View Poll Results: Do you want Tim to be Robin again?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

36 24.16%
  • No

88 59.06%
  • Depends

25 16.78%
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Not even a little. I honestly don’t think there is much left to say with him as Robin, I’m starting to doubt if there is anything left to say with him at all, and at this point going back to Robin is point of failing to be interesting as anything else. Its for Tim, and even more it’s bad for Robin.

If Young Justice was a hit, or Tim was the most generally popular Robin, maybe I could understand clinging to this gen and perpetuating even more nostalgia with them, but I’m not seeing that at all. If anything YJ says to me people seem to be bored with these characters, even when they attempt to go back to emulating their heyday.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-04-2020 at 09:50 PM.

I don't see WB changing their official Robin.

I mean jarro is also a Robin wearing robin colours and in a series with the JL. He is the best Robin ever according to Scott synder and he was awesome. he was damned good too since his Batman seemed to smile a lot more.

Also have to say that I was expecting damian to face consequences for his actions. Walking away from the role doesn't sound like batman holding him accountable more like Damian saying stuff it.

I expected more.

On tim as Robin. Dc tried and tried and tried even screwing, terry, Dick generation, Supersons. they invested resources and effort. Put him alongside batman in one of DC's top selling comic book for years over Duke and Damian the two actual bat sidekicks.

That's more than enough chances/ effort than DC's given to other bat sons and characters like wally

I kinda want to see the idea of multiple simultaneous Robins explored. And having there be multiple literal Robins may help to actually differentiate the graduated former Robin and estranged former Robin rather than reducing them all to "Robins." Tim has cycled through a few identities and its pretty clear that they just aren't working for him. He doesn't seem to have the foundation to make it as a solo hero, so either bring him back into the fold or be done with him.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    On tim as Robin. Dc tried and tried and tried even screwing, terry, Dick generation, Supersons. they invested resources and effort. Put him alongside batman in one of DC's top selling comic book for years over Duke and Damian the two actual bat sidekicks.

That's more than enough chances/ effort than DC's given to other bat sons and characters like wally
    But they made a pretty terrible job with it.
    In TEC he was in a prison in Limbo for half the run, and then was send of into nowhere.
    Instead of just doing a story arc to set up new direction for him and use that to set up a new (mini/maxi?) series with him.

Btw. Tim was in that book alongside Batman and lots of other characters (of which Batwoman got the most focus) and Duke was at the same time technically alongside Batman (without other characters) in two books, and got a follow up in a (very short) mini.

So it is not like Duke was sidelined because of Tim, the execution was just pretty lacking in both cases.

And what happend with Supersons didn't had much to do with Tim.

Robin in an improvement over Drake and Red Robin (which is really another way of saying other Robin or second Robin, really), and I think Tim Drake is an improvement over Damian Wayne for the Robin title. Put me down as a yes. I hope one day there will be an equivalent to Nightwing or Red Hood for Tim but Drake wasn't it.

Extraordinary Member

Damian might be written to be difficult but at least his Tory is progressing time drake has been frozen for 15 years and this won’t help. He is going to get erased again or worse some writer is gonna let Damian continue to age while tim stays in place. He basicly gonna end up like beastboy to Damians raven

Astonishing Member

I don't know, it seems to me that this eternal inability to let Tim move forward is simply destructive for the character. In this case, I think, it's happening also because of Tynion - Tim is his favorite Robin, he said that multiple times and that's not surprising that he wants to use him as Robin in his current run. But again, I don't think it's going to last long. I'm sure that this whole "Damian goes rogue/becomes villain" thing will end in Tomasi's 'Tec arc and after that Damian maybe even will become Robin again, who knows. Whatever editorial wants, we can't forget about WB influence.
    Better yet, if Tim and Damian both get new nicknames, and won't stuck forever as Robins.

I voted no, because I don't like what Tim as Robin did to the Batman mythos and I'm afraid this change will only compound those changes. Also, it's not because he always failed as a solo graduated Robin, having to steal a whole corner of Batman's foes and mythos for himself to be even somewhat interesting that he should go back to Robin. If DC really doesn't know what to do with him, just put him in limbo already.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I voted no, because I don't like what Tim as Robin did to the Batman mythos and I'm afraid this change will only compound those changes.
    What? The only thing Tim did as Robin was to prove that a modern Robin can work.

