Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

And when did Alan move from Capitol to Gotham - was it with COIE (or when Earth Two was introduced as a concept), or did we see him operate in Gotham in the golden age? Or was Capitol City retconned in?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    And when did Alan move from Capitol to Gotham - was it with COIE (or when Earth Two was introduced as a concept), or did we see him operate in Gotham in the golden age? Or was Capitol City retconned in?
    After the Crisis.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Wait . . . where does Green Arrow come into this?
    I am properly shamed. My eyes caught "Green" and "and Black Canary", and my imagination did the rest.

Retired

In the early 1940s comics, Alan Scott moved to New York City where he got a job as a radio engineer. At some point, he's now in Gotham City. But I never found out when that happened, because D.C. didn't continue the GOLDEN AGE GREEN LANTERN ARCHIVES. But I'm guessing it happened somewhere in the middle of the 1940s. And since Bill Finger wrote both characters, I would guess he just referred to the city as Gotham by convention. I wonder about Wildcat--given he was inspired by Green Lantern and written by Finger also--what city was he in?

Star City seems to have moved west across North America through its history. In the early days, it seemed like your typical Eastern seaboard New York style city. I think it's now supposed to be the equivalent of Seattle--although Oliver Queen also lived in the actual Seattle.

In the 1960s, after he left Coast City, Hal Jordan lived in Evergreen City for a bit--which I always thought was supposed to be Seattle. I guess it could be Portland--but Seattle is more of an evergreen city, I think.

Out of all the fictional cities, I always assumed Metropolis is DC's largest city with the highest population. Gotham is older though and the more densely populated city. Again just assumptions.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!