View Poll Results: Do you want Tim to be Robin again?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

36 24.16%
  • No

88 59.06%
  • Depends

25 16.78%
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast
    BANNED

Grown up Robins would just become reduced versions of Batman. The guy is world's greatest detective, top tier tactician/strategist, top 10 skilled fighters, top 10 billionaires, a master of stealth & escapology. How can any Robin become more well rounded than Batman? They simply can't. They work as Batman's sidekicks. Maybe they have different personalities or moral compass that can make them stand out since Batman is this dark, brooding no kill hero but you already have a cheerful hero like Green Arrow or an assassin with his own code of honor like Deathstroke.
    Last edited by prepmaster; 08-17-2020 at 03:04 AM.

DC has jacked the character up so much since Flashpoint. He had good growth and a natural progression to Red Robin and being 19. I love that he'll be Robin, assuming Tynion will be using him in Batman since he loves Tim. Making him 16 in Rebirth has just been really problematic. At 16 he's not too old for Robin, and I don't find Damian to be a particularily good Robin, but Tim has been around long enough to take on a new identity.

Hoping this provides for a natural progression for his after Robin ID like was done pre-Flashpoint.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    DC has jacked the character up so much since Flashpoint. He had good growth and a natural progression to Red Robin and being 19. I love that he'll be Robin, assuming Tynion will be using him in Batman since he loves Tim. Making him 16 in Rebirth has just been really problematic. At 16 he's not too old for Robin, and I don't find Damian to be a particularily good Robin, but Tim has been around long enough to take on a new identity.

Hoping this provides for a natural progression for his after Robin ID like was done pre-Flashpoint.
    Tim was 17 at the end of Pre-Flaspoint. If I'm not mistaken, this age was mentioned in Red Robin solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Tim was 17 at the end of Pre-Flaspoint. If I'm not mistaken, this age was mentioned in Red Robin solo.
    You're right, I thought I had remembered it 19, but it was 17. Still deaged him to an age that being Robin is not out of the ordinary.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by gregpersons View Post
    So right away we know we're in trouble because "Robin" is actually several different individuals. This is not the case for "Batman" and "Spider-Man" and "Superman" and "Wolverine" even though they have each been replaced at various times. We know that Bruce is Batman, Peter is Spidey, Clark is Supes, and Logan is Wolvie.
    Yes, it is the case. Miles Morales ring a bell?

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Beware the Batman had Katana fill the Robin role so yeah Batman needs what the mantle represents than the mantle itself.
    Seriously? Was Tatsu de-aged? She's usually a widow, but Robins are usually teenagers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Seriously? Was Tatsu de-aged? She's usually a widow, but Robins are usually teenagers.
    Not de-aged. She's his bodyguard. There's just no Robin

By the way, why is it a problem that Robin is several individuals when most of them aren't even Robin? There's Nightwing, Red Hood, Red Robin, The Signal, Spoiler, the only Robin is Damian. and maybe they switch it to Tim if Damian's out. That's still only two.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 08-17-2020 at 02:40 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Not de-aged. She's his bodyguard. There's just no Robin

By the way, why is it a problem that Robin is several individuals when most of them aren't even Robin? There's Nightwing, Red Hood, Red Robin, The Signal, Spoiler, the only Robin is Damian. and maybe they switch it to Tim if Damian's out. That's still only two.
    The problem is because Dick and Jason still affect the perception about Robin, even if it is just what they will do when they left Robin mantle.

That's likely the reason why Tim as Red Robin loss his solo when Dick become Nightwing again. Both characters covers the "hero who become independent and left the Robin mantle" aspect.

Jason is the "anti-hero who left the Robin mantle". If another Robin follow this path, other people will mention they are repeating.

So we are left with two Robins that cannot really advance or grow.
    Last edited by Konja7; 08-17-2020 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

She and the other outsiders were deaged in Brave and the Bold. Black Lightning, Metamorpho and Katana teamed up with Wildcat and Batman to take down Sleez.

In Beware she was Bruce's age and an ex-cia agent. I don't think she was married as the Soultaker drama was centered around her father rather than her husband. She and Bruce developed a sibling like dynamic throughout the season. She filled the Robin dynamic without the parent baggage. An older partner works for a younger rookie Bruce to me so I wouldn't be surprised if Reeves does something similar. Granted there are exceptions like Tiffany in Telltale Batman so teenagers would be better than 10 year olds.

For Tim, there are just other characters like the We are Robin kids or Carrie that I rather see be Robin.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 08-17-2020 at 06:12 PM.

