Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Umbrella Academy vs MCU

Umbrella Academy (use all feats, including the season 2 ep 1 flash foward)

Luthor
    Diego
    Alison
    Klause
    Five
    Ben
    Vanya

Vs

Captain America
    Bullseye (Daredevil suit)
    Kilgrave
    Jessica Jones
    Wong
    Whiplash (first appearance just whips no suit)
    Scarlet Witch

Fights takes place in the Indiana Jones Warehouse with characters out of sight of each other.

I feel like Five and Vanya alone could probably do this.

I mean Vanya blew up the moon in Season 1.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I feel like Five and Vanya alone could probably do this.

I mean Vanya blew up the moon in Season 1.
    Wasn’t that after a significant build up though (her concert)?
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Wasn’t that after a significant build up though (her concert)?
    Which she can probably get through Five doing some time shenanigans.

That’s why I didn’t just say she could solo.

Although can Wong also do wibbly-wobbly-timey-wimey stuff? I forget.

Especially with the fight starting in a warehouse where the two teams can't see each other at first but presumably know it's a battle, Vanya just nukes the battlefield. Plenty of time to power up even if we want to argue that it takes time. But situations where it takes time involved her unconsciously using her power from rage. She has more control later.
    Power with Girl is better.

Yeah, End-of-S2 Vanya does not have that time issue.

Kilgrave is MCU's wildcard. Vanya has bullet-timing reactions and a massive AoE; however, if Kilgrave manages to shout, "Kill each other/your siblings!" in time then MCU might pull ahead.

Scarlet Witch is another wildcard. A face-off between Wanda and Vanya would be legendary.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

I think that Vanya is just too fast and too insanely dangerous. She's clearly a bullet-timer who can spit AoEs strong enough to KO everyone here in that time. She can just wipe out the entire warehouse at the bell for the win.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by Tomzilla View Post
    Kilgrave is MCU's wildcard. Vanya has bullet-timing reactions and a massive AoE; however, if Kilgrave manages to shout, "Kill each other/your siblings!" in time then MCU might pull ahead.

Scarlet Witch is another wildcard. A face-off between Wanda and Vanya would be legendary.
    Thought about that but Kilgrave has to be close enough that they can get his scent and hear him. Allison only has to be heard. Starting where they can't even see each other, she can just yell, "Kilgrave, I heard a rumor that you told your teammates to kill you and each other".

True, it takes a little longer but she doesn't have to be anywhere near him.

But yeah, Vanya nukes the place from a distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    Umbrella Academy (use all feats, including the season 2 ep 1 flash foward)

Luthor
    Diego
    Alison
    Klause
    Five
    Ben
    Vanya

Vs

Captain America
    Bullseye (Daredevil suit)
    Kilgrave
    Jessica Jones
    Wong
    Whiplash (first appearance just whips no suit)
    Scarlet Witch

Fights takes place in the Indiana Jones Warehouse with characters out of sight of each other.
    What about 1 on 1 fights so

Luthor vs Captain America
    Diego vs Bullseye
    Alison vs Killgrave
    Klaus vs Jessica Jones
    Five vs Wong
    Ben vs Whiplash
    And Vanya vs Scarlet Witch

Luthor vs Captain America

Cap doesn't seem significantly weaker than Luthor in strength, maybe equal or better, and he's way, way, way faster and more skilled. Even without the shield, I'd give it to Cap.

Diego vs Bullseye

I have not seen MCU Bullseye. Diego is quite the anomaly or maybe P.I.S. He can do superhuman things with knives, mostly put a curve on his throw. But we also see he can have some sort of telekinetic effect on other small objects. Plus he dodges bullets or at least aim dodges which makes it serious P.I.S. that a group of normal humans could capture him or hold him. Still, pass on the fight.

Alison vs Killgrave

This is pure quickdraw. Kilgrave has the edge because he doesn't have that seemingly psychological limitation Allison does of having to preface everything with "I heard a rumor..."

Klaus vs Jessica Jones

I guess we'd have to give Klaus the ability to summon ghosts who interfere in the fight otherwise there is no fight. This is more a question of whether Ben can manifest enough to beat her. But she only has to land one hit on Klaus so I'm betting on her.

Five vs Wong

Tough one but, now that Five has a lot more control of one of his abilities, I'm betting he can survive a mistake and keep replaying like it was a computer game until he wins.

Ben vs Whiplash

If this is living Ben, a think Whiplash has more power. But then again, Ben was darn strong. But we don't see much of what he can do.

And Vanya vs Scarlet Witch.

Vanya's powers are more clear, less vague. Plus she has developed good control and speed. I'd give it to her.

Assuming there is a Round 2 and that it stays one against one, Cap beats Diego if Diego wins his first fight.
    Assuming any distance, Allison "Rumors" Jessica. Unless we argue Jessica is immune to her attack but Allison's attack is different than Kilgrave's and Allison is a trained fighter who can easily evade Jessica long enough to say something.
    If it's Five vs Whiplash, I think Whiplash takes it.
    Vanya gets a pass and it doesn't matter.

Round Three:
    Cap vs Allison. Starting from a hundred feet, she can certainly speak. But can he just plug his ears until he's close? This comes down to whether he knows of her power which would be fairly well known in her world in the modern day.
    Vanya then slaughters Whiplash and makes mincemeat of Cap in the last fight.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

I'm leery of Vanya being a bullet timer. I'd chalk that more up to her powers being activated as the trigger was pulled, and some bad cinematography for how fast bullets move in relation to people. I've seen clips like that before where normal people are shown throwing arms up and the like while a bullet is in flight, and Vanya really isn't presented as particularly super human in physical stats. (Five is another matter. He's presented as extremely fast and dangerous in hand to hand, so I'm more inclined to accept his speed blitz scene at face value, even if it is absurd.) Quite the opposite actually. Not that it matters here, she just nukes the whole warehouse.

Also, am I the only one who felt like Diego's bullet bending felt like a new power they made up on the fly that he really should have used earlier if he had it all along?