View Poll Results: Do you want Tim to be Robin again?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

36 24.16%
  • No

88 59.06%
  • Depends

25 16.78%
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

I've seen this image before and it actually looks pretty good there. It looks terrible when house-style artists draw it.

It also seems pretty Robin B, which works if you want 2 Robins, but not if you want Tim moving on from the mantle.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    After the news about DC, I can say this without a doubt, the most convenient thing for Tim would be to go back to being Robin.

Although I'm not sure if that's really going to happen. Or Tim's just going to wear that Robin suit in this.

I've already that variants for Detective Comics ignores totally Tim. So, I don't know if DC cares enough about Tim.
    I would say that a lot of people behind the scenes do care about Tim however after the recent events with initiated by the parent company what DC wants matters even less.

After yesterday's news my guess is that the days of writers being allowed to use their power to push characters based on nostalgia are at an end.

Profits over nostalgia.

I think Tim will become Robin as advertised just not The Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    I remember Tim saying that.

What would change Tim's motivation about being Robin?

Gaining superpowers (as in 'with great power comes great responsibility')?

If gains powers and can now do what other Gotham vigilantes cannot, then wouldn't he aspire to be more than Robin?

Tim doesn't need Super Powers to justify why he's back to Robin.

They can just go with what Tynion was setting up in the Robin 80th. Tim being unsure what his next step is. He tried various identities but decides that Robin is what he wants.
    That is true to real life. It's understandable to not know what one wants for their future or to try various paths before you find the one that fits.

Just wanting to be Robin is a good enough reason. What matters is that he is still helping. Being a Hero.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I would say that a lot of people behind the scenes do care about Tim however after the recent events with initiated by the parent company what DC wants matters even less.

After yesterday's news my guess is that the days of writers being allowed to use their power to push characters based on nostalgia are at an end.

Profits over nostalgia.

I think Tim will become Robin as advertised just not The Robin.
    yes, profits over nostalgia.

I think Grayson or Damian will be Robin...and Tim will be ignored.

We must start thinking in terms of merchandising...most people know Richard Grayson as Robin. Many people now know Damian as the Son of Batman and as Robin.

And Tim is...Third Robin...how exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    yes, profits over nostalgia.

I think Grayson or Damian will be Robin...and Tim will be ignored.

We must start thinking in terms of merchandising...most people know Richard Grayson as Robin. Many people now know Damian as the Son of Batman and as Robin.

And Tim is...Third Robin...how exciting.
    I think Robin, the superhostile 10 year old with a sword is less familiar to the general audience then you think. Tim Drake is the default modern Robin as people think of it, I imagine. Until Nightwing stops being a thing, I don't think Tim's very existence is truly threatened.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    I think Robin, the superhostile 10 year old with a sword is less familiar to the general audience then you think. Tim Drake is the default modern Robin as people think of it, I imagine. Until Nightwing stops being a thing, I don't think Tim's very existence is truly threatened.
    In general, I think Damian as the Robin: Son of Batman is recognizable by general audience. And he is the modern Robin.

WB shows what they care more is about the concept of "Son of Batman", they can change the personality of Damian (they've already do that in some films).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I don't why this is unpopular, it's a great suit
    Tim always has great suit, the problems are his codenames. Drake was surprisingly controversial and I've seen people trying to defend the 'Red Robin' codename, which I find impossible to do.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Dick Grayson is the default Robin top the general audience [all ages]
    Super-hostile 10 year or Teen Titans GO! Robin is the default Robin for general audiences under the age of 20
    Damian is the modern Robin.
    Tim isn't a character that the general audience are aware of. To some fans who read comics in the 90s he was the modern Robin.
    Last edited by dietrich; 08-13-2020 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    In general, I think Damian as the Robin: Son of Batman is recognizable by general audience. And he is the modern Robin.

WB shows what they care more is about the concept of "Son of Batman", they can change the personality of Damian (they've already do that in some films).
    They should never change Damian's personality. He should always be a little annoying ****.

Astonishing Member

They should never change Damian's personality. He should always be a little annoying ****.
    I just say what WB did (and will do if they find it necessary).

WB wants Damian because they want the "Son of Batman" concept.

The personality of Damian could be a bonus (if they want conflict between Batman and Robin). However, if his personality doesn't fit the story of Robin they want to tell, they will just change Damian's personality.

Agreed. And though I enjoyed Batman Ninja, the only part of Damian's personality they got right was that he has a strong connection to animals (monkeys, in this case). Otherwise, it was an enjoyable film. If you like anime and how over the top it can be.

But yeah. Tim as "3rd Robin". Er... Look, I don't blame Tim fans for sticking up for him. But constantly resetting him back to Robin? May as well call him the Ash Ketchum of DC. He never gets passed a certain point either. As for "GA Robin". That's either Dick or Damian nowadays. Other than the Tim diehards, Damian is considered the big Robin (or Dick, for TTG fans) now. And Dick is the historic Robin. Even Jason has been more notable, thanks in large part to UTRH, Titans, and now Death in the Family movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I know that was a joke, but taking Greta's name would match up well to Stephanie's name, Spoiler.
    I guess sometimes the best answer is the joke answer.

Honestly I'd prefer if he wasn't Robin again but I'd reassess if it happens.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I don't why this is unpopular, it's a great suit
    Definitely my favorite look for Tim. I agree that it's a shame it doesn't have more Tim readers/fans who are willing to appreciate it more.

Astonishing Member

But honestly? I think his Drake costume has a pretty cool design and color scheme, too.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    But honestly? I think his Drake costume has a pretty cool design and color scheme, too.
    I actually liked his Drake suit, a little busy but I liked the distinct color scheme and overall look. at the time I remember thinking if Tim fans don't like it, i wouldn't mind them sticking more yellow/gold on it and giving it to Duke. but people have generally grown accustomed to Duke's suit and would probably hate that. point being, I never fully got why the profound hate for the suit.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 08-13-2020 at 03:59 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."