Astonishing Member

In Nightwing #73, Jason calls Tim as Drake in the Robin suit. He speaks of Barbara as Batgirl (and he mentions they shouldn't use their real name).

So, it is possible Tim will still be under Drake name in the Robin suit.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    In Nightwing #73, Jason calls Tim as Drake in the Robin suit. He speaks of Barbara as Batgirl (and he mentions they shouldn't use their real name).

So, it is possible Tim will still be under Drake name in the Robin suit.
    May be waiting till the young justice issue with tim and steph getting spotlight or it happens in batman 100, which seems to be a big bat family issue.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    May be waiting till the young justice issue with tim and steph getting spotlight or it happens in batman 100, which seems to be a big bat family issue.
    I guess we'll have to wait.

Although I doubt they are waiting for YJ, since Batman editorial is in control of Tim now.

It will be terrible if he is called Drake in a Robin suit.

I voted no for Tim returning to the Robin persona. My main reason is for that is because DC seems to be erasing all of Damians character progression to accommodate Tim. If you have to tear a character down to build up another is it really worth the pay off?

Reason 2 is that it makes Tim look a little incompetent and childish. He used his own last name as his hero identity, realised that was a terrible idea and hijacks his brothers mantel. Drake was such a bad idea, not Ric bad, but bad all the same. I can't believe DC green lighted it.

Reason 3. It would make Bruce look like a terrible father. If Damian is backsliding into villain territory maybe Bruce should step up his parenting game, instead of stripping away one of the more stable parts of his kids life.

I could tolerate Tim became Robin again if Damian was still Robin too. Bruce strips Damian of the Robin mantel, Damian flips him off and joins up with Dick. Dick is still pissed at the worlds greatest detective for sicking the CoO on him when he was vulnerable and pretending walk it off was a valid strategy for a TBI, even though Batman is supposedly one of the smartest people in the DCU. Dick tells Damian that Robin is about family, reminds him of how he picked the name. He was touched that Damian was the only one of his brothers to check on him. To him Damian will always be family. Damian keeps his family colours.

Tim tells Bruce that Robin is about duty. Robin is supposed to keep Batman on track. He gets a red and black costume, a nod to his Red Robin days. (I would also revive his family and retcon the whole imprisoned parents in a high tech prison thing into oblivion)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    I voted no for Tim returning to the Robin persona. My main reason is for that is because DC seems to be erasing all of Damians character progression to accommodate Tim. If you have to tear a character down to build up another is it really worth the pay off?

Reason 2 is that it makes Tim look a little incompetent and childish. He used his own last name as his hero identity, realised that was a terrible idea and hijacks his brothers mantel. Drake was such a bad idea, not Ric bad, but bad all the same. I can't believe DC green lighted it.

Reason 3. It would make Bruce look like a terrible father. If Damian is backsliding into villain territory maybe Bruce should step up his parenting game, instead of stripping away one of the more stable parts of his kids life.

I could tolerate Tim became Robin again if Damian was still Robin too. Bruce strips Damian of the Robin mantel, Damian flips him off and joins up with Dick. Dick is still pissed at the worlds greatest detective for sicking the CoO on him when he was vulnerable and pretending walk it off was a valid strategy for a TBI, even though Batman is supposedly one of the smartest people in the DCU. Dick tells Damian that Robin is about family, reminds him of how he picked the name. He was touched that Damian was the only one of his brothers to check on him. To him Damian will always be family. Damian keeps his family colours.

Tim tells Bruce that Robin is about duty. Robin is supposed to keep Batman on track. He gets a red and black costume, a nod to his Red Robin days. (I would also revive his family and retcon the whole imprisoned parents in a high tech prison thing into oblivion)
    Apparently Tim is still using Drake name in the Robin suit.

In Nightwing #73, Tim did say "Drake out" when ending his radio call to "Batgirl" (it was Punchline impersonating her).

Jason is calling Tim as Drake too. The dialogue strongly imply it is because the identity, not the last name.

So, it seems he is still Drake, he just use the Robin suit for some reason (maybe the same reasons why Barbara still use Burnside Batgirl suit in Death Metal).

PS: Maybe Tim will have a new suit after the relaunch (if he appears).

I'm sorry, but "Drake" only works for Tim if he's given up on having a secret identity.

Hell, even calling him "Funky Chicken" would be better than "Drake"!

I like Tim Drake in that he is more of the classic innocent good natured Robin, as opposed to Damian who is more cold and stand offish in nature, but....

I think Tim Drake's time has past as Robin, as he's now too old to be a sidekick. I think it's best if he develops into his own character like Nightwing and Red Hood.