I voted yes because Drake was another misfire. I don't expect him to be Robin forever, but getting rid of Drake is progress.

Hopefully, DC will actuall have Batman AND Robin together with Tim. Damian and Bruce just don't fit well, Damian and Dick are a much better team than Bruce and Damian. Tim is a much better partner for Bruce.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Incredible Member

I said yes because honestly I feel like Red Robin even back in 2009 wasn’t meant to be permanent. The whole idea of it was a temp name that isn’t associated with the Batfam. Drake had potential but the suit is so weird, the creator of the suit himself didn’t even try to follow his own design patterns in the initial first few issues of it. And honestly, it kinda turned me off from the book too.

Robin is def a backtrack but I honestly don’t mind because maybe we need to go back to what was working , and then from there make good progress.

Plus Robin,Superboy,Wonder Girl and Impulse sounds and looks better than Drake,Superboy, Wonder Girl and Impulse.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

I vote depends. In my opinion, him as Robin again will be huge regression for Tim,after all the core of Robin is sidekick of Batman and Tim already proved himself multiple times that he's an independent hero. Also Tim becomes Robin after Damian Wayne renouncing his role as Robin (as literally stated on newest TT solicitation) makes him look like second-choice item, the 'replacement' as Jason once said. On the other hand, I really hate the name Drake and I refuse to read the smartest Robin flaunts his civilian surname for villains to know. Not even Duke is that reckless, and he's the newest, most amateur regarding superhero life on Batfam. So, I held my opinion until I see how DC will treat their role-shift. Although I have to say, I don't have high faith for DC to handle that properly (lately they went full Batfam angst and soap opera, sigh).
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 08-05-2020 at 06:43 AM.

Astonishing Member

The only reason why Tim will be regressed to Robin again is because fans disliked the codename Drake, which was an upgrade over Red Robin.

I say DC should give Tim the Flamebird identity, no one has used it in years.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    In my opinion, him as Robin again will be huge regression for Tim,after all the core of Robin is sidekick of Batman and Tim already proved himself multiple times that he's an independent hero.
    In my opion it is not really a regression. He was already quite independent as Robin with very little contact with Batman for pretty long periods back in pre crisis run, and apart from the name change nothing he did since the new 52 was a step up from what he did as Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    What? The only thing Tim did as Robin was to prove that a modern Robin can work.

I voted yes because Drake was another misfire. I don't expect him to be Robin forever, but getting rid of Drake is progress.

Hopefully, DC will actuall have Batman AND Robin together with Tim. Damian and Bruce just don't fit well, Damian and Dick are a much better team than Bruce and Damian. Tim is a much better partner for Bruce.
    Tim was created to reverse the basic Dynamic of the Batman and Robin, with Batman needing a Robin to not go nuts and not him having a Robin to make sure nobody ever became like him. Tim spearheaded that idea which only reinforced the Bat-jerk to the point that it's now ingrained in the character of Batman that Bruce is basically Toxic Masculinity 101 but somehow heroic. That's not good, to say the least.

And having a solo for Robin is good but DC can't have their cake and eat it too. Either Robin is Batman's partner and/or a member of the TT or he's solo. He can't be all of those things at the same time because the character doesn't allow for it.

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post

Carrie proved that a modern Robin can work.

not sure what you mean by fit well. I enjoy Damian and Bruce stories. If you mean working together as a cohesive team we have the stories and titles that show them doing just that. Standard Batman and Robin as a team stuff [by various writers] doing the typical batman and robin crime solving thing well.

batman/TMNT
    Tec for example

Tomasi's batman and robin is often cited as an example of Bruce and Damian not working well together. the thing is fans often overlook or don't get that that title wasn't about dynamic duo as a team but about the two adjusting to and getting to know one another as father and son.

Ironic since tim was created to separate the duo. the idea being to make a robin who is an independent hero