suit
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8