Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Gamora, Moondragon, Nova and Spectrum

Binary use to be on this list but I've lost interest in her lately.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Oof. This is a tough question. It’d have to be Mantis and Moondragon.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Top Gal: Jean Grey as Phoenix (if you believe it is the PF that empowers Jean Vs Jean's potential)

Followed by:
    Nova
    Binary
    Moondragon

Monica Rambeau aka Photon is my choice.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

current Captain Universe
    Spectrum

Where is Sundragon?
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Binary use to be on this list but I've lost interest in her lately.
    I know the feeling. I was so upset with Claremont for taking away Carol's Ms. Marvel powers, but he more than made up for it when she became Binary.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Monica Rambeau aka Photon is my choice.
    If She really qualifies for the title (something that was discussed in the 1st page from the thread), the She's my first by far! Greatest Captain Marvel ever!

Definitely obscure, but another favorite would be...

Ganymede
    (First Appearance: Silver Surfer #80)

Last edited by K7P5V; 08-08-2020 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Added clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    If She really qualifies for the title (something that was discussed in the 1st page from the thread), the She's my first by far! Greatest Captain Marvel ever!
    Yes, Monica qualifies here because the initial source of her powers is extradimensional in origin. If her powers were derived more or less as a consequence of a natural phenomena here on Earth, like Electro and the lightning bolt that gave him his powers, then she wouldn't make the cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I don't know if she counts or not but Lady Victorious does use cosmic energy
    Yes, Lady Victorious can be considered a cosmic character.

Zora is an interesting one. Doom didn't just give her any old run of the mill cosmic energy, but Galactus' own Power Cosmic. That's some high grade stuff right there. I didn't realize that Galactus still had small reserves of the PC that he siphoned from the Silver Surfer years ago. Makes you wonder why he didn't bother to use it earlier. He used a portion of it on Tyros (Terrax), but hopefully he used the rest in making Victorious -- otherwise Doom will eventually have an army of Power Cosmic wielding beings that he created. (Why Galactus allows it is beyond me.)

Anyway, getting back to Zora, Reed Richards later changed the energy signature of her Power Cosmic. I take that to mean that she no longer has the Power Cosmic, but "normal" cosmic energy based powers more similar to Havok or an Eternal. I'd be curious to know if she's still as powerful as she was when she had the Power Cosmic. Usually, there is a significant step down in scale, something like going from your grandmother's award winning home-baked family recipe lasagna to a microwave dinner lasagna. Terrax found that out the hard way.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Yes, Monica qualifies here because the initial source of her powers is extradimensional in origin. If her powers were derived more or less as a consequence of a natural phenomena here on Earth, like Electro and the lightning bolt that gave him his powers, then she wouldn't make the cut.
    Nice! So she certainly is my number 1!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Monica doesn't feel as much like a 'space hero' to me, even if she's had crazy awesome levels of power. But she is one of my favorites! (As well as some other 'cosmically powerful, but not necessarily cosmic' heroines like Clea (when she had the Flames of the Faltine, and was a match for Dormammu), or Sersi.)

It's just weird. Cosmic can be ultra powerful, or it can just mean 'active in space adventures' like Gamora or Deathbird or Nikki Gold, who are, less 'cosmically powerful' than Frankie Raye or Moondragon or Phoenix (or even Spider-Woman or the Wasp...).
    Last edited by Sutekh; 08-08-2020 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Monica doesn't feel as much like a 'space hero' to me, even if she's had crazy awesome levels of power. But she is one of my favorites! (As well as some other 'cosmically powerful, but not necessarily cosmic' heroines like Clea (when she had the Flames of the Faltine, and was a match for Dormammu), or Sersi.)

It's just weird. Cosmic can be ultra powerful, or it can just mean 'active in space adventures' like Gamora or Deathbird or Nikki Gold, who are, less 'cosmically powerful' than Frankie Raye or Moondragon or Phoenix (or even Spider-Woman or the Wasp...).
    It can be difficult to pin down what cosmic means, and it certainly has different connotations for some. That's why I tried to simplify it by establishing the origin of the power, training, person, etc., has to be somewhere other than Earth proper. To my mind anyway it's not so much about power levels or anything like that. If Princess Aura from the old Flash Gordon serials was a Marvel character, she'd qualify as cosmic for this thread, because she's not of this Earth. She doesn't have any powers at all as far as I recall. But I don't know if she's necessarily anyone's favorite cosmic femme.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 08-09-2020 at 04:19 PM.